Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Quick question the nb collectors that have super old pairs, how long do these shoes last if you take care of them ?
Still wearable 30 yrs later like og jordan 1s from the 80s ?
i dont do jordans, but i love dunks, and the soles are essentially the same, right? those are indestructible it seems.
unfortunately not the case with NBs. so many different style mid soles, but i have yet to see a model that hasnt cracked or crumbled in some form. im sure the environment and how youve cared for them helps prolong the life, but yeah i dont think you can expect them to remain strong like dunks.

i dont do jordans, but i love dunks, and the soles are essentially the same, right? those are indestructible it seems.
unfortunately not the case with NBs. so many different style mid soles, but i have yet to see a model that hasnt cracked or crumbled in some form. im sure the environment and how youve cared for them helps prolong the life, but yeah i dont think you can expect them to remain strong like dunks.

If that is the case then does NB retro certain colorways again and again like jordan and nike does ?

Really silly question, mostly opinion based, but I'm curious as to if anyone has any opinion or rationale, when lacing up your sneakers...

Are you an over/under or under/over 'lacer', when you lace them up?

Does it vary depending on model/style of sneaker? 

Personally I'm an over/under kind of guy. I do the over/under on all my sneakers except my LeBron 8 V2 lows and Nike Hypermax Tennis Ball Pack; both of which aren't New Balance so **** em :wink:  

Thoughts? 
I have to do over/under. First thing I do is re-lace with any shoe I get, 99% of them come with the first eye stay laced under over, Looks terrible!

I have to do over/under. First thing I do is re-lace with any shoe I get, 99% of them come with the first eye stay laced under over, Looks terrible!
Couldn't agree more, it's weird how much I put on lacing, but, in all reality, in my opinion, lacing can make or break the shoe. As silly as that may seem, we've all seen 'that shoe' that's dope for sure, but is laced so tight that it's a wonder the mid-panel isn't ripping from the mid-sole. Granted shoes are meant to be tied, in their defense, but it's true. 

Sorry for the bombard in posts, but work is relatively slow. 

How many NBs do you all have in your 'collection'?

What's that one New Balance that 'brought you aboard'?

you can also always count on anniversary retros. a lot of people are already looking forward to 2015 for the 1300, not the crappier quality 1300cl retros.

Couldn't agree more, it's weird how much I put on lacing, but, in all reality, in my opinion, lacing can make or break the shoe. As silly as that may seem, we've all seen 'that shoe' that's dope for sure, but is laced so tight that it's a wonder the mid-panel isn't ripping from the mid-sole. Granted shoes are meant to be tied, in their defense, but it's true. 
For sure. Aside from over/under, I HAVE to tie my shoe laces in a bow too. Having the laces just dangling or hidden doesn't look right. I agree though, a shoe can look pretty terrible choked up and tied strange and then the same shoe could look great if it's tied a certain way.

Whats your guys opinions on the new balance x saint alfred 1500?  Heard reviews saying they look terrible in person.  

Whats your guys opinions on the new balance x saint alfred 1500?  Heard reviews saying they look terrible in person.  
I think that was way overblown! I think they look great in person and the quality is Top notch! I also think StunnaMan had customized his with a red bottom which looked Fantastic!

Anybody remember the New Balances that dropped in 98, the "Made in England" pack? Was 4 different colored suede shoes. Forgot which models they were, I think the 998's, I could be wrong though. That pack had a orange suede pair, baby blue denim pair, lime green pair and a red pair all made from suede.

I feel like a fool for selling them a couple of years back, I need those again, wish I never got rid of them, one of my oldest pair of kicks I kept that I couple around the time they had released. Anyone know where I can find a pair? Especially the baby blue joints. I need those in my life, falling back from Nike for a minute and getting back onto my other brands. Thanks

It was the 576's, here's a pair I found. Anyone come across a size 10 let me know. These got sentimental value. Copped them with my first pay check from my first job and the Belly soundtrack on cassette tape... damn, that was 1998 and I remember that like it was yesterday..lol. 

For sure. Aside from over/under, I HAVE to tie my shoe laces in a bow too. Having the laces just dangling or hidden doesn't look right. I agree though, a shoe can look pretty terrible choked up and tied strange and then the same shoe could look great if it's tied a certain way.
I recently started going back and re-lacing most of my sneakers over/under. I find that it looks a lot better and for some pairs they actually fit better after lacing that way.  I used to be totally in the camp of always having them tied in a bow, but lately I have started to leave some hidden or with a short hanging lace. It really depends how the pair fits my foot.

Anybody remember the New Balances that dropped in 98, the "Made in England" pack? Was 4 different colored suede shoes. Forgot which models they were, I think the 998's, I could be wrong though. That pack had a orange suede pair, baby blue denim pair, lime green pair and a red pair all made from suede.

I feel like a fool for selling them a couple of years back, I need those again, wish I never got rid of them, one of my oldest pair of kicks I kept that I couple around the time they had released. Anyone know where I can find a pair? Especially the baby blue joints. I need those in my life, falling back from Nike for a minute and getting back onto my other brands. Thanks
im guessing you meant 576s. those colors released together, but there are other colors, like purple and teal just to name a couple, that pretty much mimic the design.
the pack you mentioned actually retro'd as an asian made a few years ago. but was pretty weak. it will be tough to find in nice condition since people mostly bought them to wear back then. but i do see them pop up every once in a while. mostly in jp.

looking for the c-notes. anyone knows of any good place to find them without paying insane prices? been looking at klekt and ebay so far, it's either 300+, not my size or trades only. any advice?

So I'm looking at a pair of us576 from the Nordstrom pack. My true size is 11 but in the 998 I can fit a 10.5 comfortably. Would a10.5 in the us576 be okay? Thanks in advance!

Fyi- I usually can go 10.5 in a lot of shoes except Kobe's and LeBron because at least to me they run true if not a bit small.

how long do you think a typical shoe lasts before it will crumble?  Are we talking about 3,5, or 10 years?

I actually remember that pack. I thought they came out in 99' but I could be wrong. I remember grabbing the lime pair from Concepts when they used to be in the back of the Tannery.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom