Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

custom?

I have no experience with revlite, how is it?

Only direct comparison I'm able to give is between two pairs of 996. As the name says it should be lighter, but I'm not using them as a performance running shoe... Comfort wise the normal 996 sole feels way better, especially after a couple of hours. But that's my personal opinion. That's being said I don't see any reason for using revlite when the main reason of doing a 997.5 is to combine the superior absorb sole unit of a 998 with the shape of a 997... That makes it obsolete if you ask me.

i was waiting for 990dbl to go on sale and when it finally does i miss my size.. if anyone sees it pop up anywhere else for sale, hit me up please

Only direct comparison I'm able to give is between two pairs of 996. As the name says it should be lighter, but I'm not using them as a performance running shoe... Comfort wise the normal 996 sole feels way better, especially after a couple of hours. But that's my personal opinion. That's being said I don't see any reason for using revlite when the main reason of doing a 997.5 is to combine the superior absorb sole unit of a 998 with the shape of a 997... That makes it obsolete if you ask me.
The reason really is to switch it up and try new things, companies mix it up every once and while. Also the main reason isn't to combine the "superior" abzorb cushioning because in reality  the encap is actually a superior cushioning system. If anything its to make a shift towards a lighter lifestyle shoe because the encap can be clunky. You can see it with every company in the industry is on the move to make a more sleek and lighter lifestyle shoe well still keeping it classic.

How do you guys feel about END launches? It's END's microsite to battle bots.

Basically you register beforehand to purchase a pair of sneakers and they email you the link and put you in a FCFS basis queue line. the concepts collab is relasing this way.

How do you guys feel about END launches? It's END's microsite to battle bots.

Basically you register beforehand to purchase a pair of sneakers and they email you the link and put you in a FCFS basis queue line. the concepts collab is relasing this way.
Time will tell, I think its a great idea but won't know for sure how useful it is until after a few big releases

Last edited:
only way i see it working is if they only email the link to winners...if they give it to everyone who registers then its useless

only way i see it working is if they only email the link to winners...if they give it to everyone who registers then its useless
Well they're obviously not gonna be able to give pairs to everyone when they have a limited supply. Also who cares if theres enough supply for everything the whole point is to make it easier which it will

Last edited:

Well they're obviously not gonna be able to give pairs to everyone when they have a limited supply....
that goes without saying, but they're throwing out words like queue system and FCFS on top of a registration system, whats to prevent botters from grabbing that link faster than someone clicking it manually?

that goes without saying, but they're throwing out words like queue system and FCFS on top of a registration system, whats to prevent botters from grabbing that link faster than someone clicking it manually?
I'm sure it just mimics like lining up for a shoe, 'im sure you can either accept or deny the purchase via email and if you decide not to cop it goes to the next person in line for that size. Seems like a process and after all you could just use a bunch of emails but personally I don't have the time for that.

Back
Top Bottom