***OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD*** (13-4) - Patriots @ Broncos - Sun 3:05PM EST - Bra

interesting press conference from BB. putting Thomas on the hot seat. let's see what 12 tells us.

not sure that i believe that BB didn't know a whole lot about the rules around balls

Last edited:
IMO what Bill said is pretty much the truth. Quarterbacks are allowed to use the game balls the week before in practice to get a feel for them. How the ball is "prepared" would be completely up to Tom. It's all preference

I think Tom's presser is going to go something like this in regards to the deflated balls:

" I gave the game balls to the referees a little under inflated, which is my preference. Ask the referees what happened with them between that time and the time we ran our first play on offense"

:lol:

Funny how Luck is taking subtle shots at Brady in some Pro Bowl interview :rofl: :rofl:

My dude throws for 126 yards in the biggest game of his life and wants to throw shots from the sidelines after the fact :smh:

Last edited:
interesting point, nooera. that makes sense. could totally see 12 saying something like after discussing with BB and the PR team. well not PR team, but whoever helps prep these guys for pressers

i do find it hard to believe that a guy so well versed in the game and subtleties of the rule book has no idea how the balls are handled pregame from a rules perspective. that part sounds off. but i feel like he is being truthful when he says he doesn't give two ***** about the balls and would never alter them. that makes sense for sure.

Last edited:
i didnt like how BB telling the world about football conditions.i know about his weather practice, but the football thing i never really paid much attention to.

i definitely agree that BB is full of **** acting like he's ignorant to the process of how the balls are provided . Been hearing/reading all week that Tom and Peyton lobbied for the rule change that allows teams to provide their own balls . I'm sure Bill is/was very informed on basically every detail of that case :lol: :lol:

That was all done in an effort to allow Qbs to doctor the footballs, and reading about some of the lengths these Qbs go to to get their balls to their liking, makes this **** seem EXTRA trivial :lol: :lol:

i heard the presser and i believe him . i dont see why he would be concerned with the intricacies of what happens between when the officials approve the balls and the start of the game

we'll see what Tom has to say . one thing is for sure though -- they wouldnt have moved his presser up from tomorrow to 4pm EST today unless he was sure of what he is going to say

Yeah its definitely gonna be interesting to see what Thomas has to say about the whole thing now that BB put the ball in his court :lol:. As some mentioned,I highly doubt BB even gives a damn about anything related to the maintenance of the footballs. It really is ridiculous how big of a deal this has become,plenty of current and former QB's say the whole thing's been overblown but I guess they need a story during pro bowl week :lol:

In other more pressing matters, Bryan Stork is finally back at practice :smokin.

Last edited:
Yeah, you have to search long and hard to find anybody talking about the actual game. At least that's been my experience. Shame :smh: Hopefully this **** dies down by Monday

Stork though :pimp:

Offensive line did a great job on Sunday. Going to be a whole other ballgame next Sunday though . Them boys better be ready :lol:

In other more pressing matters, Bryan Stork is finally back at practice :smokin.

saw this -- great news . if im not mistaken , that will mean that we havent lost a single player to injury during the playoffs going into the Super Bowl :smokin

im expecting our defense to come out with a fury in this Super Bowl . i can imagine how infuriated they must be to hear the onslaught of "cheating" accusations when they just held a Colts team to 7 points in 60 minutes

Something I was thinking about today is the return game for both teams. I don't know which team has an advantage in this department. Usually, it something that is often overlooked because you generally have some star power at the quarterback and other positions, so people tend to talk more about that then important field position/momentum changer that is punt/kick returning. Seattle had the advantage with Percy last year -- even though that x-factor probably wasn't neeeded. This year I don't think either team really stands out.

Last edited:
Jimmy Garoppolo on footballs: “I came from a small school (Eastern Illinois), we had about four or five footballs for the year. I don’t know. I’m used to using whatever. It’s one of those things you can’t put too much thought into. A football is a football. You just have to go out and throw it.”

Devin McCourty’s take: “If it doesn’t involve intercepting or stripping the ball, the defense doesn’t want to talk about it. ... Honestly, I just don’t care at all about that issue.”

Kyle Arrington on where the team goes from here: “Ignore the noise. It sounds like I’m preaching at this point, but that’s our motto. It’s what we firmly believe in. We have one job to do and hopefully we will come out on top of this one. Just let the dust settle.”

Duron Harmon on Belichick’s “no-knowledge” of the situation: “It’s the truth. Coach Belichick never lied to us, never told us anything that would make us not believe what he told us. That’s our coach. That’s our leader and that’s who we are going to follow and believe.”

Ryan Allen on moving forward: “Like I said, I have nothing else to further shed light on the ball situation. We are just focused on what we need to do this week and next week to focus on Seattle.”

Matthew Slater on being called “cheaters:” “I’m not really aware of what’s being said outside of the locker room. ... It’s unfortunate. We’d rather be celebrating our trip to the Super Bowl. But the situation is what it is.”

i love this team

i dont know about seattles return game but dont sleep on new england's. i forget what quarter it was but edelman was literally 1 broken tackle away from taking a punt to the house. he has the ability to do it. and thinking back on past superbowls i agree it is overlooked but a very important factor in the big game. one game that stands out to me is when green bay won in 97 desmond howard got mvp and pretty much won them the ring because of his returns that game.

TB press conference is gonna dead all this. I'm sure this **** is well calculated and even the NFL office probably worked with them to dead it.

To be honest this **** got overblown by non other than ES ******* PN

amendola with 2 kick returns for TD.
howainaunuini with 2 TDs too.gostkowski with a 64 yarder. ot TB with 100 yards rushing

i dont know about seattles return game but dont sleep on new england's. i forget what quarter it was but edelman was literally 1 broken tackle away from taking a punt to the house. he has the ability to do it. and thinking back on past superbowls i agree it is overlooked but a very important factor in the big game. one game that stands out to me is when green bay won in 97 desmond howard got mvp and pretty much won them the ring because of his returns that game.

There's nothing intimidating about Seattle's return game. Edelman gives N.E. a slight advantage, but he doesn't really need to be at a threat to take it to the house in my opinion. If he can set up the field position to be in N.E.'s favor, I think that could be pretty big. Especially if Seattle's offense continues to play below average -- field position could be an edge for N.E.

anyone watching it? they trying to catch him slipping 
roll.gif

Last edited:
"Some guys like old balls." :D

Dear god this whole thing is ridiculous. Let's go Pats!

Last edited by a moderator:
jerome bettis , brian dawkins , and mark brunell going in on Brady

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom