OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to WebMD, a vasectomy is an 99.85% effective birth control method. Only one to two women out of 1,000 will have an unplanned pregnancy in the first year after their partner has had a vasectomy, the site said.
this dude going need to do the following:

1) get a vasectomy (got this step down)

2) use a condom

3) make sure the chick is on birth control (the pill or the shot)

4) get the chick a diaphragm

5) pullout!

pretty sure if he uses all 5 of those together, he should have a strong chance of not having kids.. always got the morning after pill, to be safe

Last edited:
Its not that simple. For example, here in Atlanta we are building a new stadium for the Falcons even though the Georgia Dome is only just over 20 years old. If I remember correctly the Falcons are getting about $200 million from this city to cover part of the 1.4 billion dollar cost. $200 million sounds like a lot in taxes. However what they don't tell you that tax is that tax money comes directly from hotels to help promote tourism. As a result the new stadium has already secured the Final 4, SEC Championship Game Extension, College Football National Championship, and likely a Super Bowl. The super bowl in itself is estimated to bring $500M in economic impact to Arizona this year alone. According to the GWCCA (operators of the current Dome), the SEC Football Championship Game has an estimated economic impact of more than $1 billion since 1999.

In theory the tax investment pays itself back rather quickly through jobs / tourism which benefit the City. At least that is the spin given.

That spins basically been proven wrong by every recent stadium study.

Its not that simple. For example, here in Atlanta we are building a new stadium for the Falcons even though the Georgia Dome is only just over 20 years old. If I remember correctly the Falcons are getting about $200 million from this city to cover part of the 1.4 billion dollar cost. $200 million sounds like a lot in taxes. However what they don't tell you that tax is that tax money comes directly from hotels to help promote tourism. As a result the new stadium has already secured the Final 4, SEC Championship Game Extension, College Football National Championship, and likely a Super Bowl. The super bowl in itself is estimated to bring $500M in economic impact to Arizona this year alone. According to the GWCCA (operators of the current Dome), the SEC Football Championship Game has an estimated economic impact of more than $1 billion since 1999.

In theory the tax investment pays itself back rather quickly through jobs / tourism which benefit the City. At least that is the spin given.
That spins basically been proven wrong by every recent stadium study.
Although I agree that they usually blow the economic impact stuff out of proportion... I would imagine that places such as Atlanta, the Rose Bowl, Indianapolis, Jerry World, and Levi's Stadium are some of the only few stadiums where that matters.  They have regular bowl games, final fours, conference championships, neutral college football games, and other events that people will travel from other cities to see.  Places like the new stadium up in Minnesota, Houston Astro's stadium, and other places that only get used for sports and concerts have no where close to any sort of major economic impact for hotels and other things.  People travel to those stadiums from their houses, and then return back home.  

They do it because it's free money for the billionaires. The new owners of the Milwaukee Bucks just did Milwaukee dirty with their new stadium deal. We had half-season tickets of the Bucks growing up, and I was there when they were relatively good. I also saw the Bulls 70th win in Milwaukee... After reading about the proposed (and then approved) stadium deal, I really didn't care if they stayed or not. It really makes me angry that these stadiums are being financed by public money.

View media item 1867558

Fact of the matter is if you don't pay up there's another city waiting in line that will. In Milwaukee's case we more than likely never get a professional basketball team again. Ever. Kohl, Lasry, Edens could have put the entire burden on the public and dipped with the team but instead spent 250 million out of their own pocket to build the arena and did alot to keep the team here. It's kinda lame the way it works but the city of Milwaukee w/ the Bucks >>> city of Miwaukee w/o the Bucks.

Last edited:
Damn, Niners fan's swore he was going to SF.

Surprised Hue took that job man..the Browns are a team I'd avoid but many coaches have egos and they all want to be the first one to really turn around that team I guess.

@MikeSilver: Hue Jackson will become the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns. "They made me feel comfortable," he just told me.

Interesting that he wanted to stay in the division

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom