Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I can agree with this for the most part, but maybe he's someone who does save his money and only treats himself to a sneaker purchase once in a while, like he saves money every paycheck, but once every 2 months he allows himself $200 for some kicks. I don't know.

It's true though, my life and finances got much easier when I stopped letting money burn a hole in my pocket. Half the time you're dying to cop something it's just momentary. If there's not one pair of those 3 kicks that is just absolutely calling your name then you'd be happier waiting until something came along that did. I've had too many times where I jump on a sale or an impulse buy and then two weeks later there's a quickstrike or collab that comes out and I already spent my money on something I didn't want quite as much.
yes I understand. Saving is never a bad thing. But he made a ton of assumptions and implications that aren't true. And he's truly ******* ignorant. I think he misunderstood me by saying I can only afford one pair as in I'm super low on funds and sneakers are taking priority over every other thing in my life. No it's quite the opposite, I budgeted 200 for a pair of sneakers this paycheck. Sneakers make me happy and it's a relatively healthy vice. I don't have children and have very few responsibilities besides taking care of myself. So to say feel sorry for me if I'm a grown *** man was a college education and a pretty solid job, he needs to ******* check himself. Because he has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited:
yes I understand. Saving is never a bad thing. But he made a ton of assumptions and implications that aren't true. And he's truly ******* ignorant. I think he misunderstood me by saying I can only afford one pair as in I'm super low on funds and sneakers are taking priority over every other thing in my life. No it's quite the opposite, I budgeted 200 for a pair of sneakers this paycheck. Sneakers make me happy and it's a relatively healthy vice. I don't have children and have very few responsibilities besides taking care of myself. So to say feel sorry for me if I'm a grown *** man was a college education and a pretty solid job, he needs to ******* check himself. Because he has no idea what he's talking about.

I'd buy the 997 just cause its on discount and save the money later on for nighthawks. Can't go wrong with the 997 burgundy bruh.

I'd buy the 997 just cause its on discount and save the money later on for nighthawks. Can't go wrong with the 997 burgundy bruh.
Thanks for the feedback! I badly want all three. Of course the IDs can wait unless new balance drops the colors & I don't think the nighthawks will sell out that quickly and might even be discounted because the photos look so bad but they look awesome on foot. And I've wanted the burgundy 997's for sometime now & to see them discounted and on sale, that's probably the right choice. I don't like making impulse buys because I want a lasting/timeless/durable design that I will continuously wear and get my money's worth. so sometimes it helps me clarify when someone throws in their feedback even if I don't know them

Last edited:
JCREW IS CURRENTLY HAVING A 25% OFF PURCHASE ONLINE SALE AT JCREW.COM. THAT BRINGS THE NIGHTHAWKS DOWN TO $138 FYI.

So is there some other way to get the discount? Over the phone?
I bet if you got on the phone and hassled a manager enough they'd give it to you. All about knowing how to work the customer service chain of command to get to someone who can override things like that.

I bet if you got on the phone and hassled a manager enough they'd give it to you. All about knowing how to work the customer service chain of command to get to someone who can override things like that.

Interesting. I wonder how some people got those great deals on the pebble blues..

Interesting. I wonder how some people got those great deals on the pebble blues..

Pebble Blues were part of a sale a while back. It was one of those situations I described above where I had literally JUST bought like 3 or 4 other sneakers in the past month and had to chill. I always took PBs for granted cause they were online and in stores for so long but now they were up for like $110 or something like that and I slept. Hope they bring them back someday.

1300LG. I always forget how plush these are but rarely break them out cause they're dirt magnets.

that is one GOOD looking shoe !!!!!!!  

how comfortable are they to wear?

is this something you could walk around for 6 hours in?

thanks

Hey, does anyone know which laces on NB.com are best to use as replacements on 997s?  

Should I get the 990/993 joints or just the plain "Athletic Flat Lace"?  It's kinda hard to tell the difference.  

Maybe I need to rewatch True Dectective but I'm not getting the inspiration in regards to the color way.
i don't even care how its linked up, and i don't like 999s. but id be lying if i told you a true detective theme didn't get my attention. still passing tho… 

Hey, does anyone know which laces on NB.com are best to use as replacements on 997s?  

Should I get the 990/993 joints or just the plain "Athletic Flat Lace"?  It's kinda hard to tell the difference.  
990/993 are better quality ... That's what I use as replacement laces on all my NB's.

990/993 are better quality ... That's what I use as replacement laces on all my NB's.
Thanks man.  What size do you get?  45" or 54"?

I'll probably go with the 45" because NB laces are always too long for my liking.  Just hoping they won't be too short.  

Saw this on IG. White midsole is an NB1 employee option. Wish they would give everyone that choice.

Back
Top Bottom