Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The new article with RF and NB has me dying.

“Ronnie’s been able to curate and maintain one of the most pinnacle sneaker assortments in the world, all while creating a global brand name that continues to resonate,” said New Balance global collaboration manager Joe Grondin. “No one has been able to do that at the scale that Ronnie has.”

100% respect Ronnies hustle but what scale is he talking about the guy fake sells out his product, made a "collab" that is nearly identical to GRs and is an absolute Diva who blocks anyone who makes a neutral or negative comment on his IG.

"Analyst, you will use Sterling Integrator and Cleo Harmony to set up and modify Integration requirements for both internal and external partners. You will support retail, logistics, and supply-side EDI. You will help maintain the EDI environment for optimal up-time and provide off-hour support for production issues and system maintenance as needed. You will log and track transactional and system issues for historical research and identify recurring issues for training opportunities and system enhancements. In this role, you will on-board trading partners and business documents, modify and test maps, support daily operations by identifying and resolving EDI issues and related supported business systems, and setup new Managed File Transfer processes."

understood about 30% of that. sounds like a quote from office space

I mean TBH the limited GR and collabs really aren't hard to communicate distribution they usually just ship to a select 1-15 stores. All it takes is to create a article with release information. Fire it off to Highsnobiety and other sneaker websites and if anything happens have them update and release a tweet with changes. Check shipping to make sure product s is scheduled for arrival before release. Really isn't rocket science, they have access to editors and HS is a New Balance Vendor.

The @feelmeguilty N2 have arrived. Will pull them out for wear this week.
F08771F1-4375-470B-9A04-4CA1FA17B022.jpeg

Really wish i had a pair!!

"Analyst, you will use Sterling Integrator and Cleo Harmony to set up and modify Integration requirements for both internal and external partners. You will support retail, logistics, and supply-side EDI. You will help maintain the EDI environment for optimal up-time and provide off-hour support for production issues and system maintenance as needed. You will log and track transactional and system issues for historical research and identify recurring issues for training opportunities and system enhancements. In this role, you will on-board trading partners and business documents, modify and test maps, support daily operations by identifying and resolving EDI issues and related supported business systems, and setup new Managed File Transfer processes."

understood about 30% of that. sounds like a quote from office space
Aren’t there blue pills for EDI issues or so I’ve heard...

“Ronnie’s been able to curate and maintain one of the most pinnacle sneaker assortments in the world, all while creating a global brand name that continues to resonate,” said New Balance global collaboration manager Joe Grondin. “No one has been able to do that at the scale that Ronnie has.”

100% respect Ronnies hustle but what scale is he talking about the guy fake sells out his product, made a "collab" that is nearly identical to GRs and is an absolute Diva who blocks anyone who makes a neutral or negative comment on his IG.

KITH took a huge nose dive over the last couple of years. Quality, imagination and effort has completely fallen off a cliff. That’s the price of scaling a business, people have tried to compare Ronnie to Ralph Lauren or Even Tommy Hilfiger which is a complete joke. His designs are stale and over priced and although Teddy Santis (ALD) might not be super innovative, I do appreciate the vibe he has created.

KITH took a huge nose dive over the last couple of years. Quality, imagination and effort has completely fallen off a cliff. That’s the price of scaling a business, people have tried to compare Ronnie to Ralph Lauren or Even Tommy Hilfiger which is a complete joke. His designs are stale and over priced and although Teddy Santis (ALD) might not be super innovative, I do appreciate the vibe he has created.

Kith has always been hit or miss. I honestly gave the brand a lot of shots but their customer service is downright terrible, quality was hit or miss(mostly the ladder) and their fitting and sizing is allllll over the place.

i can appreciate ALD, great design just terrible price point for the quality. That’s the problem withgetting on board with all these streetwear brands is they don’t give a F about the consumer and that’s why they have so much trouble with staying relevant.

After the distaste with the releases handled by Jjjjjound, Aries, stray rats, no vacancy inn, ALD. Is that these releases are essentially set up for only influencers, friends and family and people who work there. But they market them more than most collaborations. The whole point of a collab is to bring in new customers. Making me jump through hoops and creating false hope does the exact opposite of the intent of collabs. I do understand that not all collabs will be easy to get but most are just down right impossible and they are dropping production numbers for them. Take a look at the ALD 997, sold out nearly instantly, limited to 250 pairs, 140 of which hit stockx.

I do appreciate the vibe that Teddy has created. It reminds me of RL a lot of the time though.

-Drew

Kith has always been hit or miss. I honestly gave the brand a lot of shots but their customer service is downright terrible, quality was hit or miss(mostly the ladder) and their fitting and sizing is allllll over the place.

i can appreciate ALD, great design just terrible price point for the quality. That’s the problem withgetting on board with all these streetwear brands is they don’t give a F about the consumer and that’s why they have so much trouble with staying relevant.

After the distaste with the releases handled by Jjjjjound, Aries, stray rats, no vacancy inn, ALD. Is that these releases are essentially set up for only influencers, friends and family and people who work there. But they market them more than most collaborations. The whole point of a collab is to bring in new customers. Making me jump through hoops and creating false hope does the exact opposite of the intent of collabs. I do understand that not all collabs will be easy to get but most are just down right impossible and they are dropping production numbers for them. Take a look at the ALD 997, sold out nearly instantly, limited to 250 pairs, 140 of which hit stockx.

I completely agree on most points, I will say that ALD has much more consistent sizing and their quality (although probably not worth the price point) is far superior to any other “streetwear” brand I’ve bought from. It also tends to go on sale at third party vendors. I’ve been able to grab hoodies in the $55-$70 range and other pieces at even better prices which to me is well worth it.

I somehow was lucky enough to grab both ALD 997s when they released on their site and I do think that others were able to get them in store. Seeing how they have sold consistently at a premium I don’t think I will be successful this time around because I’m sure they will get eaten up by bots. I do agree that many of the other “collabs” were impossible to grab and it’s either that the partner is backdooring the entire stock (No Vacancy Inn) or is unsophisticated on how to successfully launch a product without bots (stray rats).

I agree with all of your points.

I feel like the only other brand that I really mess with now is Noah.

-Drew

I completely agree on most points, I will say that ALD has much more consistent sizing and their quality (although probably not worth the price point) is far superior to any other “streetwear” brand I’ve bought from. It also tends to go on sale at third party vendors. I’ve been able to grab hoodies in the $55-$70 range and other pieces at even better prices which to me is well worth it.

I somehow was lucky enough to grab both ALD 997s when they released on their site and I do think that others were able to get them in store. Seeing how they have sold consistently at a premium I don’t think I will be successful this time around because I’m sure they will get eaten up by bots. I do agree that many of the other “collabs” were impossible to grab and it’s either that the partner is backdooring the entire stock (No Vacancy Inn) or is unsophisticated on how to successfully launch a product without bots (stray rats).

A lot of them were insane because they allow them to allocate 75-95% of pairs to in store. So what happens is the employees skim off the top.

NB has essentially bent the knee to anyone they work with and give them full control of distribution. Which anyone withhalf a brain knows that just means more pairs will Fall into the wrong hands. Whether Joe G does that on purpose for some free gear or other perks is entirely up to you.

He is all about the clout on IG and will occasionally shout out the collaborator for free product he gets. Most recently that snowpack gear which retails for nearly a rack for just one piece. All of these spontaneous limited collabs, ****ty communications, giving kith full access to 99x series, admiring RF and showing off free gear from one of your vendors isn’t that best look and makes me second guess his intention. Can only imagine the **** he gets and doesnt show off online

Last edited:

Don’t forget inventing navy blue.

That article makes me laugh. Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Ronnie Fieg. 1 doesn’t fit ... unless you collect shoes or younger and into street wear, you’d be hard pressed to find the average joe know who Aaron Feeg even is. I’m sure if you walked down the street and asked some random, they’d look at you like you had 3 eyes. Conversely, you could probably could go to Siberia and ask who RL and TH and get a correct answer. I consider Ronnie a color-blocking king more than a “designer”.

A bit of a stretch to compare him to two icons.

Back
Top Bottom