OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the connection thing if you are from a major city, I can't ever imagine being a fan of a non Philly team just because it's all around you and it's real

the day the Eagles win a Super Bowl, god willing, this place will be insane

hell the Phillies parade in 2008 was crazy, workplaces closed down to send their employees to the parade

If my hometown VA beach had professional teams no doubt would I be rooting for them. I just so happened to be a chubby pop warner football player in grade school aspiring to be the next bettis. Sometimes you fall in love with a player and eventually start rooting for the team. 

I don't see a problem at all with someone from Seattle rooting for OKC. If you're a lifetime Sonics fan why would you start being a fan of the Blazers (or whoever else)?
You'd be supporting the owner who moved (stole) the team and changed the name.

Affects me, how?

Cubs could move to Denver tomorrow, so?

Dolphins in LA, K?

I could care less where they play. They're my squads. For better or for (usually) worse.

I get the connection thing if you are from a major city, I can't ever imagine being a fan of a non Philly team just because it's all around you and it's real

the day the Eagles win a Super Bowl, god willing, this place will be insane

hell the Phillies parade in 2008 was crazy, workplaces closed down to send their employees to the parade

Giants parades were amazing and the buzz of the Bay Area when Warriors went on their title run last year amazing.

Last edited:
If you didn't grow up with rooting for the team in your area you wouldn't understand.

There's a lot of truth in this. I take pride in my hometown. Growing up you learn to respectfully hate the rivals and at times something that's shared between family and friends.

Last edited:
Damn I just skipped 4 pages and you guys are still on this pointless *** argument

I live in North Carolina and my favorite teams are the Bucs, Sixers, Mariners, Anaheim Ducks and UK basketball...who the hell cares whether or not their team moves to a different place

Last edited:
I get it. You guys are mindless.

You're tryna tell people in Maine who they can root for. Or North Dakota. South Dakota. Wyoming. Alaska. Hawaii. Iowa. Idaho. Kentucky.

They have no pro teams to root for.

If you live in Palm Springs, Clippers or Lakers? Dodgers or Angels?

If you live in Modesto, A's, Giants, Dodgers, or Angels?

If you move at 12, what then?
If you move again, then what?
If you move yet again, what?

I get it just fine. Sheep follow other sheep. You all aren't smart enough to make your own decisions. Follow who your neighbors follow, in the name of "civic pride". :lol:

Last edited:
I don't give a **** about that. I'm talking about people who live in the area of the teams. We don't agree with you so we must wrong. FOH

I get it. You guys are mindless.

You're tryna tell people in Maine who they can root for. Or North Dakota. South Dakota. Wyoming. Alaska. Hawaii. Iowa. Idaho. Kentucky.

They have no problem teams to root for.

If you live in Palm Springs, Clippers or Lakers? Dodgers or Angels?

If you live in Modesto, A's, Giants, Dodgers, or Angels?

If you move at 12, what then?
If you move again, then what?
If you move yet again, what?

I get it just fine. Sheep follow other sheep. You all aren't smart enough to make your own decisions. Follow who your neighbors follow, in the name of "civic pride". :lol:

I think you missed the "major city" part

Oh. So there's different rules for who lives where. Makes perfect sense. :lol:

so if you grew up in Chicago and your pops is watching Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls, Bears games in your youth...

you aren't gonna be more inclined to have a connection with those teams than some dude growing up in North Dakota?

Oh. So there's different rules for who lives where. Makes perfect sense. :lol:

so if you grew up in Chicago and your pops is watching Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls, Bears games in your youth...

you aren't gonna be more inclined to have a connection with those teams than some dude growing up in North Dakota?

Do I strike you as someone sentimental about a city or where my address is?

I've never been East of Arizona. 3 of my 4 teams are well outside that.

I made up my own mind as a child.

And didn't go Cowboys, Bulls, Yankees either.

There's a certain pride of rooting for teams in your area.

When you root for a bunch of different teams from different areas you aren't related to,normally you are a front runner.

Do I strike you as someone sentimental about a city or where my address is?

I've never been East of Arizona. 3 of my 4 teams are well outside that.

I made up my own mind as a child.

And didn't go Cowboys, Bulls, Yankees either.

no you remind me of Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa actually

that is a compliment BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom