Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

ALD is cool but incredibly overpriced for mediocre quality. In terms of exposure with collaborations is something you typically earn. See a branding on the outside of a sneaker is something that should be earned. Correct me if im wrong but NB doesn't let many collaborators do that. So to let a company that you have only worked with for less than a year and can only move hyped product and models to put their brand is a bit suspect. The head of NB lifestyle is the type of guy that would do anything for some clout or collaborate with a brand for his own personal interest. If anything their relationship with NB has pushed me away from the brand. NB's real consumer don't feed into hype and overpriced streetwear whose brand will dissolve after 3 years. They feed into consistency, honesty and quality. All of which has slipped ALOT the past 3 years.

From what you're saying, i'm guessing you're talking about Joe Grondin, but surely there are those higher up that can be blamed for the logistics and quality issues, no? I don't know Grondin aside from him being their collab guy (is he empowered with more responsiblity?), but i haven't really found their quality slipping. I've bought a lot of NB product in the last 5 years, and I definitely agree with your earlier point that consistent distribution and is a weak point for them as you never know where a collab or even a GR will drop at xxxxxx stores/boutiques. I've seen their GRs drop one weekend at Boutique 1 then 3 weeks later at Boutique 2. I also don't 'get' their collaborations with these tiny boutiques, but i'm probably not their target market.

I think NB is a victim too much product (in the entire industry) coming out. Tooooo many collabs release that when 'collectors' don't see a boutique name tied to it, why bother? The ALD are in my opinion very basic and as someone else said, if they were a GR, they'd be on Joe's in 9 mths.

With that said, can we PLEASE get someone to update the NB1 color options and keep that social media account alive??? Keep all your collabs and GRs...gimme a steady palette of changing colors to play with every few months. Best product they make IMO because those are 1 of 1, and in some cases, better than these booty collabs.

feelmeguilty feelmeguilty NB1 is great when someone like you knows what they're doing. I gotta admit, I've seen some of your NB1s and have been tempted to copy you!

That being said, I do enjoy a good NB collab if it's done right.

IMG_20191104_162409.jpg

From what you're saying, i'm guessing you're talking about Joe Grondin, but surely there are those higher up that can be blamed for the logistics and quality issues, no? I don't know Grondin aside from him being their collab guy (is he empowered with more responsiblity?), but i haven't really found their quality slipping. I've bought a lot of NB product in the last 5 years, and I definitely agree with your earlier point that consistent distribution and is a weak point for them as you never know where a collab or even a GR will drop at xxxxxx stores/boutiques. I've seen their GRs drop one weekend at Boutique 1 then 3 weeks later at Boutique 2. I also don't 'get' their collaborations with these tiny boutiques, but i'm probably not their target market.

I think NB is a victim too much product (in the entire industry) coming out. Tooooo many collabs release that when 'collectors' don't see a boutique name tied to it, why bother? The ALD are in my opinion very basic and as someone else said, if they were a GR, they'd be on Joe's in 9 mths.

With that said, can we PLEASE get someone to update the NB1 color options and keep that social media account alive??? Keep all your collabs and GRs...gimme a steady palette of changing colors to play with every few months. Best product they make IMO because those are 1 of 1, and in some cases, better than these booty collabs.

I mean the shape has been a HUGE issue in terms of quality, especially the last 5 years. Pretty sure Joe has say in who gets what. He’s a big RF stan. when you can praise RF via articles you should be able to address other issues. Their communication and distribution is the worst in the industry. Honestly it really isn’t tough to hand HS orHB release information and have it known to the public. Heck make a post on IG or create a blog! I think they purposely don’t communicate release information to create the illusion of exclusivity and hype.

I agree with too many CWs and models. Read a very interesting article how companies are going to need to be more selective with releases. They keep re branding products that were just released. They are clearly struggling with innovation and technology. All of the new models just seemed like they went around the factory found old materials/cushioning and rebrand it with some BS.

It will certainly be interesting to see where lifestyle is headed over the next few years and I hope the best for them. I just never thought I would see the day where a basic Yezzy color is easier to get than a basic NB. They just seem to be regressing with the industry.

ALD is cool but incredibly overpriced for mediocre quality. In terms of exposure with collaborations is something you typically earn. See a branding on the outside of a sneaker is something that should be earned. Correct me if im wrong but NB doesn't let many collaborators do that. So to let a company that you have only worked with for less than a year and can only move hyped product and models to put their brand is a bit suspect. The head of NB lifestyle is the type of guy that would do anything for some clout or collaborate with a brand for his own personal interest. If anything their relationship with NB has pushed me away from the brand. NB's real consumer don't feed into hype and overpriced streetwear whose brand will dissolve after 3 years. They feed into consistency, honesty and quality. All of which has slipped ALOT the past 3 years.

NB changed their branding rule recently. within the past year or more. that's why there have been a bunch lately: ( EYE CDG, Aries, Reformation, Figs, etc.)

So are guys like Joe Grondin just there to seek and secure collaborations? Cool, they've been killing it. But how can his peers in that company NOT have better oversight for marketing and distribution? At least better quality control for their MIUSA products. It's such a shame to see how this brand has gone to the negatives that have been brought up in the last few posts are the same gripes we've been having for years being validated, over and over. :stoneface:

Edit: I remember checking New Balance Corporate jobs after Kawhi and the Raptors earlier this year, and New Balance was blanket hiring literally every corporate position possible. It has since downsized, but it seems like jobs like these are more instrumental to address our concerns.
As an EDI Analyst, you will use Sterling Integrator and Cleo Harmony to set up and modify Integration requirements for both internal and external partners. You will support retail, logistics, and supply-side EDI. You will help maintain the EDI environment for optimal up-time and provide off-hour support for production issues and system maintenance as needed. You will log and track transactional and system issues for historical research and identify recurring issues for training opportunities and system enhancements. In this role, you will on-board trading partners and business documents, modify and test maps, support daily operations by identifying and resolving EDI issues and related supported business systems, and setup new Managed File Transfer processes.

Last edited:

+1 for the nb1 color options. Right now they have only 8 colors to choose for the suede which is crazy. They have to change the color wheels soon

What do y'all think the Aries 991 will retail for in the US? Don't see any stockists listed, but they will be dropping in the US and Asia this Friday.

I agree with previous opinions ... the quality of the NB Mi USA drop (look at this pair of 997 which just 3 months), plus it becomes very difficult to find basic models! Please New balance take back in hand!
6310FD12-EEE9-43D1-988A-50F260A292CE.jpeg
7A2AEF76-BF75-4D6F-8BFD-C748450FE62B.jpeg

So are guys like Joe Grondin just there to seek and secure collaborations? Cool, they've been killing it. But how can his peers in that company NOT have better oversight for marketing and distribution? At least better quality control for their MIUSA products. It's such a shame to see how this brand has gone to the negatives that have been brought up in the last few posts are the same gripes we've been having for years being validated, over and over. :stoneface:

Edit: I remember checking New Balance Corporate jobs after Kawhi and the Raptors earlier this year, and New Balance was blanket hiring literally every corporate position possible. It has since downsized, but it seems like jobs like these are more instrumental to address our concerns.

problem is they are very biased with hiring.A lot of it is internally, through family or competitive/professional athletes. They purposely don’t communicate things. They would rather leave consumers out in the cold to drive hype.

Back
Top Bottom