Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

2+ years of searching and I finally found a DS pair for a reasonable price.

24491970791_0f4941c7e0_c_d.jpg

24491970851_9793a52670_c_d.jpg

Awesome pick up!
Be careful when you wear them...cracking is a big issue with these!!!

There the only US store I've seen that's dropped them and grenson sold out of their pairs. There's only 800 being sold I don't think the US will too many of these as I've seen more overseas post for them than US. I like them but I'm an 7.5 in 576, the smallest size is 8 and have a good feeling these will run big so I'm holding off. Price tag is not too bad grenson makes some really nice products. This isn't your typical collab.

Looks like these sold out everywhere after all...was able to get an 11.5 ...hope its not too big...dont own any 576 but my tts in most shoes is 11.5...and my 998s are sz 11...fingers crossed..

Comfort wise, what's the highest between 996-997-998? And are there better options for flat feet like me? I tried my first 996s today (atmos) and it felt like **** :/

Comfort wise, what's the highest between 996-997-998? And are there better options for flat feet like me? I tried my first 996s today (atmos) and it felt like **** :/

998s followed by 997s. I don't have any 996s. I have flat feet too. 998s are softer on my heels while 997s are a lot more stiff. If you like Air Force 1 lows then you might like the 997 silhouette.

998s followed by 997s. I don't have any 996s. I have flat feet too. 998s are softer on my heels while 997s are a lot more stiff. If you like Air Force 1 lows then you might like the 997 silhouette.
I heard 998s get uncomfortable after a few hours. Is that true? Also are there any models better for our feet? 

Don't know if the mailing catalog pic was posted yet but here's the Jcrew Midnight Moon 998s. This pic makes them look even more like a superior version of CNSs. Trying to hold off but I might grab a pair.
Superior, what are you smoking? The price is defiantly more reasonable and its nothing like the CNS what so ever and the CNS has better materials but the price tag is just steep. Kind of stupid to compare the two.There both in their own league, comparing both are pointless only thing they have in common are both blue, but not the same shades and a white N. 

Last edited:

Superior, what are you smoking? The price is defiantly more reasonable and its nothing like the CNS what so ever and the CNS has better materials but the price tag is just steep. Kind of stupid to compare the two.There both in their own league, comparing both are pointless only thing they have in common are both blue, but not the same shades and a white N. 
I'll post a picture tomorrow as soon as I open that shipment box 

What ? 998 are the most comfortable shoes I've owned .
I somewhat agree with the 998 becoming uncomfortable after some time although you can say that with every shoe pretty much....but in my experience for example the 998 feels great when you first put them on as opposed to the 997 that feels a little more stiff and less cushiony. but IMO the 997 is far better for long term wears. For whatever reason i can be in those all day and ill suddenly realize that my feet don't hurt at all and shoe feels the same it did when i put them on..... the 998 after 5-8 hours lose its cushiony feel a little and my feet begin to hurt a little.... that being said i wouldn't classify the 998 as being uncomfortable after a few hours but def get where people get that from...

I heard 998s get uncomfortable after a few hours. Is that true? Also are there any models better for our feet? 
I don't think flat footers should be wearing them. We probably should be wearing sneakers with more arch support. I ain't no podiatrist though. There are always insoles you can buy with more arch support.

i have really bad flat feet i have custom orthotics. I had one pair of 996s they felt terrible for me. 998s don't fit my feet correctly, my heal just slips out. 997s work best for me. 

i stand by the 996. i own all three and they're all comfortable for me. i don't know if i have flat feet but a lot of adidas kill my arch. i still recommend saucony to you though. jazz were developed by a podiatrist

for me the 997 is the most comfortable, they were that way straight out of the box but got to give credit where its due the 996 once worn a few times feel like slippers sooooo comfortable.

Sup NT new to the thread, been eyeing NB for so long but the chains of Jordan and Adidas had me hostage, def breaking free and shopping more for comfort, not just visually appeasing sneakers. I had 574's in high school and college. Any models you recommend for someone jumping back into NB?

Sup NT new to the thread, been eyeing NB for so long but the chains of Jordan and Adidas had me hostage, def breaking free and shopping more for comfort, not just visually appeasing sneakers. I had 574's in high school and college. Any models you recommend for someone jumping back into NB?
I find NB's visually appealing.  I find runners to be more wearable compared to Jordans these days so no shame in jumping back.  In terms of models...  I'm a fan of 997/998 and 1500s.  These will be a big jump from 574's in terms of price and quality.

I find NB's visually appealing.  I find runners to be more wearable compared to Jordans these days so no shame in jumping back.  In terms of models...  I'm a fan of 997/998 and 1500s.  These will be a big jump from 574's in terms of price and quality.
Yeah im really feeling 998's, watching a few pairs on ebay. Real dope CWs too, so many options outfit wise. NB isn't the same like nike and adidas right to be worried about fakes?

Yeah im really feeling 998's, watching a few pairs on ebay. Real dope CWs too, so many options outfit wise. NB isn't the same like nike and adidas right to be worried about fakes?
There are some fakes but they look terrible usually.  When in doubt, you could always ask for a LC

Back
Top Bottom