OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pacman saying Brown was faking? :lol: I don't believe it, Burfict came in w/o slowing down and dipped his shoulder. Brown had his momentum going one way, then gets hit the other, nah, can't believe he was faking

You would think someone who NT says willed his team to 9 wins this year would've gave his team a little more than an assisted tackle in a playoff game, but hey. Learn something new every day.

JJ got one more win with Brandon Weeden than anyone on Dallas's D did

Pacman saying Brown was faking? :lol: I don't believe it, Burfict came in w/o slowing down and dipped his shoulder. Brown had his momentum going one way, then gets hit the other, nah, can't believe he was faking

If the Steelers were playing today, AB would be cleared

They had a great gameplan for him, something other teams either haven't done or didn't do well beforehand. They threw multiple guys at him, let him get upfield while the play went the other way, multiple chip blocks to keep him from gaining momentum. The play where he got hurt though, he was getting past Fisher, and his knee buckled, then Fisher landed on top of him, and punching him the back of the head. That's actually a coward move to me that you seem to be taking pride in and referring to as "getting punked"

Exactly...call me crazy but I think Clowney was missed. Teams have to at least figure out where Clowney is. WIth him out they could load up on JJ and just make sure they knew where Mercilus was.

Wouldn't have mattered either way...

Last edited:

If the Steelers were playing today, AB would be cleared

What does that have to do w/ the fact dude took a bad hit and it affected him. did he get a concussion, don't know but w/ him being their top receiver, you think they gon risk him sittin out?

Bro..did you watch the game...Watt went out when the game was 20-0 and was still trying to come back in.

He went out at 13-0. Maybe you need to watch the game again chief.

JJ got one more win with Brandon Weeden than anyone on Dallas's D did

...but mama still a fan though right?

Wasn't the argument that Giovanni was already a runner at that point, and that's why the refs didn't throw the flag?

There's a clear contradiction in the rulebook when it comes to these hits and you know it.

That's what Phil Simms said.  However, Phil Simms was wrong and knows nothing.  His runner status isn't relevant to those violations.
The ref CBS uses for in game commentary is the one that said he's considered a runner once he has control of the ball and turns up field as a runner.
I don't think it was as much an issue with helmet to helmet contact, but more the fact Shazier used the crown of his helmet.

I thought AB really got hurt. If he's out there Sunday, I'll be on the acting side. Most players miss a game or two after concussions now. They don't get cleared.

AB is cleared for Sunday, he might not have a concussion but it's no doubt that he got his bell rung from that hit.

What does that have to do w/ the fact dude took a bad hit and it affected him. did he get a concussion, don't know but w/ him being their top receiver, you think they gon risk him sittin out?

I thought AB really got hurt. If he's out there Sunday, I'll be on the acting side. Most players miss a game or two after concussions now. They don't get cleared.

He may not have been concussed but still was hurt from the huge hit. It can be an either or situation

Pacman saying AB winked at him :lol:

Steelers are so far in the Bengals heads. It's baffling, they have the better team but melt down and make it a street fight where anyone can win. Play the game and don't get hooked, Cincy should own the Steelers over the past few years.

he probably was and is concussed...but this is playoff football. if he wants to take that risk (and if the steelers are fine with it), so be it

*shrugs*

Adam Jones just said he KNOWS Antonio was faking after the play. That's a ****** up accusation unless it's true. That's foul by Antonio if he was acting. He looked concussed to me but I wasn't out there.
This ain't tennis integrity here.  People will do whatever they can to win.  Don't they have independent protocol for 'concussions' though?

Acting ain't anything new.  Defenses have used it before to slow down no huddle offenses.

He may not have been concussed but still was hurt from the huge hit. It can be an either or situation

Pacman saying AB winked at him :lol:

Steelers are so far in the Bengals heads. It's baffling, they have the better team but melt down and make it a street fight where anyone can win. Play the game and don't get hooked, Cincy should own the Steelers over the past few years.

These teams never liked each other but it's shocking to see it boil over like it has in the last month. Even with the Ravens games you could still see the mutual respect. These two teams just flat out don't like or respect each other. It's awesome :lol:

I wish RG3 the best at his next stop. He gave us one great season and after that things went down hill. Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom