OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't care less why people root for who they root for as long as they aren't changing every few years. is it easier to build a connection with a local team? sure it is. you can go to more games. you see them on the news constantly. etc etc. does that make you more of a fan? **** no it doesn't. it's tougher to root for a team and stay committed when you're not local...so i actually give those fans more props for staying true. it's like a god damn long distance relationship. and we all know how tough those are :lol:

I was a Sonics fan until they left. I've been rooting for the Lakers ever since (I was born in LA + The Forum was my first game ever) . I don't know if i am going to change teams once they come back.

NBA :smh:

Last edited:
Burfict put Ben out with a clean hit and made the (should have been) game ending pick. Hill lost that game. Everything else was a result of that. Refs also gifted them 15 extra yards do to Steelers coaches being out of control. Porter will be fined. If we're gonna tell the story of the Bengals be complete.
The complete story of the Bengals is they don't know how to close meaningful games because they are terrible at situational football and late game management.

Again...if you read my post, when I said this...
and that laughable soft *** prevent defense letting them go right down the field for the FG. Of course the bonehead penalty too, oh man...LOL.
That was written in November after that loss to Arizona. Bengals made a nice comeback to tie it, but of course botched the end of the game.

We damn near saw the same exact **** this past weekend. Fool me once...

The Bengals know Ben is playing hurt, they know all the Steelers need is a FG to win the game.

The complete story is they allowed Ben to go 45 yards down the field on their sorry *** prevent defense while knowing his throws were limited. In the midst of that, they also allowed a 4th down completion. They also took two timeouts because they either weren't ready or kept having second thoughts.

AND THEN came the penalties.

Burfict's hit was clean. How about the knee to Ben's shoulder though?
vontaze-burfict-knees-ben-roethlisburger-after-sacking-him.gif
(which wasn't flagged...but still)

Pick whatever you want...the fumble, penalties, lack of awareness, passive defense, coaching decisions. It's all the same to me. Bengals gonna Bengal.

Love every Boston sports teams besides the Pats. Packers fan since 01 and I don't remember why. I just am

Fortunate enough to see all of my sports teams win championships before I even turned 18 :pimp:

Have a reverse situation question.

You born and raised in LA. Born in 94. So you're 21-22 now depending on birthdate.

At age 5, 1999 you fell in love with the New York Giants. For whatever reason.

15-16 years later, you've won 2 Super Bowls, been thru thick and thin, good and bad. You are a lifelong NYG fan, since Kindergarten.

Then, the Rams and Chargers move into LA, your hometown.

So city fans, you expect him to now change teams? Cuz there's a home team now. Which does he choose?

Why would they change?  Its like when you move from state to state... I grew up in Wisco but live in Colo now.  Why on earth would I ever root for the broncos?

I wouldn't expect you too.

Some, would.

caught up with thread and :lol: at some of the posts, north dakota boredoms, boise helicopters and stillin729 stillin729 pops going to town on the tool shed :rofl:

How is a 5 year old supposed to understand whats going on. :lol:

yo man

I'm not even kidding, I just watched at the window as he threw the hammer against the shed like a thousand times :lol:

Burfict put Ben out with a clean hit.

Was this on the play where he rammed his knee into Ben after the tackle?

Only saw the replay, was he flagged as well?

Why is everybody outraged except for rothlisburger. He even said during the presser that he tried to turn his body so he wouldn't land on his shoulder, but he was unable to do it.

If he really felt it was a dirty play, or that he kneed him in the shoulder, I am sure he would have had something else to say about it.

Why is everybody outraged except for rothlisburger. He even said during the presser that he tried to turn his body so he wouldn't land on his shoulder, but he was unable to do it.

If he really felt it was a dirty play, or that he kneed him in the shoulder, I am sure he would have had something else to say about it.

Didn't know me asking a question meant I was "outraged" :rofl:

Last edited:

Didn't know me asking a question meant I was "outraged" :rofl:

My bad, my sarcasm detector went off on the first sentence.... I think I'll send it in for recalibration. Just a little pent up frustration with all the other guys talking about how it was a dirty hit.

in the pics it looks he is doing it, there it doesn't look so bad

no idea what his intention was with it but he's not gonna get the benefit of the doubt from most people based off his history

I don't see the issue. Wasn't him and Ben fighting for the ball
Y'all really are trying to make him look like Suh

It wasn't the most egregious act in the world, just more of him being him. This hit on Williams the week before was worse than all of the ones from Sat

couldn't care less why people root for who they root for as long as they aren't changing every few years. is it easier to build a connection with a local team? sure it is. you can go to more games. you see them on the news constantly. etc etc. does that make you more of a fan? **** no it doesn't. it's tougher to root for a team and stay committed when you're not local...so i actually give those fans more props for staying true. it's like a god damn long distance relationship. and we all know how tough those are :lol:

Where ya at again? I always forget. I know it's not with the chumps up north :rolleyes .

My bad, my sarcasm detector went off on the first sentence.... I think I'll send it in for recalibration. Just a little pent up frustration with all the other guys talking about how it was a dirty hit.

:lol: it's all good, I only caught the 1st half of the game so I wasn't sure what happened outside of a couple replays I saw.

What are we looking for here? If we're going to dissect plays like this, there's a good chance we can find something "egregious" with just about every tackle made on the professional level on a QB.

to me it looks like the intent was there but the outcome failed

again this is looking at Burfict's prior history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom