OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did ya hear how Jim Nantz and Phil Simms tried to give Cousins a pass last night for his pathetic play on the field
eek.gif
laugh.gif
.. "Andrew Luck had a bad game the other night, it happens to every QB in the league" ... I immediately thought of @The Collector when I heard this
roll.gif
roll.gif
Definitely peeped this, and was a little shocked that they would even think of comparing him to Luck.  Disgusting caping.

"He has over 300 yards now" as Cousins piles up garbage time stats.

Last edited:
Man cousins can't throw accurately over 10 yards... This has been obvious over these last 3 weeks... And when a defense knows that especially a defense that you play twice a year, you're just not going to have success..

The goal was to make Cousins beat them last night and he just can't... He just doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball where it needs to be...

The secondary is still trash.. Several 3rd and 6+ downs and the corners play 10 yards of the ball... Eli was just killing them short all night... Also makes it hard to get pressure when he's getting rid of the ball so fast...

I didn't think the skins would get 4 wins this year... And I still don't. :lol:

But #skins4life

Thursday Night Hot Takes:

“You talk about how Eli [Manning] steps up on the big stage; I think it’s been exactly the opposite for Kirk Cousins,” Kurt Warner said on NFL Network. “You’re waiting for him to step up and make those big plays; he had a couple opportunities in this game early on….You have to find ways to make those plays in the big moments when you’re a starter in the National Football League, and he hasn’t shown us that he can do that yet.”

“I think Kirk Cousins is a Giants fan,” Marshall Faulk then quipped.

“Kirk Cousins had a horrible game tonight,” Brian Mitchell said on Comcast SportsNet. “He had 316 yards; it means absolutely nothing. It’s after the fact. Throwing two interceptions, a lot more passes he probably shouldn’t have thrown, under-throwing guys. He has to play better. If you’re going to go with Kirk…he must step up and play better. We talk about those unscheduled plays; he doesn’t seem to know how to not make that dumb decision. Run the ball. Throw it away. Don’t try to force it in.”

Washington has wrs and te open, Cousins just get them the ball.

— Cris Carter (@criscarter80) September 25, 2015

#Washington # HTTR This is frustrating. Bring back Sonny, Billy, Doug or Joe!

— Larry Brown (@LarryBrown43) September 25, 2015

Ryan Clark: "When Jay Gruden comes out and says Kirk Cousins is our starter for the year, I was waiting for a week like this."

— Jake Russell (@_JakeRussell) September 25, 2015

A reporter even asked Coach Jay Gruden after the game if he had considered making a switch; “no, no, Kirk was fine,” Gruden said. “Like I said, we’ve got to play better around him. There’s no quarterback controversy whatsoever.” :wow:

"Cousins has now turned the ball over 29 times over his last 17 games, this despite a fine, working offensive line and a budding 6-2, 230 pound star at running back. In eight of his 17 career games he has two or more picks. Would we be stunned to see Colt McCoy next week?" - Connor Orr

Last edited:
Colt McCoy is right where he needs to be. If he makes it on the field before a healthy RG3, Gruden should just put the hood on his head on the sidelines and just be done hiding it.

Plus it's not like they traded 3 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder for Colt McCoy...:lol:

Last edited:

When was the last time a player who was in the top 5 at his position, changed positions out of the blue like this? 
Aaron Rodgers went from clipboard holder to QB after like 4 seasons.

Must be the Packer way.
GOAT Clipboard holder.

He called the offense in the game that Flynn put up 6 TD's vs the Lions. 
smokin.gif

How about Clay Matthews taking 0 snaps rushing the passer this past week?

First time in his career hes gone without a sack in the opening 2 weeks, and he's taken almost all snaps at MLB vs OLB.

When was the last time a player who was in the top 5 at his position, changed positions out of the blue like this? 
How's my guy AJ Hawk looking?

And apparently Jimmy Clausen is Cutler's backup. That's news to me
Hawk isn't on the roster anymore.  He signed with Cinci but honestly I haven't seen more than 5 snaps of Cinci football this season.

How about Clay Matthews taking 0 snaps rushing the passer this past week?

First time in his career hes gone without a sack in the opening 2 weeks, and he's taken almost all snaps at MLB vs OLB.

What's even crazier is dude is still an impact player at the mike..

That packers run d was very suspect before he made the change, once they plugged him in everything came together on D.

Very impressive transition that doesn't get enough attention imo...

Still crazy to me he turned out to be the best out of all those USC linebackers, and it wasn't even close (sorry @Jj watt )
He was great vs the Seahawks... They used him a lot at MLB last season too, but it was more of a split, right now hes almost exclusively playing inside.  Team player... Dude with 60+ career sacks just giving up that aspect of his game to improve the D.

The week 1 defense to week 2 defense was night and day... They played like soft little ******* vs the Bears then came out very physical vs Seahawks... Hopefully that will set the tone.  Can't afford any more injuries though... Boyd and Barrington already done for the year. :smh:

A injured/ shell of himself rg3 is still the best qb on the skins...seems like Gruden won't play him cuz it's personal

Last edited:
RG3 has thrown the ball 600 more times than kirk but they have the same amount of interceptions which makes kirk look bad.

What people don't realize is that RG3 was sacked 101 times and fumbled 32 times in the same time period. Cousins has been sacked 19 times and fumbled 9 times.

Neither of these dudes have proven to great.

Speaking for myself I never thought RG3 shoulda been benched for Cousins in the first place. Nobody is saying RG3 is great but he's definitely better than this fool.

This. There are definitely glaring deficiencies in Rob's game, but if he had the line protecting as well as they have for most of this year I think they would be minimized. Cousins doesn't push the ball downfield or put up a ton of points, yet he throws a TON of picks, so what exactly is his upside?

Any time he has to make an off schedule play or freelance, he's done. He can't extend plays to save his life.

The only thing I've really seen Kirk do better than RG3, is his footwork in the pocket. With the O-line being much better, I am a bit curious as to how Griffin would fare.

Speaking for myself I never thought RG3 shoulda been benched for Cousins in the first place. Nobody is saying RG3 is great but he's definitely better than this fool.

THIS! I simply can't believe RG 3 could be any worse than Kirk Cousins. At least you know RG 3 has the capability to do it, because you saw it his rookie year before the injuries. Have we ever...EVER seen any glimmer that Kirk Cousins is a starting QB in this league beside a game/series here or there?

keeping RG3 is the worst thing, I couldn't careless if they choose Cousins over him but there is no point to keep him on the roster

cut him loose and eat the money

They should have just cut him but since he's here and healthy play him. Kirks arm isn't getting any stronger folks. His weaknesses can't be coached out. RG3 can however learn to read defense better and improve on his. Jay needs to...you know.....COACH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom