OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jca998

I'm glad that all of the proceeds go to Michael J. Fox's Foundation.

But...

I'm actually quite disappointed in Tinker Hatfield. As a fellow Architect/Engineer...he has had plenty of time to design, redesign and perfect the power lacing system.

Its been done by amateurs with little to no budgets and he has all of Nike's money and resources at his disposal.
It's not like he's been working hard on any new releases for Jordan Brand, they've been releasing the same garbage retro crap for years.

All in all, great for charity.

Preach! 
Tinker is a scumbag, yeah he designed some shoes in the late 80s and early 90s but thats where the road ended for dude. 

He should retire for good.  

But...

I'm actually quite disappointed in Tinker Hatfield. As a fellow Architect/Engineer...he has had plenty of time to design, redesign and perfect the power lacing system.

Its been done by amateurs with little to no budgets and he has all of Nike's money and resources at his disposal.
It's not like he's been working hard on any new releases for Jordan Brand, they've been releasing the same garbage retro crap for years.

Preach! 
Tinker is a scumbag, yeah he designed some shoes in the late 80s and early 90s but thats where the road ended for dude. 

Originally Posted by Ace3han

To everyone who wants to know if this can be tax deductible then here is the IRS stance on charity auctions:

Donors who purchase items at a charity auction may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for an item over its fair market value.  The donor must be able to show, however, that he or she knew that the value of the item was less than the amount paid.  For example, a charity may publish a catalog, given to each person who attends an auction, providing a good faith estimate of items that will be available for bidding.  Assuming the donor has no reason to doubt the accuracy of the published estimate, if he or she pays more than the published value, the difference between the amount paid and the published value may constitute a charitable contribution deduction.

Here is the link to the page at IRS.Gov
http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=123204,00.html
so unless Nike comes out and says the shoes are worth $500, you will not be able to claim all of it as donation?

Originally Posted by Ace3han

To everyone who wants to know if this can be tax deductible then here is the IRS stance on charity auctions:

Donors who purchase items at a charity auction may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for an item over its fair market value.  The donor must be able to show, however, that he or she knew that the value of the item was less than the amount paid.  For example, a charity may publish a catalog, given to each person who attends an auction, providing a good faith estimate of items that will be available for bidding.  Assuming the donor has no reason to doubt the accuracy of the published estimate, if he or she pays more than the published value, the difference between the amount paid and the published value may constitute a charitable contribution deduction.

Here is the link to the page at IRS.Gov
http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=123204,00.html
so unless Nike comes out and says the shoes are worth $500, you will not be able to claim all of it as donation?

As a collector the auctions piss me off... But the reason for the auctions is for a good cause so I ain't even mad at that. Michael J Fox is one of my fav actors and it's sad to see dude like that.

But what if Nike is just testing the waters with this release and ends up selling all their limited edtions and exclusives via auction... As collectors were screwed, cuz bidding on HYPE on ebay always gets ugly.
sick.gif

It's like when something gets SUPER HYPED like this release people start to lose their senses and value of money... I know a bunch of you cats is tempted to bid $6K on a pair knowing damn well you don't have any way to pay for them. I almost keyed in $10,000 last night before my girl took the keyboard from me and dragged me into bed.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

Did Nike offer an estimated value for them?

I don't believe so. However the starting bid on the one auctioned off at the live event was $10k.  

Originally Posted by MortalMonkey

Did Nike offer an estimated value for them?

I don't believe so. However the starting bid on the one auctioned off at the live event was $10k.  

As a collector the auctions piss me off... But the reason for the auctions is for a good cause so I ain't even mad at that. Michael J Fox is one of my fav actors and it's sad to see dude like that.

But what if Nike is just testing the waters with this release and ends up selling all their limited edtions and exclusives via auction... As collectors were screwed, cuz bidding on HYPE on ebay always gets ugly.
sick.gif

It's like when something gets SUPER HYPED like this release people start to lose their senses and value of money... I know a bunch of you cats is tempted to bid $6K on a pair knowing damn well you don't have any way to pay for them. I almost keyed in $10,000 last night before my girl took the keyboard from me and dragged me into bed.
roll.gif

I'd wear them. You've got to. At least once. You didn't watch BTTF and think "gee, I wish those could sit on my shelf".

I'd wear them. You've got to. At least once. You didn't watch BTTF and think "gee, I wish those could sit on my shelf".

If I wait a couple days do you think these could be had for 8k?

I'm not really trying to spend a dime more than that.

Thanks in advance!

If I wait a couple days do you think these could be had for 8k?

I'm not really trying to spend a dime more than that.

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

But...

Preach! 

oh...

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

But...

Preach! 

oh...

last night I checked on a size 10 and it was going for $9,000.00! I think you could buy a delorean for that price on ebay

last night I checked on a size 10 and it was going for $9,000.00! I think you could buy a delorean for that price on ebay

Anyone have High Quality wallpapers of the shoes/delorean? I really wanted to use the pics from the site but the quality is garbage.

I will be in attendance at tonights event. Hopefully I can get some shots and post up here.

Anyone have High Quality wallpapers of the shoes/delorean? I really wanted to use the pics from the site but the quality is garbage.

I will be in attendance at tonights event. Hopefully I can get some shots and post up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom