OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargers deserve to be in san diego.

... why do they "deserve" to be there?

Their fans suck.

Stadium is a dump only second to O.Co (which is by far the first place trash stadium)...

I don't get why they deserve to be there.

where should they go then? because LA isn't the answer.

What's it matter where they go, but San Diego blows and we can stop the yearly talk of "what will the Chargers do?" "Will a team move to LA?" Talk now.

But you said deserve meaning the chargers owed the city of San Diego anything.
The same can be said about the Raiders.

That's the thing I actually like about Ross. He's put a TON back into the stadium and the team in order to put a top tier organization in place. The updates to the stadium should be finish by the start of the season... He just has no idea how to put together a FO that can put together a winning product on the field.

He is dead set at throwing an ungodly amount of money to find it though...

No offense bro but no owner in that league should get pats on the back for pouring money back into their teams, you know something they should already do. If SD's owner can't afford the Chargers he should sell instead of extortion that city for money or trying to leach off of another team to come out cheaper.

Stan Keonke may be a dirty person but he did the right thing footing the entire move.

"Something they should do..."
"He Should sell..."

Ask the people of Florida about the Marlins home.
Raiders fans.
Chargers fans.
A's fans.

Countless tax payers and fans beyond that who have to deal with poor conditions with the team, environment, or both.

Just because you should do something doesn't mean it will happen.

"Something they should do..."
"He Should sell..."

Ask the people of Florida about the Marlins home.
Raiders fans.
Chargers fans.
A's fans.

Countless tax payers and fans beyond that who have to deal with poor conditions with the team, environment, or both.

Just because you should do something doesn't mean it will happen.
The problem is that Mark Davis and the Spanos literally don't have enough money to run an NFL team with 2015 expectations.  Mark Davis is worth like $500 million, the Spanos family around 1 bill.  They can't afford to do what Kroenke did.  But if this is what's needed in 2015, maybe they do need to sell.  Better than then asking the public to foot all of these bills.  Cities are now wise to the cost and lack of profit from stadium investments.

Oakland is actually a great location for a team and there are plenty of billionaires right there who I'm sure would be interested in the opportunity.  

Paul Allen.  $17.4 billion 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Larry Ellison was rumored recently to want to buy into the Raiders. He would immediately become one of the top three richest NFL owners I believe.

It always bugs me when a team ask for the city to pay a "%" for a new stadium...like in my head that's my tax money paying for your stadium, that im going to pay tickets, parking and food to watch sports. Makes no sense. Like other people saying here, if you can't afford to pay keep up with times in terms of putting money back in your team, its time to sell.

@MikeAndMike: NERD NOTES: Since 2011, the St. Louis Cardinals have more playoff wins (32) than Rams have regular season wins (29).

Bring on that Jeff Fish extension talk though please :lol:

It always bugs me when a team ask for the city to pay a "%" for a new stadium...like in my head that's my tax money paying for your stadium, that im going to pay tickets, parking and food to watch sports. Makes no sense. Like other people saying here, if you can't afford to pay keep up with times in terms of putting money back in your team, its time to sell.

They do it because it's free money for the billionaires. The new owners of the Milwaukee Bucks just did Milwaukee dirty with their new stadium deal. We had half-season tickets of the Bucks growing up, and I was there when they were relatively good. I also saw the Bulls 70th win in Milwaukee... After reading about the proposed (and then approved) stadium deal, I really didn't care if they stayed or not. It really makes me angry that these stadiums are being financed by public money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-by-differences-between-inglewood-and-carson/

As one person who witnessed the presentations told PFT, the owners were “blow away” by Kroenke’s proposal, which was presented to ownership by Rams COO Kevin Demoff.

“Stan’s proposal was like watching Star Wars,” the source said, adding that the Carson proposal “was like watching a home movie from the ’70s.”

“Surely, you’re exaggerating,” I said to the source.

“I’m not exaggerating,” the source replied.

laugh.gif

Its not that simple. For example, here in Atlanta we are building a new stadium for the Falcons even though the Georgia Dome is only just over 20 years old. If I remember correctly the Falcons are getting about $200 million from this city to cover part of the 1.4 billion dollar cost. $200 million sounds like a lot in taxes. However what they don't tell you that tax is that tax money comes directly from hotels to help promote tourism. As a result the new stadium has already secured the Final 4, SEC Championship Game Extension, College Football National Championship, and likely a Super Bowl. The super bowl in itself is estimated to bring $500M in economic impact to Arizona this year alone. According to the GWCCA (operators of the current Dome), the SEC Football Championship Game has an estimated economic impact of more than $1 billion since 1999.

In theory the tax investment pays itself back rather quickly through jobs / tourism which benefit the City. At least that is the spin given.

Last edited:
A stadium that is used for that many events certainly has the ability to reinvest the money back into the community. But something like Paul Brown Stadium where they are very strict on outside usage and it's rarely used besides Bengals games...well that 'give back' impact isn't nearly as strong. The past few years the stadium has been used for more stuff but still not enough IMO

yeah for sure, the Linc hosts awesome concerts in the summer that sell out the house, I never understood having a stadium and not using it for more than football

Billy Joel and Taylor Swift this summer were insane and the prior year it was JT and Jay Z

Last edited:
so just listening to the radio about the whole raiders situation, i didn't know that you need to pay 500M for a relocation fee and someone asked where that money go? does anyone here have an answer? i mean can they use some of that money towards a new stadium for teams that is lacking fundings towards new stadium?

Mike Brown one of the 'no' votes. Not surprising, him and Ralph Wilson always did this to every relocation bid :lol:

so just listening to the radio about the whole raiders situation, i didn't know that you need to pay 500M for a relocation fee and someone asked where that money go? does anyone here have an answer? i mean can they use some of that money towards a new stadium for teams that is lacking fundings towards new stadium?
iKYmuh5A_400x400.jpeg

Seriously though i'm not sure exactly where the money goes. I just assume it goes to the NFL in some way to do something with it. They probably put it next to the pile of money they have from player "uniform" fines.

Last edited:
If it's like the NBA the relocation fee goes to the NFL then distributed among the other teams that didn't move. So 31 other teams just received $16 million to stay put.

What are the odds that at least one member of his seed clan makes it to the league? Gotta be somewhat high :lol:

Last edited:
According to WebMD, a vasectomy is an 99.85% effective birth control method. Only one to two women out of 1,000 will have an unplanned pregnancy in the first year after their partner has had a vasectomy, the site said.

Again there is a waiting and clean out period after the procedure. My guess is he wasn't done with that

Still though :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom