OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Damn, Stamko's had himself a pretty nice rookie season. At least Isle's fans will have something to look forward to
laugh.gif
, assuming they don't finda way to @%++ this up.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I'm praying that the Islanders don't get the 1st overall pick... If they get Tavares, I have to watch him rip up the Rangers for the next 20 years.

You think he's THAT good?
He's improved A TON. Before he wasn't as good as he was now, he definitely wasn't going to be a force in the NHL. He's grown and put on more weight/muslce. IMO he's a lock to go #1 and the Islanders would be STUPID to not take him. IF a deal does get thrown at the Isles, it better be a damn good one.

Man, I've never got to see him play, just a bunch of highlights. Do you think he's better than or on the same level as Stamko's?
Jt is SO MUCH better than Stammer.....and knowing both of them I'm not being bias either.

Originally Posted by GingersAintBad

^ what are they going to say Burke is going to destroy it? I know he wants to keep Schenn and rebuild Toronto, but at the end of the day its a business and if he can somehow get the the #1 pick I wouldn't be surprised if he deals Schenn away.
I think he can get the #1 without having to deal away Schenn. Really not sure how he is going to do it though, I have a feeling we WON'T getthe #1, but we WILL be moving up and will get to pick 1-4 instead of keeping our #7 pick.

^my fiancee wont watch a game on tv unless its a shootout lol. She doesnt mind if I am watching though. She does love going to games so thats crucial for me.

y'all plan on dvr'ing and praying no one updates you...or just gonna deal with having to watch the highlights? i hate when i have to dvr...some dbalways ruins it for me with a text or something.

gingers...good deal...pretty much all you can ask for.

i hate the Pens matchup... for some reason i just hate facing Philly in the playoffs, even though we smoked them last year.

True to his word, it didn't take Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke long to reach out to both the New York Islanders and Tampa Bay Lightning to express his interest in trading up in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Sources say Burke has made contact with both clubs, formally acknowledging Toronto's keen interest in acquiring either the first or second pick in an effort to land London Knights forward John Tavares, who is heavily projected to go first overall.

Tuesday night's NHL Draft Lottery determined the Islanders claim ownership of the coveted first pick with Tampa Bay, Colorado, Atlanta, Los Angeles and Phoenix rounding out the top five selections.

If Burke intends on being as aggressive as he declared he would be during Tuesday's end of the season media conference in Toronto, sources say the Leafs' bombastic boss may have to orchestrate one or two side deals in order to build a package either New York or Tampa Bay would consider worthy.

Speculation suggests rookie defenceman Luke Schenn will have to be included in the discussions, which may ultimately deter Toronto from making a deal.

"Creating a hole while filling another doesn't make a lot of sense," said a source close to the Leafs.

The only thing certain is Burke stirred things up with his "in your face" approach on Tuesday, but the veteran manager knows actions speak louder than words, which is why immediate contact with at least the top two teams in the draft was made.

If Toronto is stupid enough to give up Schenn & the #7 to the Isles for that #1, then NY should hop on that instantly. Good luck to JT playing under thatintense scrutiny in Toronto (if this deal goes through)....Tavares (for development purposes) would almost be better off playing in Long Island. There is goingto be intense pressure to contribute right away if he is in Toronto, and people will become restless and not too patient with the process. Can you imagine ifhe lands in Toronto and he has a 35-40 point season? Whoa....

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

y'all plan on dvr'ing and praying no one updates you...or just gonna deal with having to watch the highlights?
I'm gonna DVR it but I know someone is gonna tell me the score on the bench... it happens every time...
laugh.gif

for the first two rounds lets jsut keep everything in one thread... for the conference finals we can make separate threads...

You can do it if you want but how many Canucks fans are there on NT?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If Toronto is stupid enough to give up Schenn & the #7 to the Isles for that #1, then NY should hop on that instantly. Good luck to JT playing under that intense scrutiny in Toronto (if this deal goes through)....Tavares (for development purposes) would almost be better off playing in Long Island. There is going to be intense pressure to contribute right away if he is in Toronto, and people will become restless and not too patient with the process. Can you imagine if he lands in Toronto and he has a 35-40 point season? Whoa....
Agree 100%..............I've said it over and over before, it is VERY tough for a young player coming into the league to play here in Toronto.Not to say it's impossible or whatever, but a guy as highly touted as JT to come to TORONTO and not succeed? It's a wrap........we'll see though, Idoubt Burke is dumb enough to give our #7 pick and Schenn just for JT. We need to sign those elite players via free agency and build depth through the draftIMO.

Back
Top Bottom