Official Nike Air Griffey Max 1 Thread

word on these popping up on NDC
nerd.gif
They'll probably drop randomly at some point.

I'm with everyone else on the comfort level on these. Had the freshwaters and the Reds pairs last to,e they dropped and sold both pairs due to comfort. I may go .5 size up this time and try to slide a different insole in them.

I'm with everyone else on the comfort level on these. Had the freshwaters and the Reds pairs last to,e they dropped and sold both pairs due to comfort. I may go .5 size up
this time and try to slide a different insole in them.

Do that believe me I went half up n they feel ok

Got pairs in for the wife and I today. The GS version doesn't have Red lining around the heel swoosh, it's emerald like the past release. And the Tongue tab is Black/Red instead of White/Red on my pairs. Wonder why they went with those slight differences.

Got pairs in for the wife and I today. The GS version doesn't have Red lining around the heel swoosh, it's emerald like the past release. And the Tongue tab is Black/Red instead of White/Red on my pairs. Wonder why they went with those slight differences.

Hows the comfort?

Thought I was the only one who had these hurt their feet. It's why I don't wear them a lot.

:lol: how can shoes so good looking be so uncomfortable. My freshwaters used to destroy my feet.

Thought I was the only one who had these hurt their feet. It's why I don't wear them a lot.

looks are all these have going for them. the og's are nothing like these, they are super comfy, but nike really butchered these badly with those small air units. those bubbles have zero cushioning and the midsoles are extremely inflexible. whatever material they made those out of is horrible, the originals were solid white soft poly, they never chipped or anything. I feel truly sorry for the kids that got these and thought they were just like the og's, when nothing could be farther from the truth.

these retros are little better than fake quality, and even the fakes have bigger air bubbles. in what universe did nike think it was acceptable to make stuff this badly and dare sell it? it just demonstrates they don't care anymore and its just a money grab. I don't get excited for any retro now, cause I know it will never be like the og, and that was supposed to be the whole point. its a crying shame too. :smh:

We buy them now knowing they're nothing like the OG's. I wouldn't totally blame the comfort on the air units. The insoles play a big part as well. The air units have been smaller than the OG versions for many retros for a better part of a decade now. I've come to accept that fact.

We buy them now knowing they're nothing like the OG's. I wouldn't totally blame the comfort on the air units. The insoles play a big part as well. The air units have been smaller than the OG versions for many retros for a better part of a decade now. I've come to accept that fact.

I blame the comfort on the whole midsole construction, not just the air units. I tried og insoles in the retros I had, it made no real difference. its just very poor craftsmanship proving that they just don't care, even a little bit, and we are the ones that suffer for it (literally, ouch).

I don't expect them to change it, my hopes for a true og quality retro died with these years ago. :x

my freshwaters arent bricks by any means, they are more comfy than most of my jordan 1s and people complaining about comfort why dont you try and put an extra midsole on them? i do that for my super uncomfortable shoes and it works like magic

I blame the comfort on the whole midsole construction, not just the air units. I tried og insoles in the retros I had, it made no real difference. its just very poor craftsmanship proving that they just don't care, even a little bit, and we are the ones that suffer for it (literally, ouch).

I don't expect them to change it, my hopes for a true og quality retro died with these years ago.
sick.gif
you're right, it is the midsole. But that's the trade off the new materials have now. Polyurethane that crumbles vs. the new material (the name escapes me right now) which makes the shoe less prone to crumbling but increases paint cracking but also makes the shoe last longer over time. I prefer a softer midsole.

you're right, it is the midsole. But that's the trade off the new materials have now. Polyurethane that crumbles vs. the new material (the name escapes me right now) which makes the shoe less prone to crumbling but increases paint cracking but also makes the shoe last longer over time. I prefer a softer midsole.

not much of a trade off if they are so bad we hardly wear them hehe. I don't know the material either, but I doubt it will last as long or longer than the lifespan of the originals. im just sad that this is what we get that's all.

Back
Top Bottom