OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow at this Kemoeatu brothers story 
tired.gif
 on HBO

Never heard about this at all but I remember them. Sacrificed his career to help his brother, who would have rather died than continue on dialysis 

Story

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-raven-maake-kemoeatu-gives-kidney-to-brother

Last edited:
Wow at this Kemoeatu brothers story |I  on HBO

Never heard about this at all but I remember them. Sacrificed his career to help his brother, who would have rather died than continue on dialysis 

Story

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-raven-maake-kemoeatu-gives-kidney-to-brother

Wow

Unreal stuff :frown:

what a sacrifice. kidney disease runs in my family. my mom got a kidney from someone so these stories are always appreciated :pimp:

Who saw that HBO segment on the HS coach in Arkansas who never punts, onside kicks every time and is about to implement "rugby football" (where receivers pitch the ball before being tackled) 
laugh.gif

Two NFL teams contacted him to dig more into going for it on 4th downs. Atlanta and an unknown team that swore him to secrecy 
nerd.gif

The numbers and studies done on 4th down conversion rates were interesting though

Last edited:
Vrabel and O'Brien do the most. Are most NFL coaches like them? Like I said, with Mike Smith was the opposite. Didn't seem like dude ever said a mean word about anyone 
laugh.gif

zero interest in anything fantasy related for podcasts. want actual substance :lol:

It's only more knowledge on skill position players, don't worry... :lol:

Nah, I'm not 'above' them or anything. I imagine there might be a few fantasy podcasts out there with certain hosts/co-hosts that are able to talk about the NFL, including the offensive linemen and defensive players, but then can also manage to section their thoughts to QB-RB-WR-TE? :lol: Broader audience in the fantasy football podcast business than the NFL podcast. Cream rises to the top.

Who saw that HBO segment on the HS coach in Arkansas who never punts, onside kicks every time and is about to implement "rugby football" (where receivers pitch the ball before being tackled) :lol:

Two NFL teams contacted him to dig more into going for it on 4th downs. Atlanta and an unknown team that swore him to secrecy :nerd:  

The numbers and studies done on 4th down conversion rates were interesting though

Hasn't it been known for some time now that going for it on fourth down is a good idea a lot of the time?

Yeah but its these dudes jobs.

So they likely don't want to face the scrutiny of acting like they are better than other coaches.

Last edited:
 But if there was one play that told the story of Tuesday’s practice, it was Darren McFadden’s goal line touchdown against the Rams. Why was it so important? Because the Cowboys’ first-team offense lined up against St. Louis linebacker James Laurinaitis – and no one else. Right before the ball was snapped, the first of several fights broke out on the opposite field, and 10 of 11 Rams defenders raced off to join the fray. With only Laurinaitis to man the defense, McFadden walked in for an easy touchdown.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...ecap-constant-fights-end-joint-practice-early

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Even with #Bills RB LeSean McCoy’s hamstring injury, Shady will be ready by the 1st game of the regular season, source said. Post MRI

I still kinda don't trust it with McCoy. The two worst lingering injuries I had in high school and college were hamstring strains/tears and turf toe....McCoy has had both of those back to back now. Sketchy....

He's in for a long season in Buffalo IMO

Only injury I ever had was a separated shoulder from a cheap shot in practice, one of the most damn painful experiences especially when it popped back into place

Last edited:
Knew the w/o roids pic of Cushing was gonna get posted :rofl: college football boards were on fire back when that pic first dropped

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom