Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just noticed Turnon'spair have the same messed up mesh, didn't notice from the angle at first.

I honestly don't think it's OCD to expect mesh on a custom pair of 998 to have the same mesh as the other 12 pairs of 998s I have... People are spending $200+ on these shoes, the quality should be superior than a less expensive GR pair if not at least the same.

Agreed about the mesh. It should run straight along the width of the shoe, not diagonal. I know it's not a deal breaker for some but I'll save my $200+ until they get this right.

Has anyone seen customs with the perf suede toebox? Just wondering how it looks.

Also, salmon toe 574 look like they could be pretty good. 

I might make those or an anteater inspired 574.

http://niketalk.com/t/158096/official-new-balance-thread/41910#post_23533990
Look good to me
smokin.gif
Woah yeah it does.

Dude on IG is saying the color is Aqua but I assume he means Aruba? or is it Sea Glass?

Also, if anyone has a pic of the sea foam (mint green) color please let me know. 

Waiting to see what that looks like in real life.

I have a mesh pair coming so hopefully this has been fixed...at least they know. I doubt they would make you another pair tho right?
I dont know... If you read the comments on that IG account the @NB1 account agreed that it was unacceptable and asked the guy to DM them his email address. 

I dont know... If you read the comments on that IG account the @NB1 account agreed that it was unacceptable and asked the guy to DM them his email address. 
saw that. That is quite nondescript tho... Anything could happen. Im interested to see how it plays out.

Regarding the 998 customs, these small but apparent issues is why I purposely held off and will continue to hold off a few more weeks to ensure these issues are fixed before I order. No need to rush a new thing, when it's inevitably going to have some kinks to work out. Regardless, the customs quality is looking great and the colors really pop

For good reason too... yuck.

yea they can keep those with that nasty toe box shape

That shoe is one of the worse collabs i have ever seen with new balance.  That shelf life was complete and utter garbage
Haha yeah they're pretty terrible. I guess they sat on shelves, went to storage, and resurrected for restock haha. Will probably go through the same cycle. They should've just discounted it to move them.

Regarding the 998 customs, these small but apparent issues is why I purposely held off and will continue to hold off a few more weeks to ensure these issues are fixed before I order. No need to rush a new thing, when it's inevitably going to have some kinks to work out. Regardless, the customs quality is looking great and the colors really pop

Agreed.

On another note.

My buddy was offered a FREE pair of customs for the delay on his upgraded suede pair.

At the end of the day.

NB might make a mistake, but they will crush it in the customer service department.

Great that they are owning up to it, as Nike would laugh.

USA....

Agreed.

On another note.

My buddy was offered a FREE pair of customs for the delay on his upgraded suede pair.

At the end of the day.

NB might make a mistake, but they will crush it in the customer service department.

USA....
Also why I waited myself- and I didn't have any doubt that NB would do right on this, just sucks for everyone who had to go thru the hassle- hopefully everyone will be offered free pairs or damn close to it

Last edited:
Agreed.

On another note.

At the end of the day.

USA....
and thats why Nike doesn't recieve my service anymore, they are straight crooks. "here you go we will give you free 2 day shipping" FOH

and thats why Nike doesn't recieve my service anymore, they are straight crooks. "here you go we will give you free 2 day shipping" FOH
thats a shame cuz nike has the most cash out of all these sneaker brands. You would think they would offer more to customers that have issues with their products.

thats a shame cuz nike has the most cash out of all these sneaker brands. You would think they would offer more to customers that have issues with their products.
Nike does have one of the better return policies.  Most companies I know (besides RRS) wont let you wear a product for 30 days and still return it.

Wow Kicks Hawaii must Have gotten in some type of **it with jcrew. They removed all traces of the hilltops off their instagram and their online blog.

Last edited:
kicks had like 3 or 4 of only size 8s and it was a mistake that they got it.  i went down last week and they told me it was sold out and what do you know it pops up online.

Back
Top Bottom