OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not even doubting race is a factor in Cam hate, I just thank majority of it come from him being a great QB  
laugh.gif
You're naive.
But that's just my opinion.

Couldn't tell me Vince and Leinart wasn't gonna be great. :smh:

[quote name="Maximus Meridius"][quote name="NickFolarin"]If fact the most racist states love him! He grew up in GA, played college football in FL & AL, and plays profession in SC. 

Cam won the South :lol:
What? I'm not that naive.

These same news stations that were dabbing will defend the killing of unarmed black men by the police, so miss me with that.
Fax. :lol:

He's the national 'black best friend.'

"Racist? Get outta here. I love Cam Newton! How can I be racist?"[/quote]

Somebody gets it.[/quote]

Russel Wilson is the ultimate get out of jail free card when it comes to not being racist.

not sure if #3 is directed towards me but hating a player who is on an opposing team or better yet a rival team is the EPITOME of sports.

what made baseball so great in the 2000s, more spefically the Yankees vs Red Sox rivalry was the utter disdain both organizations had for each other let alone the fan base.

and IMO it made for one of the greatest sports rivalries ever.
I was speaking in general.

Rivalries are cool in the spirit of the rivalry and the heat of the game. But if you really walk around and get heated whenever someone brings a player or team up or you HAVE to get into it in the comment section of every post about them, then you really need to take a step back an re-evaluate.

The people in the comment sections of a Patriots post with a hate rant is so corny. Just respect the greatness. Too bad if you don't like hearing about Cam or Brady or Manning all the time. They deserve to be talked about. 

People will feel how they feel.
Digging into the reasons behind everyones opinion is asking for trouble

Never really thought about it like this...hm

Race is not a factor in Cam's hate? I don't see how you can look at the majority of what people on TV say and overall comments about him and say that race has nothing to do with it.

What I've asked for (and not in a defensive way but I'm actually curious) is what are people saying? Where are these examples of unfair and bias reporting on Cam where agendas are seen (especially from this year)? All I've seen (and granted I haven't dug deep) are garbage letters to the editors and the Twitter which is a disaster in itself

I know race plays a factor with some people and their irrational dislike of Cam but I'm not seeing this nationwide slant against him. If I missing, I want to be educated on it

Last edited:
And some people really just can't stand someone else being more successful than them or their team.

Spygate pushed it to another level, but it was always there.

The media and ex-players shoving that Patriots Way nonsense down everyone's throat planted the seeds. Back when Tom Brady WAS the golden boy.

I hear you. Just not on the level it was when Deflate-gate came around.

TBH DMX, I would dig into it for you but I don't have the patience or my anger under control to read through the comments again :lol: I tried to do it for a friend when we were talking about what Burfict was getting after the Bengals loss and I made it through about 5 tweets before tossing my phone.

Last edited:
Then why do people hate Tom Brady?

i dont get how its ok for everyone to hate tom brady but if you hate Cam Newton it automatically makes you wrong or better yet a racist if youre not black?

yo what happened to hating people that werent on your team because they beat your team?

1.Cry baby.

2.Cheater.

3.Winner.

Seems pretty obvious honestly.

I hear you. Just not on the level it was when Deflate-gate came around.

TBH DMX, I would dig into it for you but I don't have the patience or my anger under control to read through the comments again :lol: I tried to do it for a friend when we were talking about what Burfict was getting after the Bengals loss and I made it through about 5 tweets before tossing my phone.

Twitter gets so disgusting after sporting events or incidents. I guess I like to think that isn't how the majority thinks but that could be me being naive and trying to have faith in something that is hopeless

Spy gate
Deflate gate
Tuck rule
post 9/11 success conspiracy
Super Model wife
Farts perfume
Pretty boy
Adam V
Whines to refs too much

Then why do people hate Tom Brady?

i dont get how its ok for everyone to hate tom brady but if you hate Cam Newton it automatically makes you wrong or better yet a racist if youre not black?

yo what happened to hating people that werent on your team because they beat your team?
1. People hate Tom Brady because

A) He's been dominating the league and won't go away for the last 15 years.
B) He's a perennial winner.
C) The scandals

2. It's not more or less okay to hate one over the other. It gets real suspect, though, when Cam is called a "thug" (white people's new subliminal N word) because he dances after touchdowns and tears down an opposing team's banner (even though it was given back to them, Cam has been an unbelievable role model, hands footballs to every kid, done make a wish, carries himself with positivity, etc) They did the same thing to Richard Sherman. A thug because he talked trash? How? That has to make every one criticizing him a thug too, by that logic, because they're trashing someone else.

3. That's childish imo. To be that salty and throw shade on someone because you lost.
 1) and because Brady is seen as cocky and elitist.

3) rivalries are a big part of what makes sports fun, along with trash talk. I agree, using that as an excuse to slander someone in a racist or hateful way is going too far, but I and every sports fan reserves the right to dislike a player because he's not on my team.

edit: just saw olympus's reply above. we're on the same page then. ignore my #3.

Last edited:
I just don't get how people can use the word "thug" for cam. Dude just likes to celebrate.

Aaron Hernandez is a thug, not Cam.

There's also a huge line between liking somebody and respecting somebody.

I don't like JJ Watt but I respect his abilities.

It's when people blur that line or straight up hate when things get stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom