Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I was real tempted by the olive cw but don't know how I feel about the revlite midsole
I'd personally avoid it if I were you - picked up a pair of Beauty x Youth 997.5s while I was in HK, and I also sampled a lot of the 997.5 GR colorways they had out at the time. The quality is supremely disappointing (cut of the sneaker, shoddy materials) and the REVLITE was super uncomfortable, at least for me. 

In fact overall I've had pretty ****** experiences with Asian-made New Balances, it's like their Made in USA counterparts are almost always better. 

Yea those Cyclades are dope, do hope he waits a few weeks though, so I can move some stuff I never wear. Right when I say I'm not going to buy anymore shoes for a couple months....

Yea those Cyclades are dope, do hope he waits a few weeks though, so I can move some stuff I never wear. Right when I say I'm not going to buy anymore shoes for a couple months....
Same boat dude. I'm constantly telling myself that I need to stop, but something always comes along....

Came

with socks. Some unfiltered pics

Same boat dude. I'm constantly telling myself that I need to stop, but something always comes along....

Two years ago I sold a majority of my sneaker collection towards an engagement ring purchase and I said I was out of the game... here I am in a sneaker forum, 29 years old with a 15 month old. It never ends!

Two years ago I sold a majority of my sneaker collection towards an engagement ring purchase and I said I was out of the game... here I am in a sneaker forum, 29 years old with a 15 month old. It never ends!

Dude thats insane. I did the same thing 3 years ago. Here I am, 29 years old, married with a 15 month old lol.

Getitaway..pair is actually very nice in hand. Those pictures don't really help my opinion but it's a nice release (overall). I don't blame you for passing with that ridiculous NY tax though!

You guys think the Cyclades RF 997.5 will hit other stores? I don't think I will be able to grab them if they drop this weekend.. 
mean.gif

These are what the hypebeast and reigning champs could've been if they chose 997.5s.  How does the revlite compare to abzorb in terms of comfort, cushion, fit? 
So far I find my 998s (abzorb) to be more comfortable, but revlite isnt too far off

You guys think the Cyclades RF 997.5 will hit other stores? I don't think I will be able to grab them if they drop this weekend.. 
mean.gif
This weekend? I just got a deal on 577 Orange English Tenders, a pair of plan b 575 End., and a 574 NB1!!

Who am I kidding...If they come with orange & teal laces and a special box send me the link :smile:

I know some of the dudes on this thread really care about this, but just keep in mind that these Asia-only 997.5 releases seem to use Revlite technology on their outsoles and not the Abzorb technology typically found on MiUSA 998s, which to some people is a dealbreaker when deciding if this is something to keep/wear/resell/etc.. It might be off-putting how 'lightweight' the shoe might feel compared to a regular MiUSA 997.5 or 998, but overall I personally feel it's adequate. I purchased the Beauty x Youth 997.5's earlier this year from Japan (exclusive) but made in China, so I've worn my "997HY" a handfull of times. I think aesthetically it's a beautiful shoe. The shoe is comfortable, though honestly it's not anywhere near a MiUSA's build quality nor comfortability. You probably couldn't tell if you were to wear it for a couple hours just for pics etc, but slowly feel wear on the shoe and maybe some slight foot pain if you have a weird arch or flat-footed. 

Last edited:
Man. I am pleased with these. 5 pairs of laces. Three waxed laces (black, navy, white) and standard flat laces (aquatic blue and seafoam mint). 

Socks and box are a super nice touch as well. I put in the aqua blue and seafoam mint laces in on each shoe. Here's a look:

SUPER stoked for the Cyclades... I swear I'm done with purchases for 2016, though, after these. I promise no more LPU posts, lol.

Man. I am pleased with these. 5 pairs of laces. Three waxed laces (black, navy, white) and standard flat laces (aquatic blue and seafoam mint). 

Socks and box are a super nice touch as well. I put in the aqua blue and seafoam mint laces in on each shoe. Here's a look:
SUPER stoked for the Cyclades... I swear I'm done with purchases for 2016, though, after these. I promise no more LPU posts, lol.
Nice! I'm still scheming on getting funds for the Cyclades... How is the sizing on them? I half size down on my order. ​

Last edited:
All those Chinese made 9975's look real nice, but I'm always put off by the chunky af toebox.

The MIU grey 9975 look amazing though, need to cop those on disco some time.

Nice! I'm still scheming on getting funds for the Cyclades... How is the sizing on them? I half size down on my order. ​

You should be good if you went with your 998 size! I usually go same size in both 997 and 998 but 998 is always a bit wider which I am okay with. I easily could have half sized down to an 11 and been comfy in these.

Haha that's wild man! Good luck with your son/ daughter

Thanks, brother! Baby girl is growing up too fast. Recently laced her in her first pair of NBs and she loves them!

Back
Top Bottom