* Official Nike Air Zoom Generation * Lebrons first Retro - DATE TBA

Purples coming down slowly come on $120
2ba76df4-b131-444e-bbdf-d4ec71f58552_text.gif

1705031144791.png

finally, patience pays off.

I just bought too....for $100 I couldn't say no.
I guess the mainstream public and younger shoe buyers don't care about these, but I feel like one day people are going to regret sitting it out on them. Especially at these prices. Talk about a steal for what is one sick shoe. I bought a pair off NDC a while back during some sale and thought $123 or whatever I paid was a great price. Then I bought another pair on a subsequent better sale/promo that brought them down to $103. I planned to return the first pair for a refund, but when the second pair arrived and I started looking at them again, I was like, screw it, for these prices I'm just keeping both. :lol:

I guess the mainstream public and younger shoe buyers don't care about these, but I feel like one day people are going to regret sitting it out on them. Especially at these prices. Talk about a steal for what is one sick shoe. I bought a pair off NDC a while back during some sale and thought $123 or whatever I paid was a great price. Then I bought another pair on a subsequent better sale/promo that brought them down to $103. I planned to return the first pair for a refund, but when the second pair arrived and I started looking at them again, I was like, screw it, for these prices I'm just keeping both. :lol:

I've gotten The Debuts, purps, and First Games for a Grand total of slightly over $300.

The past few years I've been able to add almost every Lebron I've ever wanted into my collection for a fraction of the cost it would've been in the early 2010's. As a Nike basketball fan I love it.

I only hope these sales don't prevent Nike from giving us more retro's in the future/and or making them limited. The crazy thing is with the early 2000's clothing style being back in the AZG fit's in perfectly with that. All it would take is Lil Yachty wearing a pair and they would be on it.

Aesthetically speaking the AZG works great with baggy pants.

I've gotten The Debuts, purps, and First Games for a Grand total of slightly over $300.

The past few years I've been able to add almost every Lebron I've ever wanted into my collection for a fraction of the cost it would've been in the early 2010's. As a Nike basketball fan I love it.

I only hope these sales don't prevent Nike from giving us more retro's in the future/and or making them limited. The crazy thing is with the early 2000's clothing style being back in the AZG fit's in perfectly with that. All it would take is Lil Yachty wearing a pair and they would be on it.

Aesthetically speaking the AZG works great with baggy pants.

I've always thought the AZG is an easy shoe to rock, either on the court or off the court casually. I don't wear them with jeans, but that's about the only thing. Shorts, warmups/sweats, they always look super dope. And I'm not saying they can't be worn with jeans, but I generally don't pair bball shoes with them much these days. Other than WC IIIs, which you can pretty much wear with literally anything LOL

AZGs went on sale back in the day, too. As a kid who wore mens shoe sizes by age 9, I would not have gotten lebron AZG or 2, melo 5.5, kobe 1, even some jordans, if they didn't reach sales. I obviously regretted not getting SVSM AZG in 2017, but the rest of the colorways of this shoe are meaningless to me. Similar with the lebron 2 - didn't want olympic or maccabi, only down for ASG or other PEs.

Many basketball shoes still go on sale. Kyries always did, PGs did, giannis's do, lebron 20 and 21 were loved and still went on sale. Nike bball exploding around the lebron 7-9, kd4, kobe 6-8 era is an anomaly.

I've always thought the AZG is an easy shoe to rock, either on the court or off the court casually. I don't wear them with jeans, but that's about the only thing. Shorts, warmups/sweats, they always look super dope. And I'm not saying they can't be worn with jeans, but I generally don't pair bball shoes with them much these days. Other than WC IIIs, which you can pretty much wear with literally anything LOL

I agree. I can do Jordans, Penny's, Uptempo's with jeans.

Almost every other performance basketball shoe for me is relegated to being worn with shorts, sweat/track pants. Which is fine I'm in a gym 5-6 days a week basically 9 months out of the year so they still get worn.

AZGs went on sale back in the day, too. As a kid who wore mens shoe sizes by age 9, I would not have gotten lebron AZG or 2, melo 5.5, kobe 1, even some jordans, if they didn't reach sales. I obviously regretted not getting SVSM AZG in 2017, but the rest of the colorways of this shoe are meaningless to me. Similar with the lebron 2 - didn't want olympic or maccabi, only down for ASG or other PEs.

Many basketball shoes still go on sale. Kyries always did, PGs did, giannis's do, lebron 20 and 21 were loved and still went on sale. Nike bball exploding around the lebron 7-9, kd4, kobe 6-8 era is an anomaly.

Kobe's would be too if he was alive.

No one said they didn't go on sale back in the day. All I was getting at is that a few years back, the retro of these (white/black/red) was a PITA to get even at full retail, and now the same shoe(s) is available for rock-bottom prices. I understand the 2017 was more limited, though.

And those who copped in 2017 still have a wearable pair

Yea my 2017 pair is holding up just fine

For sure. My 2017 pair is fine other than needing a light cleaning from kicking around in them outside. I'm going to keep banging on them before I put the new ones on concrete. Having the 2017s in good shape is why I originally planned to only buy one pair of these new ones, but like I said, at the price I got them for, I said screw it, may as well keep them. Another part of that is, I actually like the way the new retro looks more than the OGs and previous retro, and normally I despise it when Nike makes changes like that. But these new ones are a sleeker shoe and actually look better on foot to me. I guess I'm not as emotionally invested in AZGs being exactly like the OGs as I am with other classic Nike retros and Jordans :lol:

Back
Top Bottom