OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone keep saying theyre not wearable???

There is nothing to suggest you can't wear them but they did say that they don't recommend wearing when playing sports.

And really, why would you wear these??? Especially if youre over the age of 12
laugh.gif

These are collector items nothing more, but they are a hella cool collector item............and an expensive one too

What ticks me off is even if I wanted a pair and was willing to drop the coin I couldnt get anyway since they won't ship outside the US..............Michael J Fox is Canadian and yet Canadians cant buy these smfdh

And there will be pairs resold for more to international buyers since no one outside the US can bid on them. This is crazy but really fun to watch
laugh.gif

how did this thread jump so many pages over night? wow

that video of MJF made me so sad
frown.gif

Why does everyone keep saying theyre not wearable???

There is nothing to suggest you can't wear them but they did say that they don't recommend wearing when playing sports.

And really, why would you wear these??? Especially if youre over the age of 12
laugh.gif

These are collector items nothing more, but they are a hella cool collector item............and an expensive one too

What ticks me off is even if I wanted a pair and was willing to drop the coin I couldnt get anyway since they won't ship outside the US..............Michael J Fox is Canadian and yet Canadians cant buy these smfdh

And there will be pairs resold for more to international buyers since no one outside the US can bid on them. This is crazy but really fun to watch
laugh.gif

I'm not really "mad" per se about this whole situation since it's for a good cause, but they could have gone about it in a much better way.

I know they're not obligated to donate anything, but if they really feel it's an urgent matter a guy like Parker or Phil Knight could easily have donated the equivalent of whatever these end up selling for to MJF's foundation. What they do with their money is their business but if their motivation for releasing them now is because they're finally "ready" and they want to raise money for charity asap, many of the folks at Nike could have afforded to donate a lot of money to the foundation quite some time ago. Perhaps they already have and if so then I'm in the wrong. 
Tinker mentioned that one of the reasons he even started the project was the online petition, and yet the way they are releasing these makes it so that most of the people who signed that petition or sneakerheads that have coveted these for so long can't afford them due to the prohibitive cost. Why does Tinker think it's disingenuous to release them in bigger numbers at a later date? Are the people buying these shoes buying them because they like the shoes and want to support a good cause or are they doing it for the exclusivity? If they're buying them for the right reasons they shouldn't feel cheated or care if the average Joe buys a pair down the line.

Let's say that a year from now Nike decides to release 10,000 pairs @ $500 each with all of the proceeds going to MJF's charity again. How is that doing a disservice to anybody that bought the first release? How could they have any right to feel cheated when it's raising even more money for charity? If they're upset because the value drops and they won't be able to resell it for as much then the weren't buying it for the right reason in the first place. Every single pair of shoes I own, I bought because I liked them, not because there aren't very many pairs left or they're rare. Every time I've donated money to charity or the church, I didn't do it because it entitled me to some rare collectible. Tinker and Nike should not feel beholden to rich people or resellers who dropped thousands of bucks on these for the wrong reason. 
To be frank, I'm glad these aren't being released right now in a way that I could afford to buy them under normal circumstances because I don't have a job right now and couldn't even afford them if they were $100; so this works out for me just fine as it would have KILLED me to feel like I missed out on these
laugh.gif
Even still, while I applaud them for releasing these for a good cause I think they could have raised even more money AND appeased the demand of BTTF fans and sneakerheads alike so that everybody wins. If they do end up releasing at a quasi-affordable price point, hopefully it's at a time when I'm gainfully employed. 

I'm not really "mad" per se about this whole situation since it's for a good cause, but they could have gone about it in a much better way.

I know they're not obligated to donate anything, but if they really feel it's an urgent matter a guy like Parker or Phil Knight could easily have donated the equivalent of whatever these end up selling for to MJF's foundation. What they do with their money is their business but if their motivation for releasing them now is because they're finally "ready" and they want to raise money for charity asap, many of the folks at Nike could have afforded to donate a lot of money to the foundation quite some time ago. Perhaps they already have and if so then I'm in the wrong. 
Tinker mentioned that one of the reasons he even started the project was the online petition, and yet the way they are releasing these makes it so that most of the people who signed that petition or sneakerheads that have coveted these for so long can't afford them due to the prohibitive cost. Why does Tinker think it's disingenuous to release them in bigger numbers at a later date? Are the people buying these shoes buying them because they like the shoes and want to support a good cause or are they doing it for the exclusivity? If they're buying them for the right reasons they shouldn't feel cheated or care if the average Joe buys a pair down the line.

Let's say that a year from now Nike decides to release 10,000 pairs @ $500 each with all of the proceeds going to MJF's charity again. How is that doing a disservice to anybody that bought the first release? How could they have any right to feel cheated when it's raising even more money for charity? If they're upset because the value drops and they won't be able to resell it for as much then the weren't buying it for the right reason in the first place. Every single pair of shoes I own, I bought because I liked them, not because there aren't very many pairs left or they're rare. Every time I've donated money to charity or the church, I didn't do it because it entitled me to some rare collectible. Tinker and Nike should not feel beholden to rich people or resellers who dropped thousands of bucks on these for the wrong reason. 
To be frank, I'm glad these aren't being released right now in a way that I could afford to buy them under normal circumstances because I don't have a job right now and couldn't even afford them if they were $100; so this works out for me just fine as it would have KILLED me to feel like I missed out on these
laugh.gif
Even still, while I applaud them for releasing these for a good cause I think they could have raised even more money AND appeased the demand of BTTF fans and sneakerheads alike so that everybody wins. If they do end up releasing at a quasi-affordable price point, hopefully it's at a time when I'm gainfully employed. 

I GOT MY BID IN ON A SIZE 11. GONNA TRY TO SIT ON EM FOR A BIT AND FLIP LATER ON DOWN THE LINE IF I END UP WINNING.

LOOKS LIKE SNEAKERHEADS ARE GETTING OUTBID BY BACK TO THE FUTURE COLLECTORS. LOL

I GOT MY BID IN ON A SIZE 11. GONNA TRY TO SIT ON EM FOR A BIT AND FLIP LATER ON DOWN THE LINE IF I END UP WINNING.

LOOKS LIKE SNEAKERHEADS ARE GETTING OUTBID BY BACK TO THE FUTURE COLLECTORS. LOL

they will re-release these. 2015 not releasing these will dumb not to.

THEY ASKED HIM IF THEY ARE GOING TO RE-RELEASE again. If he said yes or maybe.. than the prices wouldnt be as high. People will just wait.

they will re-release these. 2015 not releasing these will dumb not to.

THEY ASKED HIM IF THEY ARE GOING TO RE-RELEASE again. If he said yes or maybe.. than the prices wouldnt be as high. People will just wait.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Unless you bid around 5k, I wouldn't count on winning them lol

I had the opportunity to help raise money for team fox, the Fox Foundation's running charity.  I went with another charity and raised 5K.  This seems like a vast mistake now.  As much as I would kill for a pair of these, I;m not going to sell my car to cop them. ( Although this immediately occured to me. 
laugh.gif
 ) I will say this, and this is coming from someone who loved the Air Mags so much I personally MADE two pairs, I feel okay with this.  Just seeing Nike do this and watching the trailer is a small victory, and we haven' had a win in the air mag department for 26 years now.
This is a note to every celebrity, rapper, whatever that is buying a pair; make large donations.  Don't just win to flaunt these.  Kayne should put down $1,000,000 for his ten pairs.  I'm sure he has the money to spend.  Let's chime in here, how long have you all been waiting for these shoes to drop?  So far I've got 15 years since I asked everyone at payless if they had them when I was 7
laugh.gif

d2d26993e12e023900c8f3f38e0244c1693cb11b.jpeg
 One of my replica pairs that unfortunately didn't fit 
tired.gif

I had the opportunity to help raise money for team fox, the Fox Foundation's running charity.  I went with another charity and raised 5K.  This seems like a vast mistake now.  As much as I would kill for a pair of these, I;m not going to sell my car to cop them. ( Although this immediately occured to me. 
laugh.gif
 ) I will say this, and this is coming from someone who loved the Air Mags so much I personally MADE two pairs, I feel okay with this.  Just seeing Nike do this and watching the trailer is a small victory, and we haven' had a win in the air mag department for 26 years now.
This is a note to every celebrity, rapper, whatever that is buying a pair; make large donations.  Don't just win to flaunt these.  Kayne should put down $1,000,000 for his ten pairs.  I'm sure he has the money to spend.  Let's chime in here, how long have you all been waiting for these shoes to drop?  So far I've got 15 years since I asked everyone at payless if they had them when I was 7
laugh.gif

d2d26993e12e023900c8f3f38e0244c1693cb11b.jpeg
 One of my replica pairs that unfortunately didn't fit 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

tinker has stated theyre not releasing these again since it would be a disservice to ppl that bid on these shoes now

It's been stated before that Tinker doesn't really do retros. Why do you think they butcher colorways and use materials that he probably hates? Because he has no say ( likely by choice). Retro teams use whatever models they want to frankenstein shoes with and just DO IT, with seemingly no care for the past.. He has stated he is always about the future. So him personally saying that they won't come out could mean very little in the scheme of things.

Also as far as wearability. Why have KD sitting in a footlocker type store waiting on a bench to eventually be shown these, as if he would be trying them on for wear?? I put 1 and 2 together here and it would appear like I could wear these if I bought them.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

tinker has stated theyre not releasing these again since it would be a disservice to ppl that bid on these shoes now

It's been stated before that Tinker doesn't really do retros. Why do you think they butcher colorways and use materials that he probably hates? Because he has no say ( likely by choice). Retro teams use whatever models they want to frankenstein shoes with and just DO IT, with seemingly no care for the past.. He has stated he is always about the future. So him personally saying that they won't come out could mean very little in the scheme of things.

Also as far as wearability. Why have KD sitting in a footlocker type store waiting on a bench to eventually be shown these, as if he would be trying them on for wear?? I put 1 and 2 together here and it would appear like I could wear these if I bought them.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

MY LIMIT IS SET AT 5500 BUT I'M SEEING PAIRS GO FOR WAY MORE THAN THAT
frown.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

MY LIMIT IS SET AT 5500 BUT I'M SEEING PAIRS GO FOR WAY MORE THAN THAT
frown.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
100% correct, I'm still salty

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
100% correct, I'm still salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom