OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill's like any high potential project who came late to the game.

You're excited because he was further away from his ceiling than most when he came into the league. You start worrying once he plateaus.

Personally he has been better than I expected when he came in, much better.

people were comparing Tannehill to Gabbert when he was drafted as a big reach

I think people still want to believe he has peaked but I still think he will take another step

Tom Brady was still the starter didn't sit on the bench. Drew Henson was actually a good prospect and played in the NFL.

Tannehill was playing wide receiver in college, he finally won the job because of Johnson's poor play because of injury. Jerrod Johnson has never played a snap in the NFL.

Dude was struggling to beat out a non NFL prospect, I don't get how to anybody can get super excited by Tannehill.

Dude is ok at best.

Were you as good at your job seven years ago as you are now?

Do you feel as though your boss's assessment of your work performance seven years ago should still apply today?

Do you realize how idiotic you sound right now? 2008=/=2015

Last edited:
Yeah confused on the college comparisons with how Tanne is and perhaps going to be. Is there really a direct correlation (especially this far removed)? Plenty of good NFL players don't have stellar college careers (and vice versa)

Last edited:
love Tannehill, his numbers would be different if he had a decent OL his whole career..also Mike Wallace's drops didn't help him either

4400 yds 30 td's 12 int's this season :smokin

love Tannehill, his numbers would be different if he had a decent OL his whole career..also Mike Wallace's drops didn't help him either

Coming from a Jets fan too.

Respect.

Never was a fan of Tenne. Feel like he'll always be average. In that 15-20 rank. Not bad but not your star or leader.

[COLOR=#red]
You get a rep for that.[/COLOR]

Tom Brady was still the starter didn't sit on the bench. Drew Henson was actually a good prospect and played in the NFL.

Tannehill was playing wide receiver in college, he finally won the job because of Johnson's poor play because of injury. Jerrod Johnson has never played a snap in the NFL.

Dude was struggling to beat out a non NFL prospect, I don't get how to anybody can get super excited by Tannehill.

Dude is ok at best.

Do you feel as though your boss's assessment of your work performance seven years ago should still apply today?

The past doesn't totally show what somebody will do today or in the future but it helps give you some strong indicators for a players aptitude.

I'm saying based on his past, I don't think he will progress to being a true borderline elite or elite quarterback.

I don't want to hate on him but I think we are seeing his ceiling.

I think he can be ok and win some games if you built a super team around him, I don't see the Dolphins having a super team.

Last edited:

Dude is ok at best.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dude is ok at best.

The past doesn't totally show what somebody will do today or in the future but it helps give you some strong indicators for a players aptitude.

I'm saying based on his past, I don't think he will progress to being a true borderline elite or elite quarterback.

I think he can be ok and win some games if you built a super team around him, I don't see the Dolphins having a super team.

No. Your argument about the past has been proven wrong by the likes of stars like Tom Brady and Tony Romo and busts like Matt Leinart and RG3. And even if I were to concede that point, the only evidence you're drawing from is that he couldn't win the job his first two years at A&M. Why are you ignoring his last two years where he played well enough to earn a top 10 draft pick?

I graduated college with a 2.08 GPA because I didn't care and only knew I needed the piece of paper

I am a director at my job now, who knew I could improve from what I did from 2003-2007

by those accounts I should probably be wheeling around the mail cart

Last edited:

Dude is ok at best.

No. Your argument about the past has been proven wrong by the likes of stars like Tom Brady and Tony Romo and busts like Matt Leinart and RG3. And even if I were to concede that point, the only evidence you're drawing from is that he couldn't win the job his first two years at A&M. Why are you ignoring his last two years where he played well enough to earn a top 10 draft pick?

You're confusing my point.

Tom Brady is only guy who had situation even close to Tannehill's but Brady actually started and the guy he was competing against was an solid NFL prospect.

I'm saying if a players didn't show enough aptitude to beat out a non-NFL prospect in college, I wouldn't bet on him becoming great/ elite in the NFL.

Theres always outliers like Matt Cassell who have some success in the NFL, but if I'm betting on I'm not betting on Tannehill becoming a great NFL quarterback.

He's trolling, let it go. No one could possibly be that stupid.

100027 is truly having a legit convo, MF is typing for lulz. Or he's drunk. Either way.

1. I'm saying based on his past, I don't think he will progress to being a true borderline elite or elite quarterback.

2. I don't want to hate on him but I think we are seeing his ceiling.

3. I think he can be ok and win some games if you built a super team around him, I don't see the Dolphins having a super team.

[COLOR=#red]1 - He's improved greatly every year and you have No Proof in saying that. You don't know... if you did you would be the greatest GM in football or the guy who drafted Andrew Luck.

2 - Yes you do. You constantly hate on stuff, it's your thing. But, again, you have no proof of what we saw is his ceiling. The proof says the oppososite... No oline, little to no weapons, awful coaching at times but has gotten better every single year. You have no FACTS to state this. The only thing is giving your opinion and hating.

3- Of course you don't... to only have an Elite DT, DE, CB, and FS to go along with a damn good WR in Landry, good in Stills, Jordan, Jennings, Parker, and Sims with a damn good RB in Miller who has done the same as Tannehill and gotten better every single year.

Nothing you've said today holds any water. [/COLOR]

He's trolling, let it go. No one could possibly be that stupid.

100027 is truly having a legit convo, MF is typing for lulz. Or he's drunk. Either way.

[COLOR=#red]Yea I made my point and calling it.
Really looking forward to week 1.

Was a good convo while it lasted.[/COLOR]

Some of y'all are too invested in defending your teams and players.

I don't have a team I watch everybody I can and I just call it how I see it.

I have a better understanding of Tannehill from watching him in college than some others. Even now watching him he hasn't impressed me.

Some of yall Dolfans see greatness, I dont.

Last edited:
Would Tiki be in the HOF if he played another 2-3 years? He played 10 and has pretty good numbers.

Does it have to be a QB for this line of thinking or does it apply to all positions?

I apply this line of thinking mainly to quarterbacks.

Maybe if this was 20-30 years ago, a college coach may have kept his quarterback under chains because they favored a ball control offense but not now.

Last edited:
Some of y'all are too invested in defending your teams and players.

I don't have a team I watch everybody I can and I just call it how I see it.

I have a better understanding of Tannehill from watching him in college than some others. Even now watching him he hasn't impressed me.

Some of yall Dolfans see greatness, I dont.

:lol: at subtly playing the homer card.

Here's a thought, maybe we see what we see because we actually watch the games. That doesn't seem to be the case for 90% of the people who trash on Tanny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom