Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

There are still sizes in drop down menu. 9s and 10s still there. Keep trying.
Now sold out.  Resisted doubling up and happy with the one pair I got. Glad to finally get through on one of these online releases. Got my order confirmation minutes after getting through. Hope people in here were able to cop.

Last edited:
^^^It sucks but they're just shoes. And I think I'd give in store customers preference over online ones. The in store release seemed to be fairer.

NB collaborations seem to be extremely limited Nike QS territory. I've only been able to get the Benjamin's. Everything else was a bust. But it doesn't bother me, since NB has a lot of regular releases I want.
I know what you mean but unless you live in New York, Chicago, or LA you are pretty much stuck with online releases. It isn't fair to the rest of the country. It's frustrating when the few stores that do get them all pull the "in-store only" bit.

watched the Giants, took a shower, aaand totally forgot about the release time LOL ****

anyone know the other stores getting these for the wider release?

Struck out, as well. On to the 998 from Concepts—hopefully we see photos of the entire sneaker by tomorrow.

I know what you mean but unless you live in New York, Chicago, or LA you are pretty much stuck with online releases. It isn't fair to the rest of the country. It's frustrating when the few stores that do get them all pull the "in-store only" bit.
Agreed. Not living in a major city makes it tough. Also, having a full-time job makes it even harder to go to an in-store release. Stores should follow through on the "one pair per customer" policy and allocate more pairs for online release. I think this would make it tougher for resellers and would distribute the pairs better across the country or even internationally. But what do I know... maybe I'm just salty from missing out on some releases haha.

Last edited:
I dunno. Isn't there a thread full of people who cheat the online buying system? Buying a limited shoe in store or online is always going to be difficult unless you're "in" with the store employees, willing to camp out, bring the Brady Bunch to get raffle tickets, use a RSVP or bot.

I try (by clicking honestly), but like I said, the beautiful thing about New Balance is there are still a lot of models and color ways that can be bought as a consolation prize (999 Elites, 990 Anniversary, 1600, 1500, 1300, 998 and 996).

I'm disappointed I didn't get the Norses, Invincibles, etc but it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

On another note, now I'm kinda salty I missed the re-airing of the latest Breaking Bad for these.  
laugh.gif

Now I have to wait another 90 minutes to see what happens.  
mean.gif
I'd tell u Trife, but its WORTH the watch
laugh.gif
40 more minutes.....so damn tired though.  But I know it'll be worth it.  
Went ahead and ordered the 1300CL as a consolation prize. Feel like I got a pretty good deal too.
Yep.  Just scooped a pair of 998GGO for $75 shipped.  I feel better.  
nthat.gif

Wait, is there a wider release? I haven't read up anything saying there was and I want to refrain myself going to ebay to buy them.

the bodega shop would have been an easy cop. I logged on at 12:05, and there was still FSR availables.. Hope this guy above me is right.. Im going to call the new balance store in atlanta, and see whats up with them.  Usually new balance isnt stingy about the shoes, they make enough for those who want them...  Would be nice to get a confirm before I drop a 280 on a pair on eBay...

Check out holabirds I purchased mine for $119. Heads up they ship the shoes in a plastic bag and my box was crushed. Might want to ask them if they could double box

Yea, that's where I ordered mine too. The plastic bag thing is crazy. Shops have to know that your stuff will get crushed in shipping.

Just thought I'd share this with the NT New Balance community.

I run a site called Sneakers Creased (http://www.sneakerscreased.com) and we've teamed up with the blog Those NBs (http://thosenbs.com) to give away a $150 New Balance e-gift card to newbalance.com

Complete details on how to enter: http://thosenbs.com/wearthosenbs

wearthosenbs620x400.jpg

PM me if you have any questions!

[COLOR=#RED]Mods[/COLOR] - Since this news is relevant to NB loyalists, I thought it would be appropriate to share here. If you feel otherwise, feel free to remove the post.

Wider Hypercat release should be in 2 weeks....

Received shipping confirmation from bodega this morning :smokin

Yep.  Just scooped a pair of 998GGO for $75 shipped.  I feel better.  :nthat:

info on the deal please...been looking for the 998GGO with a good price for a while :nerd:

They were on ycmc.com last night for $79. Had a coupon code for 15% off so with shipping it came to $74 and some change.

The price went up today to $109. Same thing happened to me about 3 months ago and my order got canceled, so don't get too excited.

Damn, I've been waiting on a good deal for those 998GGOs. $75 would've been great, but $109 isn't that bad.

Back
Top Bottom