Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far 3 stores in Michigan have confirmed they're getting pairs but none of these stores are getting the black pair... Is this a common or just a MI thing?

Originally Posted by Shoeman2004

b20_eg8 wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
haha everyday closer to the release w/o information i bet all stores all over the country are just getting called nonstop from open to close, +#!+ would be mad annoying to work through that for DAYS

We probably answer 1k calls per day for these at my shop...my guess would be I have answered the same questions over 10k times over the last month.  Next time I am just going to get an additional number for releases and have people call that.

a certain online spot has them up both colorways and the site is 100% legit and it's in chicago but there charging $2,500.00 and there is allready sizes selling out

Ok guys, here is my opinion on the Yeezy 2. I finally got to look at one in person and compared it to the Y1. First, the Solar red is super sharp! The box was disappointing but the dust bags were super nice. The Kevlar in the back is what really makes the Y2 desirable. The viper type skin ovrerlap is super clean, seems like something Lanvin did a few years ago. Very high quality leather to say the least. The toe box is a mesh type material. Feels identical to the Puma by Miharayasohiro. The mesh cloth type material used in the "M-Y" Puma to be exact. I would go out and say it's the same material. The tongue with the Falcon Horus symbolism is amazing. Great detail. The lace lock leather, is, well, ok. I guess the SB type laces compensates from the lack of creativity in the lace lock. Gold tips is sweet. The sole looks sharp. It seems it charges up decent keeping the sole looking mint for most of the time. The liner is once again nylon type, the Y1 is far softer imo.

I had my Blink Yeezy 1 with me. Me personally think the Y1 Blink has much more going for it in regards to detail. The Blink has 6 different materials going on where as the Y2 has 4. Kevlar being the most noticeable. The "Y" print lasered on the Y1 and neoprene makes the Y1 seem a lot more elegant. I'm not sure if "elegant" is the word I'm looking for, but something similar along the line. The Y1 seems like something you don't see very often where as the Y2 when you're seeing it from a front view angle seems like a Nike running shoe. I guess the patent leather and Yeezy 1 lacelock really standout than the Y2 when seeing them from a front angle. The Y1 is definitely pink compare to the Y2. The solar is bright and resembles pink from a distance, but sure enough it's far from being close to a pink color.

Well, overall the two Yeezy's are faaaar from being close to looking like one another. Very different besides the colorways which aren't the same in regards to the pinks, but close to resembling. I strongly believe after the reviews the Y2's will come down settling around $1200-1500. People will start chopping away on the Y1's because the Y1 seems to be much more loud.

I will be purchasing a Y2 in a couple of weeks for sure. I will advice everyone with deep pockets to wait 2-3 weeks for a pair. They will go down in price, I'm 100% positive. They don't look or feel like a $2000-3000 shoe honestly. The folks selling them will cash out as quick as possible before the comparisons come along on youtube and forums. Do expect to pay $1200-1500 though in a month after all the big pocket people have already spent their money. Very similar to the Foam galaxy.

Stay safe and be patient! Their just shoes and will be obtainable on this forum and Ebay. Not the end of the world. Just sell some of your kicks and you will be set!
wink.gif
.. no biggie

Originally Posted by Troyk1m

Yeah it was posted earlier that windycitysole is using no vaseline

man that's crazy!. and what's even more crazy is there is sizes selling out .. i paid that much for my first car lol

Originally Posted by 18th letter

A few more HD shots.

vnl2tj.jpg

x3txn6.jpg

20ux4p4.jpg

why did they not have other parts of the shoe glow in the dark? why the soles? after a day of walking in them then the botttom of the soles will get dirty and won't glow anymore.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Let me toss out everything that I know and its FOR SURE info...

1) HOH is not getting them, footlocker is not doing anymore releases that they will not get 50-60 pairs minimum, they say it costs more money for them to hire security than they make from the release....dont kill the messenger, I am just passing on what I heard.
2) if you are not in line right now, your only hope is raffles or the ultra rare restock....which always happens at one spot
3)East cost stores have the shot at getting either color...most will get black.....chicago will get black and Gray.......West coast 90% will get the grey pair....everywhere in the middle is most likely (aka 99.9%) getting the grey pair.

and that sneakerfiles list is not even close to the entire list.....lets review....Yeezy 1 released on 3 different dates (one for each color) this time there are only 2 colors and they are releasing on the same day. so it can only work out that MORE STORE WILL GET THEM!!!!!!!! my guess is 3000-5000 total pairs, at 16 (average amount per store) thats anywhere between 187 and 312 stores worldwide (not including larger accounts getting 40+ or internationals getting 30+ of each color way) lets call it on the low end 180 stores. Last time the Yeezys dropped it was 1 or 2 stores per state if you were not lucky enough to live in NY, CA, FL, IL at the time (big cities have more people and more top tier accounts).

3 stores in MI are getting them (as stated in this thread) and they are not on the list....how many other states are getting them and since its not a "Basketball shoe" HOH does not get "first dibs" thats why all the mom and pop "energy", "indie energy" accounts are getting them (or whatever nike calls its "Good/Better/Best" tiering now).

Good luck with all your raffles......all my friends over at NiceKicks are doing a great job raising money for charity....... damn near every store in the Chi has all their pairs spoken for, LDRS/RSVP/St. Alfred get that money...... Be safe and dont be stupid out there....

and remember the words of sarcastic willy wonka -
"Oh, sure I would love to help you get a rare and highly sought after pair of sneakers for retail price random internet person"

In all honesty, the whole questionnaire thing is kinda wack. No disrespect but I bet you wouldn't ask your "Big black guy" question to a big black guy. This type of behavior goes on every day in society nowadays.

what do you guys think prices will settle at once the hype has died down? (July-September)
I think they'll stay steadily over 2k, which is why I'm considering getting them for 1,800 or lower. thoughts?

Ubiq in Philly started giving out tickets to ppl at the store at 9. They said its not a raffle on their twitter and tickets were/are free @ubiqlife

Originally Posted by DublBagn

1) HOH is not getting them, footlocker is not doing anymore releases that they will not get 50-60 pairs minimum, they say it costs more money for them to hire security than they make from the release....dont kill the messenger, I am just passing on what I heard.
2) if you are not in line right now, your only hope is raffles or the ultra rare restock....which always happens at one spot
3)East cost stores have the shot at getting either color...most will get black.....chicago will get black and Gray.......West coast 90% will get the grey pair....everywhere in the middle is most likely (aka 99.9%) getting the grey pair.

and that sneakerfiles list is not even close to the entire list.....lets review....Yeezy 1 released on 3 different dates (one for each color) this time there are only 2 colors and they are releasing on the same day. so it can only work out that MORE STORE WILL GET THEM!!!!!!!! my guess is 3000-5000 total pairs, at 16 (average amount per store) thats anywhere between 187 and 312 stores worldwide (not including larger accounts getting 40+ or internationals getting 30+ of each color way) lets call it on the low end 180 stores. Last time the Yeezys dropped it was 1 or 2 stores per state if you were not lucky enough to live in NY, CA, FL, IL at the time (big cities have more people and more top tier accounts).

3 stores in MI are getting them (as stated in this thread) and they are not on the list....how many other states are getting them and since its not a "Basketball shoe" HOH does not get "first dibs" thats why all the mom and pop "energy", "indie energy" accounts are getting them (or whatever nike calls its "Good/Better/Best" tiering now).

Good luck with all your raffles......all my friends over at NiceKicks are doing a great job raising money for charity....... damn near every store in the Chi has all their pairs spoken for, LDRS/RSVP/St. Alfred get that money...... Be safe and dont be stupid out there....

"Oh, sure I would love to help you get a rare and highly sought after pair of sneakers for retail price random internet person"

So for the DMV area are we to drive to NY for these? We still have no word and boutiques that had them last time are saying no way they're getting them

DMV area is not a boutique area. With that said DTLR Mondawmin is gonna get them and a couple other spots in Maryland. Check the regional thread

who ever e-mailed yesterday and  had a nyc number and is in the nyc area i called you back this morning
check your voice mail 

Originally Posted by gmoney87

Originally Posted by DublBagn

So for the DMV area are we to drive to NY for these? We still have no word and boutiques that had them last time are saying no way they're getting them
my guess is that if a shop has not announced their release by now its because they are either not getting them, or they are backdooring them to make tons of money....so I would say try raffles, NY shops that are not doing raffles already have lines...

Originally Posted by menzinc

ubiq at philly just handed out tix

LOL...did you see the pic of the people that got the tix?  I know at least half of them...that tweet that was sent out was already too late.  If you had to wait for the tweet to find out what was going on, you never had a chance.

VERY surprised they did it at 9am though...figured it woulda been noon or something.  Welp, I guess it's NYC or bust for thekid...

...so bust it is.  No worries, never thought I'd get them anyway.

Originally Posted by Ralph DeLorean

Not sure if this is illegal but if anybody can hook it up with a sz 11 for close to retail for a young man that just wants to rock the black/pink yeezys, please pm

haha good luck bro

Originally Posted by Troyk1m

DMV area is not a boutique area. With that said DTLR Mondawmin is gonna get them and a couple other spots in Maryland. Check the regional thread
Man, I don't want to go anywhere near Mondawmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom