OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFFS THREAD...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Should've been a penalty, but I don't know about a suspension... maybe it's because I never see you in many threads about your own team J's, but i used to think you were a much more level-headed, even-steven fan.. you're sounding a little fanboyish in these Caps threads anymore
laugh.gif

Not that you shouldn't if they're your team.. i just always held you in a different regard than some others here. You always seemed more objective, but I'm seeing you got a little team colors running through you here might be slanting your views a bit.
How is what i said about Kunitz fanboyish? It was bad enough that there is chatter around the league about a possible suspension. It was a blatant head shot, and that is something that Colin Campbell was adamant about cracking down on. If you go back to the game thread(before i saw the replay) I said that I wasn't too sure about a suspension. After watching it this morning, there isn't a doubt in my mind that he should get a game. It's no different than what Milan Lucic did to Mike Komisarek. I rep the Caps...I've been a fan for a LONG time....I give credit where credit is due...I'll even defend Malkin and his play...however, there isn't an athlete in the sporting world that I despise more than Sidney Crosby. He's a dirty, whiny, loser. Talented, yes....but I hate the #*@$ that he does away from the puck. The media has force-fed him to everyone who follows the NHL, but if you are a real fan, you would know the most marketable, charismatic, and BEST player in the league resides in Washington, D.C.
Q.F.T.

/thread

^

/thread?

Really?

Well, there you have it, boys. Ovechkin is the most marketable player in the league. Let's wrap thsi thread up. Nothing left to see here.

eyes.gif

for what it's worth, I just read that Kunitz will be fined...
smh.gif
nerd.gif

Pittsburgh forward Chris Kunitz has been fined the maximum amount under the collective bargaining agreement, $2,500, for cross-checking Washington netminder Simeon Varlamov late in Game 2 on Monday night, ESPN.com has learned.

The fine comes in spite of calls from Washington star Alex Ovechkin for Kunitz to be suspended.

Reporters in Arlington -- where the Capitals practiced before traveling to Pittsburgh Tuesday afternoon -- heard an angry Ovechkin complain that the hit was a "cheap shot" and that Kunitz should be suspended.

"I think it's dirty and I think the league has to do something about it," Ovechkin was quoted as saying on the Washington Post Web site.

Washington head coach Bruce Boudreau said after the Capitals' 4-3 victory that Kunitz deliberately cross-checked his rookie netminder and called the hit "vicious".

Pittsburgh Penguins' coach Dan Bylsma said Tuesday he didn't think concerns over the play were justified.

"He was going to the net, trying to create a loose puck and trying to jam home a rebound," Bylsma said. "He had no intention of doing anything but that and trying to get back in the game. For me, it was a battle, he was in there tight, was making contact with the goalie -- I don't think there was intention to do anything other than create a loose puck."

Link

I know you have to defend your guys, but Bylsma can't honestly believe what he said.
smh.gif

I honestly don't see any difference in the intent from Lucic vs. the Habs and what Kunitz did.... $2500 is a joke....

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

I've been hearing rumors about Flyers' GM Paul Holmgren asking a player to waive a NTC... possibly Daniel Briere.

hope it's true
pimp.gif

Trade him and get rid of Jones. Sign Jbo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The media has force-fed him to everyone who follows the NHL, but if you are a real fan, you would know the most marketable, charismatic, and BEST player in the league resides in Washington, D.C.

And that is held against Crosby for no reason. He is not the one that puts himself in the media all the time and on NHL billboards, commercials, RBKcommercials, etc. He is an incredible player, yet since he may be overshadowed by one, possibly two players, people act like he sucks. Still a top threeplayer in the league. Honestly, the more he is "disliked", the more I kinda like him. Well that is if the Pens win some games in these playoffs,though nothing that the Kid is doing wrong. Rest of the team needs to pull their heads of out their..."butts".

Did we get a Ron Hextall reference? NICE. Isn't he the all time leader in points for a goalie? So tough

Originally Posted by dmxfury

The media has force-fed him to everyone who follows the NHL, but if you are a real fan, you would know the most marketable, charismatic, and BEST player in the league resides in Washington, D.C.

And that is held against Crosby for no reason. He is not the one that puts himself in the media all the time and on NHL billboards, commercials, RBK commercials, etc. He is an incredible player, yet since he may be overshadowed by one, possibly two players, people act like he sucks. Still a top three player in the league. Honestly, the more he is "disliked", the more I kinda like him. Well that is if the Pens win some games in these playoffs, though nothing that the Kid is doing wrong. Rest of the team needs to pull their heads of out their..."butts".
QFT

/niketalk

Originally Posted by disasterpiece

...Byfuglien is a clown....
Yup........I realize trash talking is apart of the game, but you don't trash talk in the face of the goalie right after a goal was scored. Tomake it even worse, you don't do it to one of the best goalies and one of the most classy guys in Luongo. All this stuff Byfuglien is doing is just makingLuongo play even better and be on top of his game.

Kunitz should definitely be suspended....a $2,500 fine is a start, but definitely deserved more.
ohwell.gif

Holmstrom is a POS. Wisniewski blocks a shot with his head and 5 seconds later Holmstrom elbows him in the head.

No matter though we got the lead. Now we just need to finish this game strong.

There is NOTHING better than playoff hockey. I'm convinced of it more and more every year.

ATFK, I think they could get a little more than Halak/Vokoun.

oh man...what a tough break

laugh.gif
@ dude trying to push the puck back under hiller after it was already in the net...like the net cam wouldnt pick that up

Back
Top Bottom