OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the media blames dalton for the losses and not marvin lewis. Lewis should've been gone for his playoff record, unless you love complacency and losing in the playoffs.

Staffords numbers must put those to shame 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
NFL coach says Washington's 'lack of respect' for RGIII 'looks personal'

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...ach-says-********-lack-respect-looks-personal

An unnamed NFL head coach told Bleacher Report the ********, and coach Jay Gruden, have a lack of respect for Robert Griffin III.

"I have never, ever, on any level, seen a head coach treat his quarterback with such a lack of respect," the coach reportedly texted to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman following the ********' preseason game against the Lions, who battered Griffin for more than a quarter before a concussion forced him out of the game early in the second quarter.

"It's easy to see that the line play was in shambles," the coach said. "That happens, especially this time of year.

"That Lions front, even without (Ndamukong) Suh, is pretty ferocious. As a coach, you see your guys getting beat, and you see your quarterback especially take that first shot, every coach I know would have taken their quarterback out of the game."

The ******** played the game without starting left tackle Trent Williams. Rookie Brandon Scherff, the fifth overall pick in the draft, did not play well. Griffin was the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 and won league rookie of the year honors that season while taking the ******** to the playoffs. But he was injured in a playoff loss to Seattle and has not been the same since.

Mike Shanahan, the coach who drafted Griffin — and gave up three first-round picks to do so — was fired following a disappointing 2013 season. Washington hired former Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden in 2014 and the relationship with Griffin was strained from the start. Whether or not Gruden wants a new quarterback or if Griffin's teammates are soured that the franchise gave up so much to get him, the anonymous coach told Freeman the relationship is probably irreparable.

"What is baffling is that I can't think of a single head coach in the NFL who would take an injury-prone quarterback, put him behind a very shaky offensive line, in a preseason game, watch him take those kinds of hits, and leave him in the game," the coach said. "It looks personal to me."

Freeman supports the coach's claim by pointing out public comments made by Gruden about Griffin, like when he pointed out "fundamental flaws" following a 27-7 loss to Tampa Bay last November.

"His footwork was below average," Gruden said then. "He took three-step drops when he should have taken five. He took a one-step drop when he should have taken three on a couple occasions and that can't happen. He stepped up when he didn't have to step up, and he stepped into pressure. He read the wrong side of the field a couple times. So, from his basic performance just critiquing Robert, it's not even close to good enough to what we expect from the quarterback position.

"First of all, Robert needs to understand he needs to worry about himself No. 1 and not everybody else."

When Griffin stated his now-infamous claim that he is the best quarterback on the team and the best in the league, the backlash was heavy. Most coaches want their players to believe they're the best at their respective positions. That rings especially true for quarterbacks, who need to feed off of confidence. There's a reason the ******** gave up a king's ransom for Griffin, who won the Heisman Trophy in 2011 while resurrecting a dormant Baylor football program.

But Gruden wasn't in Washington in 2012.

Last edited:
It's been obvious since last season to anyone with a brain that Gruden hates his guts and has tried everything in his power to undermine him since he's been in charge 
laugh.gif
. At least he still has Snyder in his corner.

Last edited:
What do yall think about Cris Carter's fall guy comment? :lol:

They doin what they do best.

I guess the media blames dalton for the losses and not marvin lewis. Lewis should've been gone for his playoff record, unless you love complacency and losing in the playoffs.

Nah, I hate Marvin far more then Dalton.

Daltons not great but he's not bad like people talk about him :lol:.

I don't think Gruden is the only one that doesn't like him. We've been hearing for years his teammates don't like him. When they're on the field his teammates look like they don't want to block for him or help him. He looks lost and alone out there.

Cris Carter's comments were correct. It's a harsh reality. These players need to be smart, shouldn't be ****** up at all but you need a fall guy.

Last edited:
I posted the article. I forgot that NT bleeps out that team's name
laugh.gif
word, I was wondering what that was 
laugh.gif

Nah, I hate Marvin far more then Dalton.

Daltons not great but he's not bad like people talk about him
laugh.gif
The bengals have all the pieces there to be a legit contender, maybe not this year but 2016 surely. The defense is improving and they showed promise last year. Offense has weapons in hill and green. however, I do think dalton needs to cut out the turnovers. But it's lewis that's holding you guys back. Didn't he get a contact extension? I feel the organization is completely ok with him doing well in the regular season but then playing horribly in the playoffs. And that's been the lewis way during his tenure. A fresh start with a new HC would be good imo. He's shown his best product in 2013 but only to lose in the wildcard.

But he won the championship and heisman the year before.....

Larry Donnell needs to be cut ASAP. Kid is the worst. Jeremy Shockey today is better than this guy.

Damn what has Donnell been doing? Last year he was looking pretty good at one point besides some bad drops

Have you watched a Bengals playoff game?
I mean damn, he's been to the playoffs every year as an NFL qb.

He's not no Arod but he's not bad.

He's a solid starting NFL QB, and I'm not talkin about these glorified backups parading as starters *cough* Hoyer *cough*.

But he won the championship and heisman the year before.....

Larry Donnell needs to be cut ASAP. Kid is the worst. Jeremy Shockey today is better than this guy.

Damn what has Donnell been doing? Last year he was looking pretty good at one point besides some bad drops

He was bad last year. Had two or three good games. He can't catch or block. He's a fumbling machine.

If I'm Marvin Lewis, I'm playing Dalton all year and then McCarron once the playoffs start.

Last edited:
word, I was wondering what that was :lol:

The bengals have all the pieces there to be a legit contender, maybe not this year but 2016 surely. The defense is improving and they showed promise last year. Offense has weapons in hill and green. however, I do think dalton needs to cut out the turnovers. But it's lewis that's holding you guys back. Didn't he get a contact extension? I feel the organization is completely ok with him doing well in the regular season but then playing horribly in the playoffs. And that's been the lewis way during his tenure. A fresh start with a new HC would be good imo. He's shown his best product in 2013 but only to lose in the wildcard.

They've had the pieces to win a championship 3 years now. The team is solid and has been. If they had RW12 instead of Dalton (and maybe a diff coach) they have a Lombardi IMO

Last edited:
Hoyer is starting for the Texans. They'll look like the Browns last year. Talent all around the team except at QB. 6-10, 7-9 season. Houston should try trading for Mett. So should NYJ and CLE :rofl:

Fans here in Houston were lighting up talk radio this morning over this. Talking about Obrien never wanted Mallett...Hoyer, always had the job :lol:

The bigger concern should be how bad is Mallett that he can't beat out Brian Hoyer? Let's be real folks, Hoyer is backup...no more...no less. The fact that he beat out Mallett makes not trading up to get Bridgewater even more glaring. Bill better hope that defense is historic this year...

He was bad last year. Had two or three good games. He can't catch or block. He's a fumbling machine.

If I'm Marvin Lewis, I'm playing Dalton all year and then McCarron once the playoffs start.

I was sold on him last year after the Skins ...but that is the skins

The season before and all the games before that one, I was screaming cut him. I couldn't believe the game he had that day, thought he finally turned the corner. He didn't, still a bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom