Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The only thing I can guarantee is that Jcrew did not allocate stock to them
Then how else would they get a size run or 2? Not being funny but they didnt just fall out of the sky at the door of kicks hawaii. Also im a little p'd off that i preordered over 2 months ago and im still waiting and kicks hawaii dropped them b4 jcrew did.

Last edited:

that is a NB mistake, they just shipped the wrong box. Happens regularly 
So in all the years jcrew has collaborated with new balance a mis ship happens? No bruh i dont believe that. Funny the independence days,concrete jungles or infernos pebble blues ultramarines never got mis shipped.

Last edited:
I think the salmon toes look pretty good, they just have to be laced up so that the laced are covering more of the salmon color on the tongue.

So in all the years jcrew has collaborated with new balance a mis ship happens? No bruh i dont believe that. Funny the independence days,concrete jungles or infernos pebble blues ultramarines never got mis shipped.

**** happens, there's no conspiracy here haha. I guarantee kicks Hawaii just lucked into some pairs, our preorders will come soon enough :smokin

Not sure if this guy is on NT or not, but here's a pic of his customs with some jacked up mesh... I'd be heated. NB should worry less about turnaround time and more about being NB quality

Not sure if this guy is on NT or not, but here's a pic of his customs with some jacked up mesh... I'd be heated. NB should worry less about turnaround time and more about being NB quality

I've noticed this as well on every custom 998 I've seen so far. I thought I was the only one that actually cares.

It might be a little OCD, but I can't stand when the toebox mesh isn't lined up correctly.

It's called human error. Try and relax a little.

Sbcollector gotta be one of them bidding on a pair.

Good to see prices that high as they are going to a good cause.

Those salmon toes dont look bad to me at all. Not what i would have picked to do for a custom but certainly not horrendous imo. 

That toe box mesh will drive me crazy if my pair is like that...

Sbcollector gotta be one of them bidding on a pair.

Good to see prices that high as they are going to a good cause.
Wrong thread? 
nerd.gif

I agree about the misaligned mesh. That doesn't really seem like something that would be hard to get right. 

Last edited:
Yeah.. once again nothing wrong with those salmon toes, people are going to customize whatever they want. 
laugh.gif

New balance needs to add some forrest green, pinks, purples and yellow color options to them customs. 

It's called human error. Try and relax a little.
What makes you think im not relaxed?? Just some of the comments regarding how kickshi got them seems far fetched. And i would think if new balance made an error in shipping them to the wrong paccount they would have told kicks hi not to sell them or to return them. Its not totally unbelievable that jcrew allowed another store to get these. Jcrew in new york sold the jp2 so maybe the 998's jcrew have will start being available at other spots

The execution I can tell is off. Should have never used the speckled midsole. Also the speed lace system should have been grey (not that it makes much difference). and some other things could have been done different. IMHO if salmon toes are what you are after the 574 is the cheaper and better option.

Maybe you guys can point out what's wrong with these? I honestly don't see it. The mesh lines look to be running from lateral to medial on both shoes. I can't say I care for the lines/grooves in the mesh at all though because I have the same thing in my ZX 8000 OG weaves and it just looks off.

Maybe you guys can point out what's wrong with these? I honestly don't see it. The mesh lines look to be running from lateral to medial on both shoes. I can't say I care for the lines/grooves in the mesh at all though because I have the same thing in my ZX 8000 OG weaves and it just looks off.
Its not that they dont match its that they are on a angle in general. If they were straight vertically or horizontally they would look better imo. Most of us complaining are OCD about alot of things haha. Dont even get started on suede....

Back
Top Bottom