OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton, Tom and now Andrew have all benefited from inflated passing stats. Not like we are going back to 85 or (more significantly) 1977 :lol:

KK always trying to hook JJ
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Kudos to the young man because he rarely bites but when he does...... good times man, good times.

Peyton, Tom and now Andrew have all benefited from inflated passing stats. Not like we are going back to 85 or (more significantly) 1977 :lol:

Disagree. There's a pretty huge shift after the rules changes in the mid 2000s. There's a reason rookie QBs are setting records every year.

People desperate to squint thru the stats and make em work for their needs/feels.

Luck's fumble was on him. All him.

His 3 picks all came while being tackled and throwing to receivers that couldn't get separation. Doesn't exscuse him, but they weren't "stupid" INT's.

He's thrown 1,900 passes in 50 games.

He has 48 INT's. Multiple of those (like last night) were while being hit, tipped passes etc.

He takes the blame because he's a QB, his job is to take that blame. But me personally, I don't blame guys getting hit on their arm while throwing for a ball to not be accurate as it would be if he weren't being hit.

Call me crazy.

Luck is more Favre than he'll ever be Brady

Tom Brady had 38 interceptions and 36 fumbles his first three years in the league.
Andrew Luck had 43 interceptions and 29 fumbles his first three years in the league.

:nerd:

Guess when Luck heads to the Pats, we'll see if that actually correlates with anything, or if that's just an ESPN stat

Interceptions and fumbles are ESPN stats. #NTLogic

No, just long drawn out stats are, like the ones on Lebron, but you tried.

Last edited:
Luck is more Favre than he'll ever be Brady

Tom Brady had 38 interceptions and 36 fumbles his first three years in the league.
Andrew Luck had 43 interceptions and 29 fumbles his first three years in the league.

:nerd:

Guess when Luck heads to the Pats, we'll see if that actually correlates with anything, or if that's just an ESPN stat

Interceptions and fumbles are ESPN stats. #NTLogic

No, just long drawn out stats are, but you tried.

View media item 1679012

Disagree. There's a pretty huge shift after the rules changes in the mid 2000s. There's a reason rookie QBs are setting records every year.

My man Matt Stafford shattering records.

The theory that passing stats are inflated since the Defensive back illegal contact rule came into play has long been accepted on here. I guess not anymore

Either way, Luck is a great QB but im happy the brakes are being pumped a little bit. You need to earn it in this league before being crowned

@AdamSchefter: Bucs TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins suffered strained shoulder expected to sideline him 4-6 weeks, per source. Doctor's 2nd opinion coming.

No, just long drawn out stats are, like the ones on Lebron, but you tried.

His post was two sentences long and contained like 4 total stats in two categories :lol:

Really hope Deangelo has a role with Pitt, give Bell a break and he has been running really well. Get that two headed monster rolling :pimp:

Last edited:
My man Matt Stafford shattering records.

The theory that passing stats are inflated since the Defensive back illegal contact rule came into play has long been accepted on here. I guess not anymore

Yeah, I still accept that.  Evidence seems clear.

Turnovers are a big deal you can't just explain it away with the he throws the ball=more turnovers.

This ain't the NBA where you can explain away a high turnover rate due to high usage. In the NFL teams average around 12 possessions a game, you can't just screw off 1 or 2 of them a game. Most NFL games are decided by less than touchdown.

If a team is sending pressure, it's on the quarterback or the scheme to recongize it to either throw hot, throw the ball away or take a sack.

His own damn coach said his turnovers were bad, analysts like Steve Young and Gruden said he was sloppy. Even Andrew Luck, himself mouthed the words "my bad"

But dude is saying those interceptions were all on the receivers?!?

Nobody is saying Andrew Luck sucks but if he wants to be a legit top 3 quarterback he needs to cut that part of his game out.

ProFootballTalkVerified account
‏@ProFootballTalk
Eagles WR: Cowboys were calling out Eagles' plays from the sideline

i'm sure no action or investigation will occur, tho :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom