OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ehh....

If they don't get Rose this year....

Maybe they'll get Johnny Flynn next year
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

agreed but this morons got a point. I aint getting excited for %*$* at least til not after May 20th.
laugh.gif

NO!
indifferent.gif

Levance Fields? (Mills Lane) I'LL ALLOW IT (Mills Lane)

Lets say that we dont get Rose for whatever reason, would anyone be opposed to us drafting Brook Lopez and trading for a capable PG like TJ Ford (assuming hestays healthy)? i think it could work, especially because I foresee Curry and Randolph getting the boot.

Based on the Syracuse nightlife the bball team was involved in..

Jonny is better suited elsewhere....we don't need to keep tabs on him every weekend out in the Village.

Originally Posted by jimmy digital

Lets say that we dont get Rose for whatever reason, would anyone be opposed to us drafting Brook Lopez and trading for a capable PG like TJ Ford (assuming he stays healthy)? i think it could work, especially because I foresee Curry and Randolph getting the boot.

id only want that if all Rose, Beasley, and Mayo are off the board. I would be upset but if that was the case i would take lopez for a center and ill takeTJ, but once again im waiting til after may 20th to do situations.

Also, Bayless fits now...Personally I like him..just about as much as OJ...he seems to have more of a fire than Mayo does. I like it.

If Rose, Beasley, Lopez, Mayo, Bayless are all gone....Arthur or Randolph work for me.

thats the same thing I was thinking because worst case scenario, that could prolly still work out for us. We would have a good core of younger players thataren't that expensive. All the more cap space to sign James
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Based on the Syracuse nightlife the bball team was involved in..

Jonny is better suited elsewhere....we don't need to keep tabs on him every weekend out in the Village.
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa... Let's calm all that down there's no need for character defamation, Over something that I sincerely believe he hadno prior knowledge concerning the acts that went on in that specific arena. Jonny is a good STRAIGHT kid, now routins, scoop, donte` I'm not sold on them. Now let that be the end of that conversation.

[h1]DOLAN GETS IT RIGHT[/h1] [h2]OWNER LETS WALSH RUN SHOW[/h2]

[img]http://www.nypost.com/seven/05122008/photos/spo0c.jpg[/img]

HITTING RIGHT NOTE:Knicks owner James Dolan, performing with his band JD and the Straight Shot, made a wise choice by...

[img]http://www.nypost.com/img/slideshow/slideshow_controls_previous.gif[/img][img]http://www.nypost.com/img/slideshow/slideshow_controls_play.gif[/img][img]http://www.nypost.com/img/slideshow/slideshow_controls_next.gif[/img]

marcberman.jpg

May 12, 2008 -- KUDOS to Donnie Walsh for being Donnie Walsh. Kudos to James Dolan for not being James Dolan.

If you haven't noticed, Dolan has backed off dramatically in the decision-making process. The KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
owner did not fly across the country to Phoenix to accompany the team president to wine and dine MarkJackson a few weeks ago. Dolan didn't fly back to Phoenix to court Mike D'Antoni. Dolan didn't jet to Houston to sweet talk Avery Johnson.

This wasn't Donnie Dolan. It's Walsh's show now, solo, and it's why he landed the big fish, the Suns super coach Saturday morning.D'Antoni was in a vulnerable state after the Spurs rocked the Suns in the first round, his rift with Phoenix owner Robert Sarver and rookie general managerSteve Kerr reaching a breaking point.

D'Antoni, who flew into New York late last night to sign the contract today, felt he needed a change and Walsh was a sight for sore eyes. The longtime,67-year-old presidential prototype was the stable, supportive voice he needed.

"He made Mike feel his interest was genuine and unconditional and after the Suns experience, it was very appreciated," a D'Antoni confidantsaid.

"He was confortable with Donnie," another member of D'Antoni's inner circle added. "It was a gut feeling."

The Bulls' roster is much better, much more suited for the "Seven Seconds or Less" offense. But D'Antoni didn't even ask the Bulls fora counter-offer after Walsh sprang into action Saturday morning - which has infuriated Chicago GM John Paxson.

After the season ended, Sarver and Kerr met with D'Antoni and wanted him to hire a defensive assistant to replace Marc Iavoroni, who left a void in thestaff after the 2006-2007 season when he became Memphis' head coach. They wanted him to stress defense more. They wanted him to be harder on theplayers.

All Walsh wanted was D'Antoni, the guy who posted a 232-96 record in his four full seasons as the Suns head coach, the guy who led the Suns to twoWestern Conference finals.

Isiah Thomas does not get this catch. Scott Layden does not make this hire. Walsh does. And Dolan, who finally has realized he meddled too much since DaveChecketts departed in 2001, stayed out of it. The last thing D'Antoni needed to see was another owner telling him what he should and shouldn't do.

Dolan owns the team, can do what he wants. But he also is smart enough to realize his omnipresence and micromanaging weren't working. To defend Thomas,having to deal with the daily conversations with Dolan probably wasn't easy. It may have led to some of Thomas' daffy press conferences with the media,with him saying things for Dolan's benefit.

We believe D'Antoni will not have to abide by the old Dolan media policy in which he's not allowed to criticize players in the media unless he doesit to their face first. The head coach does not need to be censored.

It's a new Knicks world now. Dolan has promised commissioner David Stern he would spend what needed to be spent to turn this thing around. And Dolan mayhave been advised by Stern to offer up his money but not his basketball advice. Even Dolan admits he's more a hockey guy.

The only time Dolan got involved in this coaching search came when Walsh asked him for permission to offer D'Antoni four years, $24 million. Walshdidn't have to ask twice.

The faces of the franchise now are Walsh and D'Antoni. Let's do it.

The National Post -
The Knicks don't currently have the type of point guard that Mike D'Antoni needs to run his offense, but they could swing a deal with the Raptors to fill that void, according to The National Post.

Toronto's Jose Calderon was recently quoted as saying that he wants to be the team's starter, which could create a problem for Bryan Colangelo, who also has T.J. Ford on the roster.

If the Raptors decide to ship Ford out of town, the Knicks could make an offer involving guard Jamal Crawford.

Crawford is the kind of slashing guard that Toronto has lacked, and could help keep defenses honest in the paint and on the perimeter.
grin.gif

^ NO! that's too high of a price for Ford.

also, whats the status of Jerome James and Malik Rose? when do those contracts expire?

I don't know if this was posted

Mike D'Antoni wants to add favorite Suns, unload Stephon Marbury

One of the first plays Mike D'Antoni is expected to draw up as the Knicks' new coach is for Stephon Marbury to run up the Garden floor ... and out thedoor back to Phoenix to rejoin the Suns.

Once D'Antoni is formally named to succeed Isiah Thomas, he is expected to try to make a push for two of his favorite Suns - forward Boris Diaw and guardLeandro Barbosa, who reportedly have fallen out of favor with Suns management. According to a person close to D'Antoni, one of his first moves would be toget the Knicks to offer Marbury and his expiring $22 million contract as a central part of the deal.

"He loves Boris and Barbosa and he didn't like Marbury when he had him," said the source. "So this is the type of move that can jump-startD'Antoni's program right off the bat. He went to New York with the notion that he will have input and help alter the roster to get his kind ofplayers."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...mike_dantoni_wants_to_add_favorite_suns_.html

If the Raptors decide to ship Ford out of town, the Knicks could make an offer involving guard Jamal Crawford.

Craw would beast in that offense. Shoot open jumper after jumper, and he's one of the few on that squad that can penetrate the D.

forward Boris Diaw and guard Leandro Barbosa

chimpanzee_thinking_poster.jpg

They better not pick up Barbosa and Diaw. Don't their contracts go past 2010? Especially if they give up Marbury's expiring. They've gotta besmarter than that. End the salary cap hell.

And I'd give Jamal Crawford for TJ Ford any day. I don't get the lovefest for Crawford. I've fell severely out of love with his game. And justimagine how much worse his shot selection would be in D'Antoni's offense. Yuck.

DO NOT MESS UP THE CAP ROOM FOR LEBRON

Agreed, but i'm sure they have that in mind when contemplating these supposed deals.

The Knicks have $28 million committed in the 2010/2011 season. Add in:

...$15 million if we want to keep Lee and NateRob
...$16 million for Diaw and Barbosa (but getting Barbosa makes NateRob largely expendable)
...$7 million for future first-round picks

That's a total of $66 million. Isn't that enough room for us to give a max contract to LeBron? The math is pretty rough (other deals will surely bemade), but it seems doable.

LeBron James
David Lee
Eddy Curry (plz leave thnk u)
Zach Randolph (plz leave thnk u)
Leandro Barbosa
Boris Diaw
TJ Ford
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler
2008 First Round Pick

That's a SOLID team.

Why am I excited...

...gotta go back to work.
smile.gif

If I'm not mistaken, $66 million wouldn't leave us with enough room to give a max contract. What will the cap be in 2010?

Only person on this roster I'd be wanting to resign is Lee, and that's as long as he's not asking for more than $7 million/year. Nate can go playsomewhere else, unless he's coming back dirt cheap.

I swear to God if they trade Marbury for Barbosa and Diaw I will go to the Graden with a rifle and snipe out Walsh and D'antoni
D'antoni is a joke. There's no need for them to take on any salary in bums like Diaw and one dimensional players like Barbosa.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I swear to God if they trade Marbury for Barbosa and Diaw I will go to the Graden with a rifle and snipe out Walsh and D'antoni
D'antoni is a joke. There's no need for them to take on any salary in bums like Diaw and one dimensional players like Barbosa.

Newsflash: The Knicks already have a roster full of one dimensional bums. Come on. You guys know this. It's OK to zing your own roster.

Back
Top Bottom