Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ******** more on people willing to buy plane tickets for a CHANCE to get some shoes, and not even necessarily the shoes they want. All it said in the ad is 600 tickets, and each one guarantees you 1 pair. Somebody today said they only had like 6 pairs of Yeezys, not 30-40 pairs like someone else mentioned earlier in this thread. Unless they did a raffle, there's no way you're gonna beat out local dudes for a first come first serve type of thing for just 6 pairs if you're coming from out of town. The odds just make no damn sense :smh:

Far as publicity goes, Moe's Sneaker Spot is not new to the NYC area. There are two more Moe's just in Queens alone where this new one opened up. If you're from NYC, you probably already know or at least heard about Moe's if you're into sneakers. True, they got some short term publicity/hype, which is good for opening a new location. But with the riot today, they had to cancel the whole event and far as I know sold zero pairs of shoes, which hurts their bottom line. I don't know how they plan on selling all that stock they kept hyping up, but you gotta imagine they have to rehire security people or maybe even publicize all over again if they wanna do another "grand opening". Doing that kinda stuff ain't cheap, even though I'm sure they can afford it. The hype was too much to do first come first serve IMO cuz they had all kinds of limited/hyped shoes in addition to the Yeezys. Much as I don't really like raffles, they probably should've done some kind of raffle or another system where you don't have as much of a chance of dudes fighting over each other. Honestly I don't really know if stores can do FCFS anymore for limited kicks cuz people are just too thirsty now.

Last edited:
Tell you what tho, talk **** about the chaos all you want, but we all talking about Moe's... Some random shoe spot is getting some mad publicity for creating this hype and having an event like this.... Pretty smart

I feel like that was the whole premise of them doing this, so they can get publicity.

Imagine if they had just did a regular grand opening and there JUST so happened to be some Yeezy 2's on the shelf. 10x better than announcing it to the world and making it a bigger deal than what it was/is. You couldn't get mad at people who copped that day.

True, they got some short term publicity/hype, which is good for opening a new location. But with the riot today, they had to cancel the whole event and far as I know sold zero pairs of shoes, which hurts their bottom line. I don't know how they plan on selling all that stock they kept hyping up

They sell the Yeezy's on eBay... When people ask they claim they released randomly... ultra-hyper strike style...
Everything else can be a random release...

The deed is done, they got the publicity....

Every sneaker worth selling will sell regardless of the time or place, when sold at retail...

Last edited:
They sell the Yeezy's on eBay... When people ask they claim they released randomly... ultra-hyper strike style...
Every sneaker worth selling will sell regardless of the time or place, when sold at retail...
Almost every single one, just remember how many pairs hit outlet shelves, like for example the 06's military blue's, those were worth selling imo. Even in countries like Mexico, there's chances to get a pair below retail (no box, but brand new).

Last edited:
Almost every single one, just remember how many pairs hit outlet shelves, like for example the 06's military blue's, those were worth selling imo. Even in countries like Mexico, there's chances to get a pair below retail (no box, but brand new).

Yeah I agree, that's why I'm referring to "any that matter"....

To be specific, anything with resell value...

I knew that was going to go down for that Moe's release :lol: I dont get why people from out of town use so much energy and money trying to get Yeezy 2s for retail by flying to other states and waiting in line. its much simpler to just buy for resale price.

They cancelled the whole event from what I hear. There was a riot, and apparently dudes got pepper sprayed. 2000+ people showed up I heard. Exactly what I expected :lol:

:rofl: everyone should have predicted this would go down, ppl were camping days ago, they should have known

Last edited:

Good point. I remember a couple spots near my area doing something like this during the original Yeezy 2 release. I heard they held back several pairs during the original release and got more cash by eBaying it than they would've by selling for retail. Still publicized it like they had 20-30 pairs, but when they did the raffle, I think 10-15 were called :smh: Shady as hell, but I'm sure they made bank.

Good point. I remember a couple spots near my area doing something like this during the original Yeezy 2 release. I heard they held back several pairs during the original release and got more cash by eBaying it than they would've by selling for retail. Still publicized it like they had 20-30 pairs, but when they did the raffle, I think 10-15 were called :smh: Shady as hell, but I'm sure they made bank.

This true... I've personally known of stores to do this.

They release just enough to front to their customers that they sold them all... Then the rest hit the bay...

There was a shop in Baltimore (now closed) that did this with the first Yeezy's... Sold about 7-9 to the campers... Rest hit eBay and ISS... I'm not speculating, I discovered this to be fact...

The game is only what WE make it...

Last edited:
So they did only have 3 pairs of each color like I predicted. A riot broke out, didn't see that coming :-/

6 months later and the soles of my yeezy 2s are turning orange even though i clean them every couple wears

Sole savers....

Has anyone ever tried deoxidizing glow-in-the-dark soles with something like SeaGlow???

Anyone have a pair with GITD soles that could experiment?

Yup, my soles looking funky too, dont matter how much I clean them.  I heard SeaGlow will take care of it but aint have the balls to try 0-0

Not sure how to post a link here but check out Nike Air Yeezy 2 in the past hour search on Google and there's a Craigslist ad with a link to a site claiming to have a shipment of authentic Yeezys, selling them at retail...

looks real shady. asks you to pay with paypal before seeing a picture or selecting your size, no way its real. At best youll get a pair of fakes IMO

looks real shady. asks you to pay with paypal before seeing a picture or selecting your size, no way its real. At best youll get a pair of fakes IMO
Word, there is no love in this shoegame and if it is too good to be true, guess what, IT IS!

Maybe it's because of how often you guys clean them or what you're cleaning them with? I've walked through the streets of soma and the tenderloin on a regular basis during the past 6 months as well. Through gum, dog ****, pee pee, human ****, miller high life, and whatever else may be coating the filthiest sidewalks on the west coast. I've only ever taken water to them once, to rinse off the ______ residue I had to scrape out. My soles are still cool though, no oranging whatsoever.

Maybe it's the bum pee pee that's preserving the sexy of my soles.

I actually respect the dude for having the know-how to create a program like that and trying to hustle with it. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably be tempted to do the same, especially since it's a special program, and people on here shouldn't automatically feel entitled to having access to it for free. It's his hard work, totally his right whether or not you should be able to use it for free as a favor or if he wants to charge you. But from a user standpoint...free is always better :lol:. For me personally, I just can't see myself paying for a program like that.

I emailed him asking the specifics on how the payment works and I think that once he comes up with a better system for the payment then I'll actually give him some of my $$ but until then I'll stick with the old fashion wait for the twitter link method.

THE PROGRAM IS ONLY A LITTLE BIT HELPFUL. ALL IT DOES IS OPEN THE LINK FOR YOU. YOU STILL HAVE TO MANUALLY PICK YOUR SIZE AND ADD TO CART.

THERE ARE PROGRAMS THAT TAKE IT A STEP FARTHER....

THE PROGRAM IS ONLY A LITTLE BIT HELPFUL. ALL IT DOES IS OPEN THE LINK FOR YOU. YOU STILL HAVE TO MANUALLY PICK YOUR SIZE AND ADD TO CART.
THERE ARE PROGRAMS THAT TAKE IT A STEP FARTHER....

:lol: I always picture you yelling at folk, that caps lock stays hammered

lol just called the guy on craigslist and asked for some pictures. "theyre all in boxes so we cant" was his response. Also asked how it was possible that he had them for retail. "we have a contract with nike so we have to sell them for retail" LMAO BSSSS

lol just called the guy on craigslist and asked for some pictures. "theyre all in boxes so we cant" was his response. Also asked how it was possible that he had them for retail. "we have a contract with nike so we have to sell them for retail" LMAO BSSSS
:lol:

Sad thing is I bet they still get some people falling for it though :smh:

Not sure how to post a link here but check out Nike Air Yeezy 2 in the past hour search on Google and there's a Craigslist ad with a link to a site claiming to have a shipment of authentic Yeezys, selling them at retail...
Well I paid thru paypal and choose the option of having the money withdrawn from my account after item is received and everything checks out. So i have til dec 31 st to file a claim if it isn't on the up and up. hell at this point its worth a shot. Worst thing that happens is they fake and i get my money back.

so you think there real

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom