Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Any codes going about for JCrew pls? Wouldn't mind those navy/orange 996

Last edited:
998BT available for phone order at extra butter.

Last edited:
There's a code for JCrew right now but it only works for sale items. Code: EXTRA40 for 40% off

Thanks but need one that works on full price.

Yo, UK hypebeasts are the worst man, they will queue for anything I swear and buy any colab even if it was like a KFC x NB made out of chicken skin. Guess it says a lot about the kids these days, swayed easily by advertising and hype, just stay within your means, buy and rock what you like is what I'm sayin

Yo, UK hypebeasts are the worst man, they will queue for anything I swear and buy any colab even if it was like a KFC x NB made out of chicken skin. Guess it says a lot about the kids these days, swayed easily by advertising and hype, just stay within your means, buy and rock what you like is what I'm sayin

Agree with this 100% - if it's a collab kids is camping. Used to not be that way.

Lol. Pot calling kettle black me thinks.

The amount of beasting I see in this thread at the time of any notable collab release is excruciating. Page after page of posting order numbers, shipping details and other completely pointless information.

And this seems to be mainly from the the newer US based posters who have crawled out of the woodwork the last year to 18 months.

No offence intended to the knowledgable US posters by the way, I just find the above comments laughable.

My first NB's, had to break em out for St Patty's day at work.  Still can't believe J Crew sold these 998's for $42.  The quality destroys every Nike in my closet.  

Looking to buy my first pair of non 998s
Could somebody who's owned both tell me what cushioning/comfort is like on the 1300 compared to the 998?

Could somebody who's owned both tell me what cushioning/comfort is like on the 1300 compared to the 998?
I don't know what kind of description you're looking for but the cushioning on the 998's are way superior then the 1300's. The 1300's are comfy as in a plain casual sneaker... a little bit clunky on the heel as it's stiff, but nonetheless it's a comfortable sneaker. The 998's are a smooth ride in an athletic and aggressive silhouette. They're basically like more modern running shoes without all the gimmicky tech of current ones. Supportive and really premium materials on it.

Last edited:
I like the way the 998 looks and feels, better than the 1300. Which is probably why I only own 1 pair of 1300. But the 1300 is still pretty comfortable. I go same sizing on 1300 as my 998 sizing. Hope that helps.

I would say 1300 is more comfortable than 998 for wearing casually. You can barely feel them on your feet, so comfy.

Agree with this 100% - if it's a collab kids is camping. Used to not be that way.
so true seems as if its like that in the states as well. Kids tryna capitalize on the next hot sneaker. Exactly y alot of people got caught holding the bag on d aytonas and Americana its so funny to see resellers get screwed. I love it!!!!

From a person who doesn't own a single collab I'm going to play Devils advocate. From my view the collabs are jumped on because there is no restock, no waiting for a sale and if you really do like them and miss out prepare to get fleeced on eBay. I have a hard time getting GR's nowadays let alone collabs but it seems if you really want them either you put in the time get lucky on-line or pay over retail. I don't call it hype but just doing what you gotta do. Really IMHO if you pay over retail for them in the after market that creates the hype because those not interested in a NB collab will be if they know they can turn a profit.

Thanks but need one that works on full price.

psssshhh id camp for KFC x NB chicken skins for sure. Not even joking. 

Back
Top Bottom