Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

yessir
nthat.gif

Tried most of the laces but ended up going with those as well

Hey guys my M997NV squeaks like crazy when walking. Is it because of the leather liner? Only wore them twice so far.

None of my other 33 pairs of NB's sound this noisy. Wondering how to resolve this the 997NV is such a clean classic pair.

Comments on recent releases - the Jcrew greenback...ugly, easy pass.

The RF archipelago  looks interesting with the two color for the N but would have liked it better if they switched it so that the outside was the same color and the inside N was the second color. 

Last edited:

Hey guys my M997NV squeaks like crazy when walking. Is it because of the leather liner? Only wore them twice so far.

None of my other 33 pairs of NB's sound this noisy. Wondering how to resolve this the 997NV is such a clean classic pair.

Comments onrecent releases - the Jcrew greenback...ugly, easy pass.

The RF archipelago  looks interesting with the two color for the N but would have liked it better if they switched it so that the outside was the same color and the inside N was the second color. 
Had the squeaky problem on my CNS 998. I believe this is caused by the leather on the tongue rubbing against the leather lining. Loosen the laces and it should fix the problem for the most part. It worked for me.

I agree, if the colors of the N were the same on the inside/outside I would have been more inclined to cop. Nice looking shoe tho. Making me wear my CNS more often

Had the squeaky problem on my CNS 998. I believe this is caused by the leather on the tongue rubbing against the leather lining. Loosen the laces and it should fix the problem for the most part. It worked for me.

I agree, if the colors of the N were the same on the inside/outside I would have been more inclined to cop. Nice looking shoe tho. Making me wear my CNS more often
Thanks man. You are correct. If I keep the tongue straight and high then it doesn't squeak as loudly, it's when the tongue slips. I also use the extra hole to keep the knot small. 

Last edited:

Thanks man. You are correct. If I keep the tongue straight and high then it doesn't squeak as loudly, it's when the tongue slips. I also use the extra hole to keep the knot small. 
 ​
I think @mykoh  or someone mentioned several months back a cheap and quick simple way of stopping the squeaking. Applying duct tape where the tongue and leather liner intersect if i remember correctly.​

Last edited:

I think @mykoh
 or someone mentioned several months back a cheap and quick simple way of stopping the squeaking. Applying duct tape where the tongue and leather liner intersect if i remember correctly.​
Yea, there's a YouTube vid on it.

at least jcrew not tripping with the price. that $180 is not bad for the materials used. even the dpho nb priced @220

also not putting duct tape in my shoes, would find another way around it. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Really confused and salty that all these NB collabs are dropping in a period of a week, & also earlier than anticipated. Weren't the Greenbacks scheduled to drop on the 15th? 
eyes.gif
 ​
Really I'm just salty that Ronnie drops 500$ worth of NB's in a 5 day period. With no warning... WTF!!! 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Yeah man the Ronnie drops caught me off guard only thing that saved me was that I knew from first seeing them I wanted both and watched the budget a little closer than normal. But still thats $500 with alot of year remaining.

Really confused and salty that all these NB collabs are dropping in a period of a week, & also earlier than anticipated. Weren't the Greenbacks scheduled to drop on the 15th? 
eyes.gif

Really I'm just salty that Ronnie drops 500$ worth of NB's in a 5 day period. With no warning... WTF!!! 
mean.gif
I wouldn't stress it Ronnies will prob re release at other retailers, if they don't there is always Kithmas & people selling them below retail in a few months. Also the J Crews will sit and prob go on discount.

I'm so fortunate that I don't care for all these collabs dropping this week. I wouldn't be able to afford it.

I do hope everyone one that wants them is able to get them. That's a lot of money to spend in a short period.

FYI I like using PayPal credit for online shopping. %0 for 6 months on any purchase over $99.

Back
Top Bottom