Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Originally Posted by muzikfrk75

Originally Posted by Mr K

i just cant imagine these being simply handed out to ALOT of celebrities and then being extremely limited to us....just doesnt make sense, i understand limited but not 8 pairs per store type of limited...

True.  I mean...it seems that a LOT of celebrities have them.
It's also possible that these celebrities were given specific instructions to post pictures of them as soon as they got them.  I have a feeling most of these celebrities get pretty regular shipments from Nike if they want them.
these are far from exclusive at this point, everyone and their momma who is somehow connected to the entertainment world has them, i refuse to believe that nike/kanye would smack their fans/consumers in the face by making these extremely limited to the public....if they want a limited shoe, keep it limited all around.

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

I believe these yeezys are targeted towards being a celeb edition sneaker. why the msrp is 245, who will even be lucky enough to pay that?

very smart of them to design a shoe, that only celebs can obtain and most likely got them for free.

Originally Posted by CeeCeeSinger

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

I wish they could make a shoe exclusively for people who have college degrees, but than again, that would exclude almost 90% of the fan base.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Great idea.... nike should make a Plies exclusive just for him. Call them Air Nursery.

Originally Posted by Reignman40

A store tweeted out a pic of the shipping confirmation on friday. I believe that stores got their confirmation on Friday or they got shut out. Thursday was too early. 
Do you have a link to the picture or can you post it.  Just curious. Thanks.

I don't think it's kanye..

I actually think its Nike and the marketing company NRG. They were in charge of the marketing plan for the galaxy foams and the same crap is happening for these yeezys. Give to celebs early, make consumers thirsty, and keep consumers thirsty by not meeting the demand of supply. SMFH

I aint no puppet, i don't even want these anymore, f y'all Nike

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

I actually think its Nike and the marketing company NRG. They were in charge of the marketing plan for the galaxy foams and the same crap is happening for these yeezys. Give to celebs early, make consumers thirsty, and keep consumers thirsty by not meeting the demand of supply. SMFH

i feel exactly like this. i will never understand just make these a little more available instead of slapping everyone in the face with pics of them everywhere

I know it's all conjecture (including what I'm about to say, I'm not about to make up some fake source), but this seems the closest thing to the truth.  If Nike is hiring a marketing company specifically for these high profile releases, I'm pretty sure this is what we can expect for anything with NRG on the tag.  They're creating an expectation and a demand that's fueled by nothing more than the human desire to keep up with the Joneses and the current celebrity culture.  As a consumer and a lover of sneakers I'm pissed more than I've ever been about a product.  As someone who loves psychology and marketing and all that jive, I am fascinated and incredibly impressed.  They've got people out here like crackfiends for a pair of sneakers.

To me its kinda starting to make sense why a lot of celebs would have these while still being limited. Because its like, if your a regular person with a pair then your the guy with the 'celebrity shoe'. Not that I agree but I think that might be what Nike/Kanye is going for.  Wouldnt be that bad if spots were charging retail...

I know it's all conjecture (including what I'm about to say, I'm not about to make up some fake source), but this seems the closest thing to the truth.  If Nike is hiring a marketing company specifically for these high profile releases, I'm pretty sure this is what we can expect for anything with NRG on the tag.  They're creating an expectation and a demand that's fueled by nothing more than the human desire to keep up with the Joneses and the current celebrity culture.  As a consumer and a lover of sneakers I'm pissed more than I've ever been about a product.  As someone who loves psychology and marketing and all that jive, I am fascinated and incredibly impressed.  They've got people out here like crackfiends for a pair of sneakers.
+2 You Hit The Nail On The Head!...

I think nike knows the magic formula now. they got the number in their head that they want

set and create certain amount of a overhyped super popular sneaker
set the msrp to the highest price in nikes msrp history
sell the marketing through celebrities via twitter and instagram by posting the best angle pictures, it will auto hype the masses of "regular" consumers
keep the release date and availability info very secret, consumers will create more unccessary hype through their own blogs, websites, chit chat, word of mouth, local tv station news
chaos will ensue when rd comes, shoes will sell out 99.99999% of the time at that price nike wanted and moneys in nikes bank.
start over from step 1.

I guess ill be the first to update on this. I went up earlier this morning around 7am to go to HOH in beverly center. I planned on camping out luckly because my vacation time landed to 2 days before this and I have 2 weeks paid which feels great btw lol. Well as I went there there were about 15 heads there but not for the yeezys but the lebrons. I stayed around anyway. As I went to HOH that morning I talked to the people and they have said and confirmed they do not know if they are getting them in and if they do they WILL raffle. Not the raffle where you pay the retail and ticket cost and they call your number and you grab whatever size is available, its the raffle where you hope your the lucky one chosen and then you pay to purchase them. Apparently before I arrived or day before prior one of the guys in line said there was about 8 10 guys waiting on the yeezys but heard a store in santa barbra was going to have them? They didn't know what store or etc but ended up leaving. Me drive to s.b and not know FORSURE to cop? Nahh I'm good west covina to b.v. in a v8 was fun enough. I didn't purchase the lebrons cause my main focus was on the yeezys but then I saw the hype on these and then I thought hmm I have my emergency cc, I guess ill put it to use so I waited in the sheik line. I was about the 12th person and luckly I was able to grab a 10. (I'm a 13 btw) so not even 5 min as I walk out thinking about listing them on C.L and ebay. Guy in a white infinity pulls up and asked me what size were those and if they were the lebrons. I told him yeah and a size 10. And he was looking for a 9 9.5 sooo I told him sorry and he said if I would take 450 and I declined and said 500. He said no and he seen them all on cl for 450 and I said fine waste gas go to their house and you'll spend maybe 20 30 on gas when you can get them here. Then he said ebay. Then I told him really? Pay fees and shipping while I have them here in the bag....? So his friend fronted him the rest and I made a sale. Lol. I finally found a place who doesent want to confirm it but is on the forsure boat they'll receive these shoes but does not want to put it out there and have a line. I knew this place would have them due to the fact my buddy purchased them here when I bought mine in downtown off vine st. I didn't get to check the sheik store in culver city I just went home after leaving around 5 from beverly center. Ill ask my family if they can check and see since they live off la tijera and manchester. Called other places that had them last year even undftd and they will not say anything nor confirm they are getting them and people tried camping there too and they are not allowing it till they get a CONFIRM forsure they'll have them. Hope this all helps ill also post this in the nike talk thread to inform as well.

Deserves to be quoted on every page.

bucknuteagle wrote:
 They've got people out here like crackfiends for a pair of sneakers.

Not really. Crack is easily obtained on any block in any urban community.. The supply easily meets the demand. The problem with crackfiends is constantly coming up with the money to support their habit.. Most sneaker enthusiast have more than enough money to buy the sneakers, Nike just refuses to produce anywhere near the amount of supply to meet the demand. Like i previously said, Nike loves the chaos that these quickstrike/limited released sneakers cause. And then  to make matters even worse, they just hand out a already super limited pair of sneakers to celebs for what, To build more hype for an already super hyped up, super limited released pair of sneakers? The sneakers would sell out in seconds regardless! 

anyone know any spots in nyc doing a raffle for these? people here mentioned some in california but that doesnt help me.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by titanium intellect

Confirmed. Just in case there was any speculation. East = Black, West = Platinum, some accounts = both. Stores are keeping tight lipped as well. Whether it be to prevent hysteria or backlash, but spots are keeping it lowkey. They know. TRUST ME.

Your statement makes me think you have some insider info. I understand you may not be able to divulge particulars but the real question... Will we have a shot at retail? Or will the shops all do auctions or jack up the price?
Yes. But more than likely through raffles and such.

A lot of these Mom and Pops are upping the price (can't say I blame them, but that's a different discussion), but the spot who confirmed info for me (who has confirmed their black pairs) is raffling off all the pairs. They're also doing something very commendable with employee sales.

No one wants to deal with campouts, lines, etc. for this release. Not only is Nike VERY against that going on anymore PERIOD, shops are not getting 36-48-72 pairs. This shoe just isn't like that.

I also heard something very similar to this. Also all the mom and pops around the country as of today know if they are getting the sneaker. The only places truly up in the air is the larger chains.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Confirmed. Just in case there was any speculation. East = Black, West = Platinum, some accounts = both. Stores are keeping tight lipped as well. Whether it be to prevent hysteria or backlash, but spots are keeping it lowkey. They know. TRUST ME.

Def can confirm that as locations here will have both.
Spots in Toronto? Originally people were talking about either a) Chi only or b)major cities only getting both colors. It would be interesting if spots in Toronto are getting both colorways. That might open it up for other cities as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom