OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't a big orgy

There were a couple medium sized orgies

truedetective_grossparty.gif

Lets pump the breaks a bit now...
laugh.gif

excuse my homer talk. i just feel good about the Seahawks situation now.

Why? We have damn near everyone locked up for multiple years
laugh.gif
Folks acting like because Russell got his deal, we're about to cut everyone else 
skip1.png

"i just feel good about the Seahawks situation now." Me too 
QbadP.png
Seahawks still have another 3-5 years left in this window. No idea why people think that signing Russ will change that.
Lets not pretend they'll have the freedom they have over the last 3 years once Russ is making 30x the amount that he has been....

They will have more freedom than you guys think. You got to look more at the % of cap hit and not the money per year

Lets pump the breaks a bit now...
laugh.gif

excuse my homer talk. i just feel good about the Seahawks situation now.

Why? We have damn near everyone locked up for multiple years
laugh.gif
Folks acting like because Russell got his deal, we're about to cut everyone else 
skip1.png

"i just feel good about the Seahawks situation now." Me too 
QbadP.png
Seahawks still have another 3-5 years left in this window. No idea why people think that signing Russ will change that.
Lets not pretend they'll have the freedom they have over the last 3 years once Russ is making 30x the amount that he has been....
of course not.

but let not act like this is going to severely hinder them. Some players are going to move on but the core is still intact

Salary Cap is also projected to go up and will continue to do so..cap has risen on average 10 mil a year the past couple of years

of course not.

but let not act like this is going to severely hinder them. Some players are going to move on but the core is still intact

Salary Cap is also projected to go up and will continue to do so..cap has risen on average 10 mil a year the past couple of years
The stars are signed to contracts that are going to look cheap by the time they conclude 3 years down the line, because of the cap raise.

Of course injuries and replacing depth in the draft are still concerns.

Several teams are paying their QB $20M... Its just going to more difficult for the Seahawks to keep that historic defense and depth now that Russ is making that much.  I don't care if the Cap went up... The other players looking for dough know that too and will seek contracts accordingly.

No matter how you slice it, having a QB like Russ at $650k simply doesn't happen hardly ever.  They had a huge advantage over the rest of the NFL by having one of the best QB's playing below Vet Min.

I'm not saying they're going to turn into the Jags overnight. But some Hawks fans acting like nothings changed.

Several teams are paying their QB $20M... Its just going to more difficult for the Seahawks to keep that historic defense and depth now that Russ is making that much.  I don't care if the Cap went up... The other players looking for dough know that too and will seek contracts accordingly.

No matter how you slice it, having a QB like Russ at $650k simply doesn't happen hardly ever.  They had a huge advantage over the rest of the NFL by having one of the best QB's playing below Vet Min.

I'm not saying they're going to turn into the Jags overnight. But some Hawks fans acting like nothings changed.
All the defensive stars are already signed outside of Wagner who we expect to have signed this week.  So Wilson was almost the last of the stars on the team to get a new contract, which is why it hasn't changed much.

Obviously there is less flexibility to try and bring in outside FAs but we knew that was coming anyway.  We already lost Golden Tate and Maxwell.

The Seahawks just need to draft well

Alot those guys are replaceable..only Thomas and Sherman are blue chip defenders to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom