OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

Originally Posted by Steez

Confirmed retail details on Penny V:

Nike Air Penny V
Black/White-Game Royal
537331-040
November 2012
$150 retail

Nike Air Penny V
New Green/Safety Orange-White
537331-300
December 2012
$150 retail

Nike Air Penny V
Dark Grey/Black-Rave Pink-Court Purple
537331-070
December 2012
$160 retail

Check the full story via CounterKicks.com for more info.
I will only be copping the Black White and game royal colorway. Those other two colorways are
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I remember seeing the Penny 3's growing up...but that time I wasn't even into kicks lol. Been giving these V's a look and they've been slowly growing on me, thinking of coppin a pair

eek.gif
 GOT DAYUM @ that sky high ankle support, good luck with jeans.

these will hit sub 100's easy. 
So many other better on-court nike basketball products available under 150 right now....I just don't see this model holding any significant weight in the current on-court market....

I wouldn't doubt Penny's current hype machine, but hopefully those green one's fall a bit so I can scoop them. Look like decent shoes.

Front half of the shoe reminds me of a shoe Nike made before but I can't remember for the life of me
tired.gif

Damn, those green joints are actually pretty sick. I think alot of people will turn around on these when they actually drop. Seems like whenever Nike drops a new design, 90% of the repsonse is negative, and then little by little, everybody turns around. Saw it with the Lebron 8 and 9, KD's, etc...

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

My boy was rocking these samples this weekend..

Shoe definitely grew on me a little..
I cant lie I thought these where hideous when I saw them in that pic on the wall but in this pic they really do look
pimp.gif

dolphins colorway cant even save this shoe, imo....easy pass on this model
height of the shoe + small swoosh doesnt look right...and that midsole has too much going on. the half air unit looks like Nike just thru that in just because

"ridged" toebox reminds me of air max 97s

$ saved
pimp.gif

the shoe looks like somebody with a big forehead idc if that's corny its just what it looks like

I'm really liking these. If I'd cop I'd just get the Magic colorway. And what are those bumps running through the mesh? I doubt this but it'd be cool if it was TPU as a means for support. These look really good for balling in but who knows. It's funny a few months ago I was working on a shoe design concept for an Air Penny 5 and now Nike comes out with it. The cut does look too high. Other than that i have no complaints. For $150, I was expecting $160 at least.

These are such a disappointment. I'm sure when the actual Nike pictures come out they'll look a lot better, but it's looking like these are outlet bound.

I wouldn't mind getting a pair or two at outlet prices if they're good to ball in. Hopefully they at least perform well on the courts unlike the Rookies.

those are as high as the air mcflys.
ill still cop thought cause theyre pennys. not that CW though.

Originally Posted by FOAMHEAD93

I'm really liking these. If I'd cop I'd just get the Magic colorway. And what are those bumps running through the mesh? I doubt this but it'd be cool if it was TPU as a means for support. These look really good for balling in but who knows. It's funny a few months ago I was working on a shoe design concept for an Air Penny 5 and now Nike comes out with it. The cut does look too high. Other than that i have no complaints. For $150, I was expecting $160 at least.

probably like the monkey paw support like the bb4, GP, etc of the past.

I'm feeling the high top look of the shoe, it's becoming very popular these days in shoe designs so I'm use to that. The only thing I'm not feeling that much is all the white on the sole. It's seems like it too much white and a dirt magnet. So as of now it's either going to be these or the Orlando colorway, but I'm a little more leaning towards this Dolphins colorway because I'm thinking about picking up the Orlando Colorway in the Jordan 9's that's suppose to be coming out around that same time.

I'm feeling the high cut on the Penn V's. It's not really that unusual to me considering many shoes have a higher cut these days. The only thing I don't like to much about the Dolphins colorway is all of the white on the mid sole because it looks like it's going to be a dirt magnet but they still look nice. I'm just not sure if I want to get the Orlando colorway or if I want the Dolphins colorway yet, but I think I'm going to be leaning more towards the Dolphins colorway as of now because I might pick up the Jordan 9's in the Orlando Magic colorway that's suppose to be coming out this fall, but whatever the case I will be getting one of the Penny V's Lord willing.

Originally Posted by Joulze

I cant lie I thought these where hideous when I saw them in that pic on the wall but in this pic they really do look
pimp.gif

the "newports"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
swag

Originally Posted by Joulze

pimp.gif

I usually like any kind of teal colorway, needless to say it definitely looks nice on these.

Back
Top Bottom