Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just came back from China and that 997.5 pack was being pushed hard at all the NB stores I went to. All pairs were actually really nice and I ended up buying the black and olive pairs for ~$160 a piece. Olives didn't fit my suitcase tho, so I had to leave it at my mother in law's fml
frown.gif

Also, peeped a nice nice tweed 997.5 for women. 

Some pics below. 
These are what the hypebeast and reigning champs could've been if they chose 997.5s.  How does the revlite compare to abzorb in terms of comfort, cushion, fit? 

Last edited:

Just came back from China and that 997.5 pack was being pushed hard at all the NB stores I went to. All pairs were actually really nice and I ended up buying the black and olive pairs for ~$160 a piece. Olives didn't fit my suitcase tho, so I had to leave it at my mother in law's fml
frown.gif

Also, peeped a nice nice tweed 997.5 for women. 

Some pics below. 
Thanks for the pics homie.  Liking the black and olive, look real good.  The contrasting tongue throws the grey pair off. 

So regarding the 997.5 pack myself and others have commented on above I chatted with New Balance and it appears to be an Asia exclusive release. If anyone can proxy 
nerd.gif

So regarding the 997.5 pack myself and others have commented on above I chatted with New Balance and it appears to be an Asia exclusive release. If anyone can proxy 
nerd.gif

Black, Olive, Teal, and Grey available here.

https://uptherestore.com/brands/new-balance
Ya thats the only store I could find them on i need an 11.5 U.S. Thanks though.

Oh man you need to stop this! Too much dopeness! I like the bottom pair..Mint Berry Crunch you should call em! LOL!

The only thing holding me down from going total nuts on NB1(with the 15%) is waiting on my first pair to be made and ship. Want to see how they are in real life...then all bets are off! Gonna make a 998 and another 574

Quick preguntas for the NB1 OG's...How often do they put the nubuk or perf suede toe box upgrade up? I've seen denim and camo the lat few months but not a frequent NB1 guy before. How drastic of a change do they do when swapping out the color wheel?
Thanks mane! 
nthat.gif
 Those last joints are my UB40's "Red Red Wine!"​
 ​
 ​

@VidiViciUn  how many pairs of NB1s do you have? Just asking out of curiosity because I feel like you post pics on a weekly basis of new customs you got. I'm looking forward to seeing that 3rd pair when it's done! 
We will just have to wait until December @moshepark  
happy.gif

Somebody please tell me RF is going to wait and drop those RF 997.5 "Cyclades" for another couple of weeks. I need time for my wallet to recuperate..

Somebody please tell me RF is going to wait and drop those RF 997.5 "Cyclades" for another couple of weeks. I need time for my wallet to recuperate..​
Doubt it will be weeks... my guess is this weekend with that teaser tweet on a Tuesday 

Somebody please tell me RF is going to wait and drop those RF 997.5 "Cyclades" for another couple of weeks. I need time for my wallet to recuperate..​
I've got a feeling they're releasing this Saturday. That's a pure hunch. But, based on the way those Bape joints dropped (official promo pics went out the week of release) and the way the Archipelagos dropped on such short notice it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I for sure thought he was dropping these joints on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. 

Either way, I'm in the same boat, fam. In the last month and a half I've copped 6 pairs of NB's and my wife thinks I'm nuts. I gotta have these but I think after this drop it's gonna be a wrap for me and I'm gonna stay far away from NT until 2017 
sick.gif

Also, a better pic of the Cyclades. Hot-damn:

Last edited:

I've got a feeling they're releasing this Saturday. That's a pure hunch. But, based on the way those Bape joints dropped (official promo pics went out the week of release) and the way the Archipelagos dropped on such short notice it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I for sure thought he was dropping these joints on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. 

Either way, I'm in the same boat, fam. In the last month and a half I've copped 6 pairs of NB's and my wife thinks I'm nuts. I gotta have these but I think after this drop it's gonna be a wrap for me and I'm gonna stay far away from NT until 2017 
sick.gif

Ah, the old "after this drop it's going to be a wrap" mentality. 

A word of advice to accomplish this feat... Get rid of any access to the internet. 
laugh.gif

Cyclades are looking extremely dope. That shade of blue/teal used in the back is so dope.
Archipelagos are growing on me. The price also seems more appropriate considering it comes with socks. The devil is in the details I suppose.

Cyclades are looking extremely dope. That shade of blue/teal used in the back is so dope.
Archipelagos are growing on me. The price also seems more appropriate considering it comes with socks. The devil is in the details I suppose.
Sometimes I can't even understand the way some of you think... These shoes are all of a sudden worth the price because they come with a pair of socks??? What????

sick.gif

Welp, I guess I'm going to have to sell some Jordan's, particularly my 2009 Jordan 11 Space Jam's 
mean.gif

Sometimes I can't even understand the way some of you think... These shoes are all of a sudden worth the price because they come with a pair of socks??? What????
Haha, I knew I would be called out on it. They're Stance socks which are usually a bit pricey to begin with. But also taking into account the quality (Made in US) and limited amount of pairs that were probably produced, I can understand the price. Do I agree with it and will I be paying for it? 85% sure that I won't. However, from a market standpoint, it makes sense to me.

Haha, I knew I would be called out on it. They're Stance socks which are usually a bit pricey to begin with. But also taking into account the quality (Made in US) and limited amount of pairs that were probably produced, I can understand the price. Do I agree with it and will I be paying for it? 85% sure that I won't. However, from a market standpoint, it makes sense to me.
Haha. I was just messing with you anyways. I like the Archipelagos, but after taxes and shipping I can't justify the price. $272 shipped to NY is rough. The socks don't do anything for me. 

If Concepts were to drop these at $240 (with their free shipping and no taxes) I'd probably cop them. 

haha it sounds ridiculous but these brands know that the consumer needs some incentive whether it be a painted box (im assuming the box is still cardboard) or a pair of socks that costs .50 to make. Also for those interested I did see some on eBay for 250/260 SHIPPED so those in NY looking to buy could save a few bucks on the 'bay.

haha it sounds ridiculous but these brands know that the consumer needs some incentive whether it be a painted box (im assuming the box is still cardboard) or a pair of socks that costs .50 to make. Also for those interested I did see some on eBay for 250/260 SHIPPED so those in NY looking to buy could save a few bucks on the 'bay.
Yeah. I'm going to wait it out and cash in on a pair from a re-seller that will panic and let them go for a hefty discount once they realize they aren't moving. 

Haha. I was just messing with you anyways. I like the Archipelagos, but after taxes and shipping I can't justify the price. $272 shipped to NY is rough. The socks don't do anything for me. 

If Concepts were to drop these at $240 (with their free shipping and no taxes) I'd probably cop them. 
I feel that bro. Like I said, I can't see myself paying the price either. It's pretty crappy that New Yorkers don't get any love (aka free shipping), considering the damn store is right here. Well, business is business I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom