OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texans fans talking about NFL quarterbacks is kind of like Civic drivers talking about an M3.

Sure, they've probably looked at some pictures and read some specs, but they really have no idea what it's like behind the wheel.

Why are you in the NFL thread?

Because Colin Kaepernick has won more playoff games than the Houston Texans franchise.

What do yall think about Cris Carter's fall guy comment? :lol:

I mean he wasn't wrong. Wasn't saying anything that wasn't true

disagree. instead of telling these kids to not be a bunch of ******* idiots, he's enabling them and teaching them how not to grow up. if that's the role model for young players, it's no surprise we have people in the league like hernandez or half the niner players :lol:

Warren Sapp probably isn't the guy you want speaking to rookies about being level headed

might want to pick someone like Warrick Dunn

Last edited:
disagree. instead of telling these kids to not be a bunch of ******* idiots, he's enabling them and teaching them how not to grow up. if that's the role model for young players, it's no surprise we have people in the league like hernandez or half the niner players :lol:

What surprises me is that I would've guessed CC is strongly against this current generation that is all about being enabled and lacking responsibility. But then he makes those comments and it doesn't seem that way (shrug)

Like someone said, those are the things either thought but not said, or said privately and not publicly

half the niner players
laugh.gif
Really?

Seems like your perception of Bay Area teams has changed ever since you moved here.

You don't like it, bro?

Seems like your perception of Bay Area teams has changed ever since you moved here.

You don't like it, bro?

:lol: it was clearly hyperbole after the aldon smith and ray mcdonald fiascos

but i'm glad you asked because yes, my perception (of the fan bases) has changed since moving here. outside of the bay, everyone assumes Raider fans are a bunch of drunken ******** (black hole stereotype, i guess) while Niner fans are upstanding citizens. i've found it to be the exact opposite since moving here. every bar fight i've seen on Sundays or fights at a live game I've seen have involved Niner fans. Raider fans on the other hand, just are usually kicking it with their beer and wings, relaxing, and having a good time. so from that standpoint, my perception has changed :lol:

i think i've only met two niner fans since moving here that i'd actually want to chill and watch a game with. obviously, there's plenty good fans and plenty bad fans, but the image of raider fans being ******** is grossly overblown.

Last edited:
watching the Rugby player return punts was cool, but hes gonna make some bone head choices back there.

laugh.gif
it was clearly hyperbole after the aldon smith and ray mcdonald fiascos

but i'm glad you asked because yes, my perception (of the fan bases) has changed since moving here. outside of the bay, everyone assumes Raider fans are a bunch of drunken ******** (black hole stereotype, i guess) while Niner fans are upstanding citizens. i've found it to be the exact opposite since moving here. every bar fight i've seen on Sundays or fights at a live game I've seen have involved Niner fans. Raider fans on the other hand, just are usually kicking it with their beer and wings, relaxing, and having a good time. so from that standpoint, my perception has changed
laugh.gif

i think i've only met two niner fans since moving here that i'd actually want to chill and watch a game with. obviously, there's plenty good fans and plenty bad fans, but the image of raider fans being ******** is grossly overblown.
I've noticed a string of hyperboles so I thought I'd enquire.

Can't say I disagree with your observation regarding my fan base.  I now choose to watch games at home and not deal with the BS.

It'll be interesting to see how Oakland's fan base changes when more fans come out of the woodwork as their team gets better.  I know it happened with the Niners and it's for the worse. 

As far as Haynes making bad decision returning punts - please see who we've had recently.  He can't be any worse and will only get more comfortable with more reps. I just want to send out a huge **** YOU to Kyle Williams as he recovers from a torn achilles.  Seriously, **** you, Kyle. 

Last edited:
^ yeah makes sense. good point on how it could all change. seems to happen to any fanbase that enjoys success

Jeff Dickerson @DickersonESPN 1m
Jeremiah Ratliff is scheduled to speak to reporters after today's practice. He is on the field w/rest of his teammates.

Dave Birkett @davebirkett 1m
Caraun Reid poked his head briefly in the #Lions locker room today, had a walk in boot on his right foot

Andrew Krammer @Andrew_Krammer 2m
LB Anthony Barr did "all right" in first game action since Nov., per Zimmer. "A couple times he didn’t flash like he normally flashes." Zimmer wants to see Barr 'get into the game tempo' more, says he was missing "the extra burst that you need." #Vikings

Last edited:
Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 1m
Per @caplannfl and me: #Patriots rookie CB Darryl Roberts (7th round, Marshall) has significant wrist injury that could threaten his season.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 1m
Darryl Roberts was making a run at a roster spot as a No. 4-5 CB. Injured wrist in preseason opener against Packers on Aug. 13. Had started.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Big Ben might have about 6 TD's against the Patriots in that opening game. Antonio, Martavis, Wheaton, Heath and Leveon probably all gonna get one that game against that secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom