OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I saw on TV yesterday was about the note he left and how "he hasn't learned anything". Hope he balls out next season wherever he lands. Even against us I hope he plays great in a losing effort.

Last edited:
Had a flashbyke this morning to another time not too long ago...

http://niketalk.com/t/640021/nfl-week-11-in-review/40_20#post_24610780

Let me handle bums of the week just this time...

The ******* Cincinnati Bengals.
- Bengals and Dalton actually showed up in primetime. That was a good game. Who woulda thought Carson would be this good in 2015.
Nah the Bungles reverted back to their ol' selves by the end of the game. Ridiculous play-calling on their last drive (ARIZONA HAS NO TIMEOUTS!! TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT YOU DUMB *****. GET THE 1st DOWN AND CONTROL THE GAME) and that laughable soft *** prevent defense letting them go right down the field for the FG. Of course the bonehead penalty too, oh man...LOL.

Just your latest example of a league wide plague of in-game management & situational awareness being embarrassingly atrocious. Might be at an all time low right now. 
sick.gif

Sorry @dmxfury, but the Bengals aren't ever gonna be **** or do **** until Marvin Lewis is out of there. Lookin' downright flustered by the end of last night's game and then flabby and sick at the press conference. His tenure has provided more than enough data to prove he is what he is. 

They almost had me believing this season, man. Possibly thought this might be different. NOPE...still the same squad of highly talented folk ran by dopes and all of 'em making moronic decisions when the pressure is on.

AND they've benefited more than any other team in the league this season on having great fortune and luck w/ injuries. Dudes better hope that continues and it doesn't balance itself out...

I'm beyond tired of people hyping the Bengals up every season after their usual early season success only to see them inevitably pull the same ****. 

Don't wanna hear **** about these dudes any more until they actually go and prove people wrong when it counts. 

/rant
I'll keep it 100. After last week's performance + Andy Dalton's postgame response to the Red Ryder BB gun comment, I'm inherently biased against the Bengals for the duration of this season. 
laugh.gif
 That bugged the **** out of me and I still ain't over it. #facts #spicyHOTtake

But it ain't like I said anything outlandish. If you want to take a bigger picture view and look at their current record...cool. I'll also take a bigger picture view and look at what how Marvin Lewis coached teams routinely trip themselves up when the spotlight is on them. Reality is even with all this "Bengals are different this year" talk, they're still in the same boat until they shut everyone up in January. 

Maybe we should be used to the same song & dance by now, but like I said earlier, I was lowkey thinking it might be different this time and they wouldn't commit stupid errors or mishandle a late game situation.

Notice how I didn't attack Andy today though. I had more of an issue with the coach and his/their in-game blunders.

1:23 left in the game, you're on THEIR 33, you have two timeouts left, they have NONE. You're already in FG range and control the rest of the game. You decide to chuck the ball 2 out of 3 times (stopping the clock + shaving only 20 seconds overall) and fail to pick up a 1st down that would've prevented or contained a final drive by Arizona. 

And then a straight up idiotic unsportsmanlike penalty that turns a FG with a higher degree of difficulty into a chip shot for the W. 

We're obviously gonna re-visit this down the line one way or another. Just keep these last 2 games in mind if the seeding and home/road doesn't go their way for the playoffs...
Followed up by
The Bengals lost on the road by FG as time expired.

Yall dudes are worst than Skip Bayless
Originally Posted by DaComeUP  
The Bengals lost on the road by FG as time expired.

Yall dudes are worst than Skip Bayless
Like actually.

If 8-2 is the same old story for the Bengals, then I'll take it. *Shrugs* One game where we didn't play well, and a 3 point loss against one of the other top teams in the league on the road. Y'all dudes are actually unbearable with the knee jerk reactions.
They just won a primetime game a few weeks back 
laugh.gif

But when you don't point to substantial team flaws, and all you say is "primetime bengals/primetime Dalton/primetime Lewis", you don't see how that screams hot take? They're 8-2.
giphy.gif

And that's why most people are focusing on the Bengals failures. Same song & dance every season yet they don't learn from it or even attempt to change their ways.

Sorry...no sympathy for those dudes.

