Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike just straight playing with people's emotions on this one
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still hope for a surprise release for tomorrow. So people don't camp out and line-up in front of stores causing mayhem... God it would be awesome

Originally Posted by higuy

Originally Posted by teamfreshh

Lol Nike is such a fail, these dudes wont even come out and release a statement on the shoes at all. Nike is so tight lipped on these making it seem like they have a connection to area 51 or something
laugh.gif
fail? more like sales geniuses.
How is that ?

Just release all 3 on the same day like they do with the lebrons the past few years. Pure chaos

Lol Nike is such a fail, these dudes wont even come out and release a statement on the shoes at all. Nike is so tight lipped on these making it seem like they have a connection to area 51 or something
laugh.gif
fail? more like sales geniuses.
How is that ?
I would assume that what higuy's trying to say is that Nike is creating more hype/buzz/anticipation to the shoe, therefore increasing the possibility of getting even more sales from it. It can be argued though that the Yeezy 2's doesn't need additional hype, but we have to bear in mind that a little more hype won't hurt the folks at Beaverton

Let's all hope the delay was because more pairs are being made. Highly unlikely but hey I wouldn't mind the wait if in the end these were a little bit easier to get.

I don't care if everyone has them I just want a pair myself.

Who care for exclusivity.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

i feel bad for the shops that have to take these millions of calls. 
I was in that position leading up to the 1's, I can't even imagine the madness with the 2's.

Originally Posted by donmega

I would assume that what higuy's trying to say is that Nike is creating more hype/buzz/anticipation to the shoe, therefore increasing the possibility of getting even more sales from it. It can be argued though that the Yeezy 2's doesn't need additional hype, but we have to bear in mind that a little more hype won't hurt the folks at Beaverton

especially if there's any truth to the chatter about more production/availibility.
anyway, who the hell is familiar with Beaverton...  Any truth to some program called "Bullpen" that spits out production date info? Wolf Greys 03/12 - 06/12 and Black Solar Reds 05/12 - 08/12

Originally Posted by ericjunior

Wow, this postponed rumor is running fast. Could this be a decoy? If truly postponed, I wonder what ... producing more pair? Smh.

They probably weren't satisfied with the hype level yet. 
ohwell.gif

My question is why would these detailed pics come out, then Nike say a couple days later that it's been postponed. I know they're not official pics from Nike, I assume, but still. Couldn't whoever took the pics get in trouble with Nike if Nike is being so Area 51 about this?

especially if there's any truth to the chatter about more production/availibility.
anyway, who the hell is familiar with Beaverton...  Any truth to some program called "Bullpen" that spits out production date info? Wolf Greys 03/12 - 06/12 and Black Solar Reds 05/12 - 08/12

If I remember correctly "bullpen" is a program like the nikefind system to locate products.

Originally Posted by mfghilario

My question is why would these detailed pics come out, then Nike say a couple days later that it's been postponed.

The detailed photos are not official Nike photos.

Originally Posted by indianabound

If I remember correctly "bullpen" is a program like the nikefind system to locate products.

laugh.gif
Wow thats some BS if those production dates are true.

Originally Posted by indianabound

Originally Posted by mfghilario

My question is why would these detailed pics come out, then Nike say a couple days later that it's been postponed.

The detailed photos are not official Nike photos.

Forgot to include that in my post.

again, you're basically giving me %!%@ for NOT being a hypebeast, for NOT being a kanye stan...
laugh.gif

i never lied, i ADMITTED i was on the fence about them at first, wasn't gonna beast on 'em just cuz they're yeezys (like a lot of people were, people were acting like they saw them good enough in the kobe commercial, all like "def copping multiples", LOL, and i was clowning them for it, cuz that's real beasting)... i reserved judgement for when i actually saw them in person, and took those detailed pix of them (and only then did i come out and say 2 > 1, which i was one of the first to say, tho it was an unpopular statement at the time, everyone was still sayin' the 1's were better at that point).

all your search results did was prove that (which is why i challenged you to do it)...
laugh.gif

only thing i've had against them since then is they're almost the same colorways as last time, but still, after seeing the good pix, how can you not wanna cop the 2 we've seen thus far? both of 'em look GOOD. period.

let's hope for something different for the next colorway(s) tho...

Originally Posted by ericjunior

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I'M STARTING TO THINK THESE WILL RELEASE UNANNOUNCED.
Lol, has that ever happened before? I'm w/ you though. Sounds highly likely.
Rarely would be an understatement, but it has indeed happened before. I remember first retro of the Foamposite One in 2007 drew the same kind of hype/hysteria. There was NO release date, NO confirmed stores (foams hadn't really released the way they are now). They just sorta popped up and the word spread.

I wonder why all national retailers (NT/HOH) & some others just dnt open a twitter account (regional locations) if they dnt already have one & start using the online registration method for crazy releases like this honestly... The way these OVER HYPED releases are looking is CRAZY right now, going to a store on a 1st come 1st serve basis isn't going to cut it anymore. The releases have to catch w/ the technology that's out here b/c once any kind of info gets out it is shared by millions in a matter of seconds. Dnt bash me b/c this is just a suggestion, I kno there will still be people who are not happy but posting up at a store for over a month to secure some shoes is insane & I for one can't compete w/ that due to having a life....

All I'm saying is for these type of releases stores need to come up w/ a better solution to handle craziness like this:

Originally Posted by bigkel23

I wonder why all national retailers (NT/HOH) & some others just dnt open a twitter account (regional locations) if they dnt already have one & start using the online registration method for crazy releases like this honestly... The way these OVER HYPED releases are looking is CRAZY right now, going to a store on a 1st come 1st serve basis isn't going to cut it anymore. The releases have to catch w/ the technology that's out here b/c once any kind of info gets out it is shared by millions in a matter of seconds. Dnt bash me b/c this is just a suggestion, I kno there will still be people who are not happy but posting up at a store for over a month to secure some shoes is insane & I for one can't compete w/ that due to having a life....

All I'm saying is for these type of releases stores need to come up w/ a better solution to handle craziness like this:
I've wondered the same thing about Footlocker and House of Hoops locations. Nike has implemented a widespread Social media presence for all of their NikeTown locations, and they're pretty good at releasing information. Footlocker on the other hand? I'm not sure what their hold up is, but lol ... I could help them with that!

^ On the real instead of dudes making petitions to boycott NIKE petition them  to come up w/ safer release procedures...

NIKE so called made hoh pull the galaxies well make these stores release your product in a safer way then, since they be trolling these boards troll this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom