OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is RG3's full quote:

"I mean, that’s the coach’s decision," he said. "As we like to say, I just work here, man. And, you know, I just want to go out there and every opportunity I get, just try to execute the plays like they need to be executed. Make a play when I have an opportunity, and let the coaches do the rest of that."

So yes, it's fair to say the media is out to get him.  Guy can't win.  

Literally the perfect media response and it gets chopped up and the haters eat it up.  Might be more in the crosshairs of the media/general NFL fanbase than I can ever remember.

It's really insane what's going on here surrounding the team. One guy (Lake Lewis) spoke out on it.

Lake Lewis Jr ‏@LakeLewis 22h22 hours ago

It's funny I just told #RG3 in locker room be careful with the "I just work here" line because some will run with that & guess what? #HTTR

Lake Lewis Jr ‏@LakeLewis 17h17 hours ago

Thanks to everyone who have always supported me. I get defensive when people attack a mans character not knowing the person. X's & O's only

Lake Lewis Jr ‏@LakeLewis 17h17 hours ago

This stuff today with #RG3 was just plain "hating" at it's best. All I can say is the team will be better when they have full support.

Lake Lewis Jr ‏@LakeLewis 16h16 hours ago

There's so many layers to what's happening here in DC media. I don't care how this is taken either. I have a list of things that are wrong!

It's getting pathetic, really. I don't mind the team/franchise/player criticism when it's warranted. However, there are folks here in the DC media who somehow make things VERY personal when dealing with players like RG3. This is what I don't get.

Is there any other team in the league who has members of their local media constantly **** on a player on a personal level like this?

What I don't understand is why Gruden was given the job when it is clear he had no intention of using RG3's skillset. He must be a great ********ter to have gotten the job. Hope he savors every loss this season because he'll never be a head coach again.

Another thing...forgot where I read it, but someone pointed out how none of Gruden's ex-players have really tried to play here in DC. However, when SM came aboard, you have a lot of guys who actually wanted to be here that he had in his other stops.

Last edited:

Pro Football Focus
‏@PFF Top 10 RB units in the NFL:
1. Seahawks
2. Eagles
3. Steelers
4. Chiefs
5. Vikings
6. Packers
7. Broncos
8. Saints
9. Dolphins
10. Bengals
So disrespectful 
mean.gif

Gio and Jeremy should be right at 6.

Is there any other team in the league who has members of their local media constantly **** on a player on a personal level like this?

Why do people even care about local media?

I refuse to listen to it.

If I want some in depth coverage about my squad I look up articles online.

Last edited:

Why do people even care about local media?

I refuse to listen to it.

If I want some in debt coverage about my squad I look up articles online.

:rofl:

But anyways...people care about local media, because this is what you hear when you're in that specific city. It's all on sports radio, in print, etc. EXTREMELY biased.

If you're a casual fan, this is what you're going off of.

What makes Seattle #1? Beast mode aaaaand??

Gimme Philly number 1. They've got everything at rb and Darren sproles for good measure.

Another thing...forgot where I read it, but someone pointed out how none of Gruden's ex-players have really tried to play here in DC. However, when SM came aboard, you have a lot of guys who actually wanted to be here that he had in his other stops.
p

That's a good point. New coaches always bring in "their guys"...

My whole thing is, what exactly is gruden trying to achieve? The grass ain't exactly greener on the other side.

What makes Seattle #1? Beast mode aaaaand??

Gimme Philly number 1. They've got everything at rb and Darren sproles for good measure.

p

That's a good point. New coaches always bring in "their guys"...

My whole thing is, what exactly is gruden trying to achieve? The grass ain't exactly greener on the other side.

I only wish this team had SM at the helm 2 years back so he could be a part of the hiring process. This is where Danny/Allen ****** up. After this year, Gruden will be owed 15 mil over the next 3 seasons. Danny is gonna have to eat that $$ if this team doesn't show a pulse.

I don't think he'll be successful anywhere. Guy looks and plays like he's had ten concussions in the last year and his knees are Brandon Roy's status. He gets smashed every other down because he's lost and doesn't know what to do. Holds the ball way too long. You can tell there's problem with teammates. The list goes on and on.

HTTR24_7: I will say there are people who don't like RG in the locker room.. There are also people who don't like Kirk, Djax, and others.

Skins insider...

The whole reason RGIII was such a high prospect was because he could throw it. He was money at Baylor, his passing numbers were absurd. But instead he was ran into the ground his rookie year. Robert can throw, but as everyone is saying, it wont work in Washington.

Last edited:
The whole reason RGIII was such a high prospect was because he could throw it. He was money at Baylor, his passing numbers were absurd. But instead he was ran into the ground his rookie year. Robert can throw, but as everyone is saying, it wont work in Washington.

Im saying, not sure what dude above was tryna say

I think RGIII could work in the CK offense. That offense runs most the zone read action of any team in the NFL and thats the style used in 2012 when RGIII had the most success.

I think the problem is Robert wants to be a drop back quarterback but he needs to get much better with anticipation throws to be a good drop back type player.

If he can't have a successful season with the Reds, maybe he can get a backup role on a team with a quarterback guru.

RG 3 just another overly hyped dude that won‘t make it. All the finger pointing didn‘t help either. Guys think their NCAA numbers translate to success in the NFL. It doesn‘t!! All this talk about being one dimensional doesn‘t work either. You can‘t rely on your legs and out run a bunch of dudes like backyard football.

He‘s gotten ahead of himself too, and the injuries definitely woke him up. He‘s beginning to realize what worked in the NCAA is not working here. He is purely frustrated, but the media and general public will continue to blame anyone but him.

Damb 

How the mighty has fallen

RG3 was that dude his rookie year, I still remember that run he took up the left sideline for like 70

Didnt he only throw 5 picks his rookie year. Im starting to feel bad for dude even though i didnt really like his cocky demeanor.

His rookie passing numbers are pretty damn impressive despite running it 120 times.

3200 yards, 65.6% 20 TD's 5 Ints 102.4 QBR

He was damn good coming into the league, blew out a knee after being run into the ground, and hasn't been given the opportunity to be the same since. That's how I see it. Super unfortunate and a bummer when things out of your control can derail a career.

Last edited:
I don't know if he will ever be good again but I HIGHLY doubt he'll ever be good in DC again

Crazy all they traded away to get him only to basically treat him like an undrafted free agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom