Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Just received my pebble blues today and all I can say is WOW! what took me so long!? Absolutely beautiful shoe. If you have been waiting I would not risk it any longer. I tempted fate too long myself. Just an example of a perfectly executed colorway on a classic silhouette.

Wow they really are being tight with these preorders :lol: dude just had me read him the whole text of the email, told me it looked like I didn't receive it in their system, and then let me place the order anyway. Just BS your way through it, it's not like they are a small mom & pop store, this is a major corporation, **** em.
Same thing happened to me. I got a legit email from J.Crew this morning, and called this evening to place my pre-order. I had to read the email to the "personal stylist", and then after taking all my info and placing me on hold, they couldn't find my name on the list. She then asked me to forward the email to her, which I did. After another brief stretch on hold, she told me they were making an exception and allowing me to place the pre-order, "although there's no guarantee my order will go through" whatever that means. They need to get their act together.

I just got off the phone with a J Crew personal stylist! Unfortunately, I couldn't smooth talk my way into a preorder, but she was very polite about the whole thing. She said that the preorder for the Independence Days went very poorly so they would reduce the scope of it this time. However, on a more interesting note, she told me that while still limited, the Concrete Jungles have a larger production number than the Independence Days, so there will be more available. I guess I have to wait for next Tuesday night to see if I can score a pair!  

I just got off the phone with a J Crew personal stylist! Unfortunately, I couldn't smooth talk my way into a preorder, but she was very polite about the whole thing. She said that the preorder for the Independence Days went very poorly so they would reduce the scope of it this time. However, on a more interesting note, she told me that while still limited, the Concrete Jungles have a larger production number than the Independence Days, so there will be more available. I guess I have to wait for next Tuesday night to see if I can score a pair!  
any idea of when these will go up on the site? i scored my independence days in store so don't have any experience. 

any idea of when these will go up on the site? i scored my independence days in store so don't have any experience. 
She wasn't sure exactly, but she said that the site will be updated "around midnight." I remember this was the case for the Indys, and I slept through it unfortunately haha

She wasn't sure exactly, but she said that the site will be updated "around midnight." I remember this was the case for the Indys, and I slept through it unfortunately haha
Cool, thanks. Do u know if it was midnight EST, CT, or PST for the Indys? 

Interesting to hear the production numbers for the concrete jungles is higher than the independence days.  We can have a glimpse of hope for most of us to have these babies come fall.  Such an incredible colorway!

Interesting to hear the production numbers for the concrete jungles is higher than the independence days.  We can have a glimpse of hope for most of us to have these babies come fall.  Such an incredible colorway!
I feel the same way, I just love the execution of all the colors together. I've already planned some outfits around it so I'm hoping I get a pair, haha

yo got a question for ya'll. can i remove the blue 'N' logo on my pebble blues? i want to have just the white logo base for a more monotone look. i know the 990s don't have a logo & logo base--just the one piece. will there be a bunch of glue under there or is it just stitched onto the logo base? can this be done or will i ruin them? 

yo got a question for ya'll. can i remove the blue 'N' logo on my pebble blues? i want to have just the white logo base for a more monotone look. i know the 990s don't have a logo & logo base--just the one piece. will there be a bunch of glue under there or is it just stitched onto the logo base? can this be done or will i ruin them? 
intrigued.  would love to see that. 

UKG:

Not a huge fan of the concrete jungle color way. Someone mentioned an ultra marine or something along those lines a while back. Any word on that from J Crew?

Did anyone else get their Pebbles in an unmarked, red box? Seemed odd but the shoes themselves are spot on, the $50 coupon still works as of this morning so if you haven't copped these yet... Do it. You won't regret it, especially for 110 and some change

just spoke to someone at nb about removing the logo from the base on the 998. she said that they started using glue in addition to the stitching about a year ago on all models. but there's no way to tell how old my pebbles are (guessing within the last year). but my 998mb from sneaker politics don't have a production date either. she said third party sellers don't get a date stamped--only stuff from nb.com or a nb store has them--even identical models. she's going to do some research regarding any special instructions j. crew gives to nb about their 998 construction and get back to me next week sometime... good news is the logo and base are stitched separately so removing the logo won't take out the base stitching too. also any glue residue should be easily removed. will keep nt'ers posted

Back
Top Bottom