Last edited:
Cowherd is quickly moving into Skip Bayless territory the way he dismissed that Viking fan. Talkin about QB, RPC, Total Yards, No TD's in 3.5 hours, etc.

Not acknowledging the game was swung on a missed extra point. :lol:

i found the "Yall dudes are worst than Skip Bayless" comment the most appalling. that grammar :smh:

:lol:

i can't blame bengal fans for looking at the positives and thinking this might be the year they do more than the usual one and done. but i feel like many people knew it was the same bengals team, especially with some of those primetime games. like clock work. and once dalton went down, no chance.

All I saw on TV yesterday was about the note he left and how "he hasn't learned anything". Hope he balls out next season wherever he lands. Even against us I hope he plays great in a losing effort.

what if he comes to Philly and outduels Kirk twice a year? :nerd:

Burfict put Ben out with a clean hit and made the (should have been) game ending pick. Hill lost that game. Everything else was a result of that. Refs also gifted them 15 extra yards do to Steelers coaches being out of control. Porter will be fined. If we're gonna tell the story of the Bengals be complete.

But DiPoto is building the dynasty as we type
mjcry1.png

We better make the playoffs this year.

I become an MLB fan free agent in 2021 :lol: . I had tears coming down when we beat Green Bay last year. I have never cried from a lost though.

Last edited:
caught up with thread and :lol: at some of the posts, north dakota boredoms, boise helicopters and stillin729 stillin729 pops going to town on the tool shed :rofl:

How is a 5 year old supposed to understand whats going on. :lol:

I wouldnt cry because none of my teams are ever going to be in any championship games. :smh:

I felt dead inside when Hawaii lost in the Sugar Bowl, i knew Georgia was better but just the magic of that whole season. I was also hungover from NYE so it felt even worse. :lol:

Have a reverse situation question.

You born and raised in LA. Born in 94. So you're 21-22 now depending on birthdate.

At age 5, 1999 you fell in love with the New York Giants. For whatever reason.

15-16 years later, you've won 2 Super Bowls, been thru thick and thin, good and bad. You are a lifelong NYG fan, since Kindergarten.

Then, the Rams and Chargers move into LA, your hometown.

So city fans, you expect him to now change teams? Cuz there's a home team now. Which does he choose?

couldn't care less why people root for who they root for as long as they aren't changing every few years. is it easier to build a connection with a local team? sure it is. you can go to more games. you see them on the news constantly. etc etc. does that make you more of a fan? **** no it doesn't. it's tougher to root for a team and stay committed when you're not local...so i actually give those fans more props for staying true. it's like a god damn long distance relationship. and we all know how tough those are :lol:

Last edited:
I wouldnt cry because none of my teams are ever going to be in any championship games.
mean.gif

I felt dead inside when Hawaii lost in the Sugar Bowl, i knew Georgia was better but just the magic of that whole season. I was also hungover from NYE so it felt even worse.
laugh.gif
I remember watching the news in hawaii during that and they were interviewing these cats that paid something like $5000 a person for nose bleed seats, airfare, hotels, and everything to go watch hawaii during the sugar bowl.  I would really love to see a followup interview with those guys now.  

Have a reverse situation question.

You born and raised in LA. Born in 94. So you're 21-22 now depending on birthdate.

At age 5, 1999 you fell in love with the New York Giants. For whatever reason.

15-16 years later, you've won 2 Super Bowls, been thru thick and thin, good and bad. You are a lifelong NYG fan, since Kindergarten.

Then, the Rams and Chargers move into LA, your hometown.

So city fans, you expect him to now change teams? Cuz there's a home team now. Which does he choose?
Why would they change?  Its like when you move from state to state... I grew up in Wisco but live in Colo now.  Why on earth would I ever root for the broncos?

I remember watching the news in hawaii during that and they were interviewing these cats that paid something like $5000 a person for nose bleed seats, airfare, hotels, and everything to go watch hawaii during the sugar bowl.  I would really love to see a followup interview with those guys now.  

Couple people i know went they were bummed to say the least. They only talked about partying on bourbon street, they just go quiet when asked about the game :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom