Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Not sure tbh 1300s have never really appealed to me but the forest green is a colour I can definitely run with. I'm usually a TTS 10.5 but with my 992s I think I probably could've gone down to a 10, was just gonna try and get whichever one I could basically. Hope some other canadian boutiques get them.
I was right on the site when they dropped and all sizes above 9.5 were sold out in seconds. I carted but passed due to the shipping costs. Good luck with the hunt. The green is what made them appealing to me as well.

lol @Coochie Cutters sticking......
.........and everytime I see the 990's and 992's I think of nothing but Middle Aged Mommies wanting my D

Saw a dude with some on this a.m. and on GOD I was making conversation JUST so I could get a smooth transition to "whats your WIfe look like"

Stray Rats 827 raffle

Anyway....gonna enter the raffle on stray rats today for the "sewer stompers" idk why but i like that name better. It makes me think of some ninja turtles master splinter type steez.

:lol:

Real talk, that's exactly what i called those shoes when my boy told me he wanted them.

Sorry if posted. This thread moves fast as hell.

New Balance 992 “Nimbus Cloud”
Japan Release Date: May 16th, 2020

New-Balance-992-Nimbus-Cloud-Release-Info-3.jpg
New-Balance-992-Nimbus-Cloud-Release-Info-2.jpg
New-Balance-992-Nimbus-Cloud-Release-Info-1.jpg
New-Balance-992-Nimbus-Cloud-Release-Info-4.jpg

Ain't these the ones that released on the Kith site earlier this year?

991 > 992

EDIT: just received an email from saks regarding 992TN... estimated delivery the 21st of May.

I’d agree save for the fact that the 992 is MiUSA while the 991 rarely gets that treatment anymore...

Many current NB heads don’t realize that the 992 had such a short original run because fans of the 991 more often than not hated the 992...They changed the fit up between the two enough to make it seem like a new shoe and not the predecessor to the 991 that it was billed to be...The 992 could regularly be had on deep discount while the 991 had problems keeping stock in stores for the lifetime of its run...

Now if NB is willing to give a 1:1 spec 991gr that’s MiUSA, something along the lines of how they approach the 1300JP, I’d probably sell off my entire collection and just buy several pairs of those...As it stands the reissue 991 that’s currently out there is a shadow of what the original was...

Now if NB is willing to give a 1:1 spec 991gr that’s MiUSA, something along the lines of how they approach the 1300JP, I’d probably sell off my entire collection and just buy several pairs of those...As it stands the reissue 991 that’s currently out there is a shadow of what the original was...

What would you say it's missing the most from the current Flimby 991s? I don't recall ever seeing an OG pair in person, but it's one of my favourite models even in its current form, so I'm curious to see your opinion.

I’d agree save for the fact that the 992 is MiUSA while the 991 rarely gets that treatment anymore...

Many current NB heads don’t realize that the 992 had such a short original run because fans of the 991 more often than not hated the 992...They changed the fit up between the two enough to make it seem like a new shoe and not the predecessor to the 991 that it was billed to be...The 992 could regularly be had on deep discount while the 991 had problems keeping stock in stores for the lifetime of its run...

I need a history lesson, was the original run of 991 manufactured in the UK like they are now?

What are the physical differences between the OG and the pairs that are out now?

I need a history lesson, was the original run of 991 manufactured in the UK like they are now?

What are the physical differences between the OG and the pairs that are out now?

The 991‘s original run was from 2001 through 2005 and was MiUSA...2006 the 992 debuted as the big centennial model for NB...Problem was the 992 wasn’t universally loved like the 991 was...The 99x design kicked in and we got the 993 in 2008, cutting the 992’s original run to only two years...Visually the 993 is much closer in appearance to the 991 than it is the 992 and that’s because of the blowback from upset fans of the 991...The 992 was slimmer and offered far less support than the 991...The forefoot abzorb got removed and replaced with the SBS gel or whatever it was...The issue with that was that the gel bottoms out far faster than the abzorb foam...So rather than having the forgiving supportive full length cushioned fit of the 991...The 992 brought a narrow package with less long term cushioning...

Sometime around 2007-08 NB UK decided they’d bring the 991 back, not as a performance model, But rather as a lifestyle sneaker...They removed padding from the upper, thinned out the mesh, flattened out the toebox, and sourced thinner cuts of suede / leather for the upper...

Aesthetically there isn’t much difference...USA branding on the heel got replaced with ~991~ and the side panel overlays forego the ribbing texture the MiUSA models offered...

There’s been MiUSA 991 colorways released since UK took over after the original run ended...However they make use of the same build style and material usage the UK version use / used...Only difference in those is that they add on the side panel ribbing and the USA at the heel...

GR’s for comparisons...

MiUSA 991:
FF388BDC-8BE1-4A86-B643-94A60756795B.jpeg

D391E3E6-1B65-4B48-A4FF-2CFC897DF397.jpeg

E517FAE3-A6D4-4CC7-AC80-19D3E3EED11D.jpeg

MiUK 991:
6E012495-C2E5-4276-9E7A-EA24EC14E2F8.jpeg

C05AED99-6ED3-490A-8201-447EC72CC1FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom