OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

From ESPN.com:

"Two big deals have just gone down in the past few minutes that could change the face of the draft.

The Clippers and Sonics have agreed to swap picks as long as the Wolves take O.J. Mayo at No. 3. If Mayo isn't drafted at 3, the deal is off according totwo sources close to the information.

With the No. 4 pick, expect the Clippers to take Eric Gordon of Indiana. They've coveted him as the type of dominant scorer they've been looking for.

The Sonics will take Brook Lopez or Jerryd Bayless at No. 7. However it seems Lopez will be the guy."

Odd to hear they're trading up for Gordon...I'd be satisfied with Bayless, though I doubt the Knicks getting any "PG of the future" typeplayer, I don't think Bayless or Westbrook are that good....hopefully they prove me wrong...

Bayless will be the pg of our future with D'antoni running the helm. TheGre8, I know you hate him but once he plays 45 games for us you'll love him.Trust me the kid could lay on this level and with some good coaching like D'antoni and his brother he will excel in NY.

we about to just get shutdown with all this PG talk when they take the italian
indifferent.gif

We are not drafting the Italian. I will repeat we are NOT drafting the Italian. Trust me, he will not be on this team as our number 1 pick. Just because theItalian's dad is friends with D'antoni does not mean D'antoni is going to draft him. Enough of this Italian talk.

ROFL^^ "The Italian Chosen One"....

just when u thought the Knicks COULDNT get any worse...

nice vid tho....i havent heard that song in years, brings back memories, lol

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

We are not drafting the Italian. I will repeat we are NOT drafting the Italian. Trust me, he will not be on this team as our number 1 pick. Just because the Italian's dad is friends with D'antoni does not mean D'antoni is going to draft him. Enough of this Italian talk.

i hope you are right
eyes.gif

After watching that tape I have come to these conclusions about the Italian

He has very good fotwork
Needs to get stronger
Will get bodied on the block
He is not, and I repeat he does not look soft at all
Decent finisher and more athletic than thought
The defense in Italy is atrocious
Has a pretty good IQ
Will not be a great rebounder unless he gets stronger
Good jab step
Reads defenses well
Lacks explosiveness

On the next level he will be a solid player, probably average 15, 16, 17 points on a terrible team. The comparisons to Kukoc are pretty solid. Does this mean Iwant the Italian? Not if Westbrook, Bayless or Mayo are on the board. He is going to be a good player, but I don't see us taking him with the probabilitythat Bayless will be on the board. First time watching him up there and I was pretty impressed, he won't be a stiff or a dud.
Has to use the up and under move in the post or turn around fadeaways because of his lack of strength

Yeah, I was kinda impressed, too. First time I saw him, and he looked alright.

He'll have problems in the NBA, though. All that $@@! he was pulling off wont work in the NBA.

Some of you guys just seem unreasonably anti-european. I mean I don't think the competition over there is the best in the world, but it is very good. Thisguy is a different kind of player than your Bargnani, Tshkitosvili, soft guys, etc...

More like a Turkoglu or something. A decently athletic 3 with pretty good size, a great understanding of the game, and very polished skills. I don't thinkhe will turn into a superstar or avg. 20 ppg early in his career, but he looks like a very good player and a really good 2nd or more likely 3rd scoring optionon a good team in the NBA.

Seriously, guys like Randolph/Jordan/Alexander/Green etc... are not like surefire great players. Most of them are at least as big a question as Gallinari. Ifhe ends up being the pick he will be fine I believe, there isn't any more chance of him being a bust than any of the other guys I mentioned. I can give youPLENTY of American born players who suck and have busted and are just as soft as Euro's.

Bottom line, just because he's from Europe doesn't mean he will be trash and suck. Dude can ball. If he is the pick give him a chance.

I'm off for the night, I hope to come back to NT and to the Knicks thread to see us rejoicing that we somehow got Mayo or some ridiculous trade happenedand we're actually hopeful and optimistic.

I'm pessmistic by nature, but I hope that this draft changes me and my views of the Knicks organization.

Here's to the best my fellow Knicks fan.

I'm mad anxious about this draft. The anticipation is killing me. Ill admit I don't know a lot about some of the players we may be targeting but thesearen't the isaih days. We have a proven winner running the team and a compitent coach with a winning past. I'm gonna trust their plans

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I forgot all about that Pro-Am this summer and I was down at school today too...Nate with no strings attached....in our gym....
eek.gif
pimp.gif
K, you go to Hunter?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

these mock drafts are f'ing ridic....only legit seeming one is nbadraft.net...and they got flaws...forget about ESPN

i want Bayless now that Mayo doesnt seem to be on board for us...him or Randolph...this kid needs a strength coach...but his potential is friggin amazing...imagine a 6'10 lefty SF who is nimble...basically can be what Jared was supposed to be...

Westbrook is aight, but he's not real...but if Mike/Donnie decide to go for a defensive guard, he's the best choice...a bit high for #6 if you ask me....also...if we had a shotblocker like Dalembert in the middle, i wouldnt be so against taking DJ...but theres no help down the middle.

Yup...
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Im optimistic about this pick though.....I think we are going to be pleasntly suprised tonight.

Back
Top Bottom