OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

sorry if this has been asked before.

Does anybody have more info on the kobe 8 system socks? not the ones that come with the limited edition pack that are yellow, but the ones that have part of the sheath logo in white on the back of the sock, to match the bottom part of the logo on the back of the shoe.

Thanks

THIS.
The uppers every year have evolved at least.
The flywire on the 5 was amazing at the time.
The 6 brought the SICK scale look with the thinner flywire.
7 brought the system idea (although flawed in a lot of peoples minds) and the newer flywire (again)
Then this year it's the mesh that has never been used before in a basketball shoe and going with the full length lunarlon is another step.
They continue to push the envelope as much as they can, with less shoe to do it with. I couldn't be happier with this line, since the ZK1. Every year with the exception of the 7 has been a vast improvement for me and have been my go to basketball shoe over essentially everything else i've tried.
Cause technology in shoes is THAT much better each year. Its all gimmicks and whatnot, nothing significant.

Not knocking the shoe, just think it needs to be a little different, these "tech" difference arent really that much better (if at all) then the previous year(s). This applies to all shoes.

Tech in the last 3 years>>>>the last 15.

As far as evolution goes, dynamic flywire has impressed me the most. It's not gimmicks, you just don't understand the history behind the tech.

Tech in the last 3 years>>>>the last 15.
As far as evolution goes, dynamic flywire has impressed me the most. It's not gimmicks, you just don't understand the history behind the tech.
But does it really make it THAT much superior than previous shoes?

Kobe 4's are still probably the best performing Kobe's. Lebron 2's are arguably his best shoes. I could go on and on. Im sure tech is advancing, I just dont believe it makes THAT much of a diffirences in the bigger realm of things.

Hell my favorite shoes to ever ball in were the Lebron 2's and Black Cat IV's that came out like 5 or so years ago. My previous basketbal shoes were Hyperdunk 2012 (current, and admit is the best HD to date, but still not amazing on my feet), Rose 2.5's, and 2011 Hyperfuses. The hyperfuses were probably the best.

Anywhos, this isnt the topic to really discuss this. If the KD5's really suck for ball I might end up picking these up. Not a huge fan of the hyperdunks im using right now.

Last edited:
Very glad the msrp stayed at $140. I hope they don't try to sell elites for $200 again this year.

Apologies in advance if this has been asked several times already.

What is the explanation for how this is a "system" when it doesn't have the multiple sockliners? What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for the help.

But does it really make it THAT much superior than previous shoes?

Kobe 4's are still probably the best performing Kobe's. Lebron 2's are arguably his best shoes. I could go on and on. Im sure tech is advancing, I just dont believe it makes THAT much of a diffirences in the bigger realm of things.

Hell my favorite shoes to ever ball in were the Lebron 2's and Black Cat IV's that came out like 5 or so years ago. My previous basketbal shoes were Hyperdunk 2012 (current, and admit is the best HD to date, but still not amazing on my feet), Rose 2.5's, and 2011 Hyperfuses. The hyperfuses were probably the best.

Anywhos, this isnt the topic to really discuss this. If the KD5's really suck for ball I might end up picking these up. Not a huge fan of the hyperdunks im using right now.

The tech IS that much better in some cases. It's ALL about your foot and what connects with you the best. To me, the Kobe 6 is my favorite performance shoe in the line.

As far as this year's shoes though, the Lebron X IS the most amazing shoe out. (and the best in the line to me)

I've heard nothing but good things about the KD V as well. You do have to break the foam in to get the most benefits of it, but stuff like that has to be known if you don't know.

The thing about tech is, the Jordan XVII was my favorite performance shoe. AT THE TIME. After going back to the shoe and comparing it to what i've what been seeing in the new tech I prefer the new stuff more. The fit/feel is just better overall, but that's just one of the things that is total preference.

Apologies in advance if this has been asked several times already.
What is the explanation for how this is a "system" when it doesn't have the multiple sockliners? What am I missing here?
Thanks in advance for the help.

I believe it's the "system" still because you can add the zoom insole and orthotic AND the nike plus with the ID versions. The insole still is a drop in system, so I guess technically thats why.

For those of you wondering about the sizes. I would go with a .5 size up. I tried my normal size and my toe hurt from trying them on after I left the store 
laugh.gif

first impressions from 6 hrs of work (PE Teacher)

-The EM is way more stiff than the EM on the LG4 which is loose to the touch. This provides the support that I was worried about.
-The Traction pattern is ok, not an audible squeak out of the box, hopefully it loosens up and more wears.
-Lockdown and heel cup are money. :pimp: :pimp:
-Light as a feather, seriously does not feel like a basketball shoe. :pimp:
-IMO the inner, especially the insert, feels exactly like the Roshe Run which I love. The triangle pattern take some time to get used to, especially around the forefoot and toes.
-Cushioning is top notch, very springy, very responsive.
-Tongue is light but very stiff I could see it creating a rub on exposed skin.

Can't wait to put in serious hours PLAYING in them and not just shooting around.

Last edited:
I believe it's the "system" still because you can add the zoom insole and orthotic AND the nike plus with the ID versions. The insole still is a drop in system, so I guess technically thats why.

Ahhhh, makes sense. Can you get a version with Zoom that doesn't require an orthotic?

Yessir. Theres 4 versions, lunar, zoom, nike+, orthotic ready.

Well, the NikeID only has 4 options, and the Zoom option is Orthotic-ready. Not sure if it requires an orthotic or not, but there isn't an option for zoom that doesn't involve orthotics.

Back
Top Bottom