Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Took them in a bright area so the colors show a bit lighter than usual. You can see what the light does to the colors in the first pic. The colors on the back heel in that pic are true. One of my favorite shoes right now, they managed to mix a lot of eye-catching bits of color in the shoe but it's all subdued by the dark grey and black. BTW the tongue, heel tab, and accents on the toe box are all 3M. My only thing with that is that it creases easily and the 3M material accentuates the creases. I've been holding off from wearing these out to put them on here first so now I can't wait to wear them. Definitely a great buy, if you can find them at your local jcrew I recommend checking them out.
Those look so nice. Gonna have to pick some up as soon as J Crew offers any kind of sale, which isn't very often unfortunately.

Yeah, but that happens everywhere. People in Houston are complaining this weekend because dudes from NYC are buying up all the Nike ASG kicks to resell. SMH

heard place in houston paid someone a good chunk of money to buy up all the j's at a finish line and the guy toom the money and hauled ***. nice to see a reseller like that get scammed. hoping sneaker summit has some kennedys or the older burn rubbers

heard place in houston paid someone a good chunk of money to buy up all the j's at a finish line and the guy toom the money and hauled ***. nice to see a reseller like that get scammed. hoping sneaker summit has some kennedys or the older burn rubbers
there's a fella like that which does that here in chicago :/

Does anybody here ever water proof their NB's with the water proofing spray you can get from like Finish Line?  Is there any downside to using this that anyone knows of?  I've used it on Jordans a long time ago, but I'm hesitant to use it on some of my more high quality New Balances.  I don't even know what kind of negative effect it might have (discoloration, easier deterioration, etc.), but figured I'd ask if anyone has had any experience one way or the other...

Does anybody here ever water proof their NB's with the water proofing spray you can get from like Finish Line?  Is there any downside to using this that anyone knows of?  I've used it on Jordans a long time ago, but I'm hesitant to use it on some of my more high quality New Balances.  I don't even know what kind of negative effect it might have (discoloration, easier deterioration, etc.), but figured I'd ask if anyone has had any experience one way or the other...

I use the kiwi spray w no issues.

Not quite sure what I was thinking. I was up early for the Royals this morning when I typed that. My pair is made in Vietnam as well. Apologies.

Denim Blue 996 yesterday:
Firstly, I dont mean for this question to be sarcastic: Is that how you wear your pants with shoes?? if so, im curious as to what the rest of your outfit is. Again, this is not meant to be jest-ful and is genuinely 100% inquisitive.   

Last edited:
Firstly, I dont mean for this question to be sarcastic: Is that how you wear your pants with shoes?? if so, im curious as to what the rest of your outfit is. Again, this is not meant to be jest-ful and is genuinely 100% inquisitive.   
I've started wearing my jeans like that, but only with some runners. The pinroll gives the pant a taper in the leg, which I like the look and comfort of, while also helping to prevent from indigo stains. Plus, it compliments the shoes you're wearing. These were worn with a blue v-neck, grey jacket, and a navy fitted.

Some recent NB wears from me:

Hoping the Toothpastes keep holding up alright, a few people I know who own them have their soles are starting to come away from the upper, 
ohwell.gif

I see nothing wrong with the pinroll cuff. Just like gt stated it compliments the kicks your wearing and prevents the suede to get those annoying denim stain. I do this as well when I wear runners with light suede.  

I've started wearing my jeans like that, but only with some runners. The pinroll gives the pant a taper in the leg, which I like the look and comfort of, while also helping to prevent from indigo stains. Plus, it compliments the shoes you're wearing. These were worn with a blue v-neck, grey jacket, and a navy fitted.
On the topic of Indigo stains - anyone have a good way of getting rid of them?  I broke out my West NYC's for the first time the other day and literally left my jeans unrolled for an hour without thinking about it and of course - blue stain.  I'll live with it, but would really like to have it gone.  Any suggestions?

On the topic of Indigo stains - anyone have a good way of getting rid of them?  I broke out my West NYC's for the first time the other day and literally left my jeans unrolled for an hour without thinking about it and of course - blue stain.  I'll live with it, but would really like to have it gone.  Any suggestions?
you can try jason markk  but i have no experience with that. i personally use the footlocker suede and nubuck kit

FTL or FNL carries a product now that says it removes denim stains. I haven't used it, I use jason markk if that doesnt work you may want to pick it up.

OT since this is an NB thread but since everyone is talking about it, i used to put waterproofing spray on the bottom of indigo denim where it would contact shoes after a while id get lazy though and stopped spraying it after every wash. It's just shoes, and if denim stained them, it woll be covered over the next time you wear them. if you are worried about when you have to wear shorts im sure most here have too many in their rotation to replace it with.

I probably missed it but how do the 1600s fit? I wear normally a tight 8.5 in New Balance. So if these run a little tight, I'm going to go up to 9. Thanks in advance. 

Back
Top Bottom