Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by mALiZ

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

You guys stone face but if you were in their shoes you'd do the same thing. Teenagers throwing money at you and you wouldn't take it? Cmon man

Not necessarily, I would of course have a profit margin but not overkilling people. Honestly 1000 ain't bad, 4500 is insane. I'm not shaming the seller more so the people paying that price. You know what all you can do with 4500.  Resellers sell at that price cause know people will pay at that price but if that changed then resellers would lower their prices or quit if it wasn't enough profit.
these stores aren't putting guns to peoples head. these people are shooting themselves by paying the prices. im no reseller but there's a difference between making a few bucks, and paying your mortgage for the rest of the year.   

Not that I believe the "Bill Bellamy" reference to a site but fwiw his wife's name is Kristen Baker and was on the show Baller Wives or something. If true, this might have something to do with it, but not a believer to begin with.

Also I wish I could bet on the number of people who actually get these shoes end up reselling them. I want to put the number right around 80%.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

my thing is, nike acted all concerned about the violence on the last couple of hyped releases...

i mean, sure, stores can charge whatever they want, it's a suggested price on the box, and i know nike doesn't do anything about them up-charging...

but what if you were to record the convo about them starting at $1,500 and not accepting cards, and basically saying they don't care if kids get robbed outside of their store with thousands in cash...

if that convo were sent to nike, would being that reckless make nike wanna do anything about it? take away their account maybe?

i'm not even gonna mess with them, but if i did, i'd have a burner on me for sure, and the first hint of someone trying to rob me, violence would pop off (not even saying it would end well for me, but i wouldn't just let it go down like that without a fight, and i think a lot of people will have the same mentality... not many people are just gonna sit there and let some low-life take a couple stacks from 'em and not do anything about it)...

you know this release is gonna be chaotic y'all... just sayin'...
Shameful...
eyes.gif
tired.gif
roll.gif

The same dudes complaining will probably still drop $1,000+ for a pair. Then tell NT they got a good deal.
laugh.gif
Big Ballers

Why charge $800? To turn heads away?or bank off profit?
Originally Posted by chestercopperpot

virgil just tweeted that RSVP gallery will be selling the yeezy II.

kind of figured that

Have never been here but now I guess I have 3 options in the City now. Only hope getting there Thursday day isn't to late.lol

Originally Posted by toughmoney

The same dudes complaining will probably still drop $1,000+ for a pair. Then tell NT they got a good deal.
laugh.gif
Big Ballers

bingo
roll.gif
and then drop 50 on a matching hat and 30 on a shirt with a corny "shoe head" one liner on it. you can book that

Originally Posted by mALiZ

You guys stone face but if you were in their shoes you'd do the same thing. Teenagers throwing money at you and you wouldn't take it? Cmon man

Not necessarily, I would of course have a profit margin but not overkilling people. Honestly 1000 ain't bad, 4500 is insane. I'm not shaming the seller more so the people paying that price. You know what all you can do with 4500.  Resellers sell at that price cause know people will pay at that price but if that changed then resellers would lower their prices or quit if it wasn't enough profit.
these stores aren't putting guns to peoples head. these people are shooting themselves by paying the prices. im no reseller but there's a difference between making a few bucks, and paying your mortgage for the rest of the year.   

I know thats what I'm saying....but i think those people are more less in it for the hype. If they knew or liked sneakers they would know their options and 4500 on a pair wouldn't be one of them. I think the mysterious about lack of details around the release has a bit to do with that especially since they drop next week. I personally stop looking for pre order or whatever and going to remain patient see how things work out. I'd urge others to do the same.

my issue isn't so much with the mark up to $1,500... sounds like lots of boutiques are marking up to numbers around that...

my issue is with them recklessly letting people line up outside with thousands of dollars in cash on them, refusing to take cards of any kind, and not caring if goons roll up and rob all of them and violence and possibly death pops off...

would serve them right tho, but instead of letting it go that far, i am strongly considering dropping a dime on them and hoping nike takes their account away.

call it snitching if you want, but these cats are screwing up the game, big time... even if their mark up was more reasonable, i refuse to line up on a sidewalk in the middle of a crime ridden city somewhere with tons of cash on me like that.

i mean, you can't do anything about resellers, but you can do something about stores being this irresponsible with their mark ups...

Crazy that people are paying these ridiculous pre-order prices without really even knowing how available these will be! What if these show up in your local mall! lol

MSRP, we all know what it stands for. as for the safety of the campers, those people are doing it at their own risk and obviously dont mind doing so.

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

Crazy that people are paying these ridiculous pre-order prices without really even knowing how available these will be! What if these show up in your local mall! lol

Nike FLOODS the outlets with Air Yeezys
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BlackedoutUnicorn

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

Nike FLOODS the outlets with Air Yeezys
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That would be very nice(borat voice)!
laugh.gif

my issue isn't so much with the mark up to $1,500... sounds like lots of boutiques are marking up to numbers around that...

my issue is with them recklessly letting people line up outside with thousands of dollars in cash on them, refusing to take cards of any kind, and not caring if goons roll up and rob all of them and violence and possibly death pops off...
Lets say they have 10 pairs @ $1500 ($1650 after tax
laugh.gif
)

and there are 15 of these dudes with $1700 Cash in their pockets

IMG_1983.JPG

Thats 25k plus you can take out the frail employees and owner and have 10 free pairs of yeezys.

Spoiler [+]
nas-mask.gif

would serve them right tho, but instead of letting it go that far, i am strongly considering dropping a dime on them and hoping nike takes their account away.

call it snitching if you want, but these cats are screwing up the game, big time... even if their mark up was more reasonable, i refuse to line up on a sidewalk in the middle of a crime ridden city somewhere with tons of cash on me like that.

i mean, you can't do anything about resellers, but you can do something about stores being this irresponsible with their mark ups...
if you dont drop the dime i sure as hell will. Thats not cool. Someone is GOING to get hurt

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Lets say they have 10 pairs @ $1500 ($1650 after tax
laugh.gif
)

and there are 15 of these dudes with $1700 Cash in their pockets

IMG_1983.JPG

Thats 25k plus you can take out the frail employees and owner and have 10 free pairs of yeezys.

Spoiler [+]
nas-mask.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
perfect execution

Originally Posted by iHust1e

$1000 for dem yeezys2?

Thats childs play. Step ya wallets up 
pimp.gif

foolishness. thats rent. what does dropping $1000 on a pair of shoes get you? SOME SHOES. THATS IT

LOL!

15 lil' franalations camped out with 2 stacks each in the pockets...

yeah... there won't even be violence... they'll just be a MAJOR come up! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Haven't made a trek into here for awhile.

The sneaker world outside of the yeezy's is vast. Thanks to most in here for making the other pickups that much easier to obtain.

Who knows. Maybe it gets so bad that it starts a revolution for easily obtainable GRs...

These stores should just hire fake goons to circle round the block. Keep dem campers away until the day of

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

You have some serious issues if you pay $2500 for a Nike.

LV, Bally and Gucci shoes are not even that much.

But I know the sheep will follow regardless of the price.
30t6p3b.gif

You're so right. People need to understand they're looking at a pair of Nike sneakers. Honestly, why would you drop near $2k on a pair of Nike sneakers that still have glue stains on them?
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom