OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

i know of some as well but at the price they are selling, i can ID a pair exactly the way i want. either gonna get fades in GC or ID a pair..

thanks though IKS MOD.
Yea good point.  I iD'd a pair with xdr outsoles, but the pattern is not like the GC pairs. It looks and nearly feels the same as the standard US outsole.  In fact, I'm having trouble believing it is any different... Just a heads up
i'm sure you probably already seen this or noticed the difference w/ your pairs...

so xdr is a rip?

i thought it was actually a tougher rubber

the only difference is a little more rubber?

on the real, it wears just as quick if its the same rubber, making the herringbone grooves a little thicker is not going to make the sole last longer
he was talking about the NikeID XDR soles.
when i bend the toe box on my GC Xmas pair they seem to be a bit stiffer than my non GC Easters. So i do think it is a little more solid....

Pablo prigioni is the oldest rookie in the league. He's a pretty useless pg in terms of scoring but he's a good distributor. He's been wearing Kobe's all season as a Knick.

I don't see myself spending $200+ for the Christmas because I don't rock Kobe's casually. I play ball in all my Kobe's and I wouldn't play ball in clear soles so XDR Christmas would be the only one I'd get but $200+ for a ball shoe to get messed up is also not me.

Also off topic but somewhat relating to the poll, which line of Kobe's do you think had the best color ways throughout the entire model. My vote goes to the 5's

Pablo prigioni is the oldest rookie in the league. He's a pretty useless pg in terms of scoring but he's a good distributor. He's been wearing Kobe's all season as a Knick.

I don't see myself spending $200+ for the Christmas because I don't rock Kobe's casually. I play ball in all my Kobe's and I wouldn't play ball in clear soles so XDR Christmas would be the only one I'd get but $200+ for a ball shoe to get messed up is also not me.

Also off topic but somewhat relating to the poll, which line of Kobe's do you think had the best color ways throughout the entire model. My vote goes to the 5's

:rofl: that vid :lol:
spike lee is a funny guy... when he says "he wore them against the Lakers too" w/ that pause and look had me laughing hard...

Call me insane, but the Kobe shoe line is not really up there with Pennys (including Foams). Now if we're talking about player, thats a different story.

You can see all you want, but until it happens, I wouldn't make sure bold claims, 16 years from now is a long *** time bruh.

Also JR Smith endorse Lebron and Jordan line too. He actually endorses Lebron line more. He interviewed with NBA TV earlier today regarding his 6th man award and was ask about the shoes he wears and he mentioned the Lebrons and Retro Jordans. Said he's going back to the Jordans though. I could of swore DeRoz worse Lebrons too. Luke is a nobodys :lol:. There is that other kat from the Knicks who rocks Kobe religiously, I think his name is Pablo, but he a nobody as well.

the Kobe 4,5 and 6 begs to differ. :tongue:
Penny 1,2,3 or Kobe 4,5 and 6?

anyhoo, it's not a bold statement since Kobe already mentioned it and since
we're seeing shoes from lesser people retro as well as receive a new model.

half cent? Zoom Rookie? Don't tell me 15 years ago you knew this would happen
because the Penny line is "better". Did you predict them retro-ing the Crazy 8 in a
jazillion colorways?

The Kobe line will continue. The brand is too big for Nike to let go and as a player,
Kobe is a top 10 all time NBA Player. Trust me, you grandkids will be camping out
for a Kobe 8 Purp Fade retro after buying the Nike Kobe 18 Del Sol with lightspeed
technology.

best mix of form and function has to be the VIs
IVs were not really impressive aesthetically
Vs look cheap and not so cool
VIIs are ugly
VIIIs are ugly (honestly)

VIIs are ugly

everyones entitled to their opinion..... even dudes complaining about a shoe in the shoes own thread rockin a squirtle avy...

I disagree with some of yall the kobe IV's had THE BEST cw's. I mean many of the theme cw's we see now started there (del sol, inline, chaos, MLK/BHM, Rice, USC, etc). I think the 4's had the best colorblocking and use of materials. I miss the days when u got a laker cw first and there weren't so many gimmicky cws. Some of yall newbies need to go back and do your homework :rofl:

Last edited:
I disagree with some of yall the kobe IV's had THE BEST cw's. I mean many of the theme cw's we see now started there (del sol, inline, chaos, MLK/BHM, Rice, USC, etc). I think the 4's had the best colorblocking and use of materials. Some of yall newbies need to go back and do your homework :rofl:
+1

VIIs are ugly

everyones entitled to their opinion..... even dudes complaining about a shoe in the shoes own thread rockin a squirtle avy...

This is the same dude saying its a fact that all shoes are TTS smh

Well looking like my second pair is gonna be the purple gradients

I disagree with some of yall the kobe IV's had THE BEST cw's. I mean many of the theme cw's we see now started there (del sol, inline, chaos, MLK/BHM, Rice, USC, etc). I think the 4's had the best colorblocking and use of materials. Some of yall newbies need to go back and do your homework :rofl:

is this because you have 98 pairs? :x :smh: :smokin

I have to say... Kobe 4 del sol, CD, MLK, Chaos, Inline, Bred, Gradient... wait, I'm listing a lot of colorways.

Kobe 4 ties the Kobe 5 in terms of colorways and overall impact. The Kobe VI just took it to a wholenother level with the design(snake skin).
8s just taking it way too far. :smokin :pimp:

Last edited:
VIIs are ugly

but im not complaining, the 8s feel awesome, so i bought them to use them for what they were made for, basketball

i know thats a tough concept for you and many in this thread

is this because you have 98 pairs? :x :smh: :smokin

I have to say... Kobe 4 del sol, CD, MLK, Chaos, Inline, Bred, Gradient... wait, I'm listing a lot of colorways.

Kobe 4 ties the Kobe 5 in terms of colorways and overall impact. :pimp:

I'm not gonna lie I stocked up on 4s lol.
5s were amazing to. 8s ate brining the love back.

The Kobe IV was the best to me expect the Lunar Foam bottomed out but those were the best to me out of the line.

Also the Kobe 8 Christmas is the best colorway so far followed by the All Star Games

Back
Top Bottom