Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know the how the relationship with Nike worked and Im just speculating...

But how can you expect to just call the CEO and discuss designs, like he doesnt have a million people under him that handle that stuff. If in his rant he is saying that whenever he calls nike that parker should be on the other line ready to talk i really will never be able to comprehend how full of himself this guy really is..

Aahhh yess, some info for London-bound NT'ers, hmmmm sounds good , but does that mean there won't be a store release for the whole of London? If so damn that's cold

Actually he was just talking about niketown, i didnt ask him if other shops will get them. And i agree with you, winter is already here :D

And fame is not for sale. Mark Parker doesn't sell out Madison Square Garden.

They're both successful in their fields. Stop making it a x vs. y
Yeah but michael jordan and the people who actually matter to athletic shoe money SOLD OUT the garden well before Ye was on any radar. 

If Bron an KD aint phoning up Phil with demands.....Ye wont get love trying it.

Phil knight does not need to sell another pair of shoes in his life. He does not need Kanye in any way whatsoever.

It is an X vs Y

Kanye is trying to go behind the  GM's back, as a coach,  to talk directly to the owners.

That almost always gets the coach fired.

Their is levels to this stuff for a reason and Mr confederate moccasins doesnt respect the hierarchy 

@PRGirlGoneRogue

If you want to get back at your bf, go head and give me a PM.
wink.gif
nerd.gif

Yeah but Nike has never had a client like this. He is Tinker and he is MJ. He's the visionary and the star athlete.

(Obviously I'm not comparing him to either of those greats... I'm making an analogy)

It's just unfamiliar territory for a brand to be in

I know some of you are tired of all this Ye & Adidas talk and what his relationship with Nike has become.. But @Gabe posted some pictures a few hours ago and no one acknowledged him or the pics he posted, soooo I'm assuming it's ok to keep on with the whole Adidas discussion.

I've been a Kanye fan for years, a die hard Kanye fan. I grew with his music through my teenage life, and I loved his brand even before the Air Yeezys. I'm also a Sneakerhead, AND WAS ONE LONG BEFORE THE AIR YEEZYS. In my music world, Kanye was God. In my sneaker world, Nike was god. So when both worlds collided and gave birth to the Air Yeezy, I was an immediate fan, scratch kanye and nike out the situation, the design was INCREDIBLE, and the fact that it was by Nike & Ye made it that much more legit. Hands down the best collaboration sneaker between a brand and an artist. If Kanye had started off with ANY other brand, it wouldn't have gone to the magnitude of dope it did.. But if NIKE had started off with ANY other rapper, it still wouldn't have been so awesome. Kanye and Nikes timing couldn't be any better and although Nike was VERY WELL OFF without kanye, I'm starting to beleive after the Yeezy saga, Nike needs Kanye just a bit more than they think. Without a doubt Nike has been leading the sneaker industry for sometime now, and no matter what they're never gonna go broke, especially not cause of Ye. But think, since the Yeezy 1 there hasn't been a release by Nike that could stir the game up the way it did.. Sure there's been a handful of dope Lebrons, Kobes, some nice OG stuff they've been retroing but for the most part no release was like the Yeezy after 2009 until the yeezy 2s, I mean come On were currently in the second thread for a red October, and like the 3rd thread for an Air Yeezy 2 period. Even nike talk members can't deny the hype, good or bad, even if a lot of it is just babble, people arguing, the same info, I mean the fact that all that is happening means something. And even some of the biggest releases from Nike that were mad crazy hype after 2009 all had elements of yeezy.. Truthfully, Nike capitalized on Kanye to the point it looks like rape, an Ye knows that.. Which is why he's pissed.. He feels they owe him so much more, y'all know the very least nike could do is let him design a capsule collection, it might even boost up they're sales in clothing once Nike realizes his designs sell and then they switch up they're clothing releases to look like what he did (which is exactly what they did with his shoes) and although Nike is my favorite sneaker brand, despite a few cool releases I don't look forward to anything they put out anymore other than Yeezys. They've retroed out dam near everything, like Jordan, killing original silhouettes with horrible color ways, like Jordan, boosting up prices, even higher than Jordan, and well, what I'm trying to get at is.. I love Kanye, and I love Nike. I've known Nike longer than Kanye, but without Yeezys Nike just isn't gonna be the same anymore. Nike is constantly on a ladder taking mega steps up even after being at the top, but this.. This to me is like the first time Nike stepped down in a long time. No matter what, theyre not gonna lose money.. But they're gonna lose interest. Unless red Octobers drop in 2014, it seems like there's nothing to truly look forward too until they drop mags in 2015. I'm sure they're gonna have some nice releases lined up for 2014, maybe some Lebrons with a red glowing outsole, maybe some new Kobe's marketing them "where design meets art".. YALL KNOW WHO AND WHERE THEY GOT THAT FROM. THEY know Kanyes influence has gone beyond yeezys with Nike. Nikes marketing has always been PHENOMENAL AND HANDS DOWN AMAZING, and the last time we were reminded of that was a Yeezy release. And the last time we doubted their marketing was when we seen un-yeezys like the RT1s and those new GITD revolutions that just came out.. What I'm trying to say is, why Nike try to belittle Ye like that? Cause of how he is personally? That don't seem buisness like. Kanyes done a lot for Nike no D-ridin hypebeast BS! And it hurts to know Air Yeezy might officially be dead. It was awesome while it lasted, I wish Nike would respect Ye and stop actin like his recent influence hasn't influenced them or helped them out. not to mention other sneaker brands bringing high cuts, black and pink, and GITD to their brands. The influence is real, the influence is obvious, he even influenced the brand he worked with. No one can deny that.

I wish Nike gave Ye his own brand the way they did Jordan. Yeezy Brand by Nike. That would be awesome, for Nike, for Kanye, for me as a fan/consumer, I wish they could come to better terms and workout something.

I don't even wanna think about an adiyeezi

End Of The Day Nike Isn't Losing Money Or Losing Sleep Cause Ye Went To Adidas And Ye Isn't Losing Money Cause He Still Got His Music And Tours Which Is What Got Him To Where He Is Now...
Is It Difficult To Type Like This? Pressing Shift Before Entering The First Letter Of Every Word? Or Is It A Setting I'm Not Hip To?

Lord, all this bickering back n forth is beyond ******ed now..

End of the day, Ye's whole approach to everything is about confrontation and making sure his is the last voice in any sentence. It's gotten him to where he is but, at the same time, its also turned a lot of people off, including the suits at Swoosh.

Both sides have made their move to separate, SO LET'S MOVE ON PEOPLE!

Thanks to all that have posted real info on the shoe release and let's just hope that if/when it does finally go down, those that really want them will have a legit shot at them.

P

this is a soap opera. we don't know exactly how Nike treated Ye so let's not act like we do cuz we think we know him personally. I'm sure Kanye tried to connect with Nike through proper channels before the CEO "ignored him for 8 months"

At the end of the day if Kanye x Adidas make a dope shoe you gonna buy it and we all gonna be in the other brands forum getting it cracking

this is a soap opera. we don't know exactly how Nike treated Ye so let's not act like we do cuz we think we know him personally. I'm sure Kanye tried to connect with Nike through proper channels before the CEO "ignored him for 8 months"

At the end of the day if Kanye x Adidas make a dope shoe you gonna buy it and we all gonna be in the other brands forum getting it cracking
REPPED

-M. (I'm on that new cool thing of putting my initial on every post)

Hi everyone
Just wanted to contribute to this thread (even if most will think im a just another guy lurking here).

I just spoke to a manager at niketown london, asked him if the red yeezy will be release soon and he responded that they will be, like very positive about it. Also he told me that he cannot mentionned any release date. One info that could be interesting to this thread is that it will be an online release, not in store for london, uk.

Thought i'd shared this with you guys.

That's great news for me/UK NTers! I have heard online only for some other European stores. Apparently, 1948 for the first 2 colourways was crazy so maybe they're trying to avoid that kind of chaos!

I can tell you this..I work for the school district...ask me if I've ever seen or met or spoke with the superintendent 

I gotta strike to get his attention.
laugh.gif

End of the Day Nike is built on Sportswear. Nike Giving Kanye a Fashion line would be backwards. They can't market there tech, with Yeezy, no matter how big his brand is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom