OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Just reserved a pair of the Christmas at the FTL in the Glendale Galleria. When the cashier opened the reservation binder I saw there were only three 9.5s available (I got one) and a lot of the 10-11s were already reserved.

I bought them for a test drive ended up returning them. :smh: Not too crazy about the pattern and staring at it in person for awhile confirmed it. Doesn't make sense. I'll wait for a solid upper or the draft days to come out. Pythons maybe, gotta look how the pattern really looks. Make no mistake the comfort, weight, and fit is perfect. Aesthetically is a different story.

Last edited:
They didn't have Kobe 8's in my malls FTL or FNL (but they got full size run of DMV KD5s)
I'm going to the FTL an hour away tomorrow Please let them have em.

I want to get some sulfurs and hoping the FTL I go to accepts the BDAY coupon...
heard puente hills wouldn't honor the coupon, but montebello did...
don't understand that, but I know cerritos FTL is notoriously crappy for taking the coupon.

Sucks for the guy who had to deal with that :smh:

Picked up the Sulphers yesterday here in Oz at Footlocker retail - AU$219.99 (US$229.82) So we definitely getting ripped off. We had a $20 price increase from the 7's - now that's messed up....... :smh:

Yet to give them a run but from instore try-on = light, cushy, bit of getting used to the bumps on the insole kinda like massage insoles, tts compared to 7's.

Fair to say i wont be buying anymore 8's in Oz - online ftw!

I know it's really early to be asking, but when do the Kobe models usually began going on sale/clearance?

Can't remember how long it took for the Inline and Del Sol 7's to go on sale last year.

Tried 2 different 2 day free codes on swoosh. They don't apply according to CS call. They said expected delivery is 12/24 tho. They're shipping them out ASAP.

Your right two-day shipping doesn't work. I used code JUSTDOIT to receive the VIIIs by the 24th.

Inserts are on NDC. Lunarlon & Orthotics insole are $40 and Sport Pack insole is $60. That's the system.

got mine this morning as soon as the store opened and wow im impressed pictures dont do this shoe jusice you must see it on foot and in person these shoes are beautiful !!!! :smile: im glad i got mine next is the christmas lights if your iffy about this shoe dont be go get them already!!!

Oh my, tried on the sulfurs today and they are fuego. Comfort, style and weight A++ Very pleased with the VIII's. Now just waiting for my store to get them in and get that 30% off discount.

really not a fan of the fabric less insoles...

I don't own any Roshe's and have yet to ball in the 8 extensively but I'm liking the fabric-less insole so far. Only time will tell how they feel and if any blisters etc. will result from them.

Inserts are on NDC. Lunarlon & Orthotics insole are $40 and Sport Pack insole is $60. That's the system.

Interesting, the Sport pack separated from the shoe. Better imo than having the sensors and chips embedded within the shoe(Lunar Hyperdunk/Lebron X).

They didn't have Kobe 8's in my malls FTL or FNL (but they got full size run of DMV KD5s)
I'm going to the FTL an hour away tomorrow Please let them have em.
Can you...call them?
nerd.gif
Or....

http://unlocked.footlocker.com/launchlocator

I have to be in that area anyway and its a 1 mile detour for me, so all that isn't necessary. Lol trust I wouldn't drive an hour away for GR shoes,
I just hope to kind of go in try them on fall in love and cop
This is more of a problem for me when other releases come out., I asked about the XMAs pack and only one place is getting Christmas Brons and KDs, but still no Kobes.

Last edited:
Lookin forward to tryin the Kobe 8 on tomorrow..love the sulfurs from the pics so far..:smokin

I want to get some sulfurs and hoping the FTL I go to accepts the BDAY coupon...
heard puente hills wouldn't honor the coupon, but montebello did...
don't understand that, but I know cerritos FTL is notoriously crappy for taking the coupon.
Damn you must be near me I live in South Whittier, small world 
nthat.gif

My local footlocker is a go for bday coupon... Now I hope they have my size in the morning... If not, I have to wait couple more days for my homie with swoosh to come through. I'm getting impatient lol.

I feel as if the whole idea of selling the lunarlon/orthotic inserts separate from the shoes is to address the complaints about the lunarlon "bottoming out". clever move by Nike.

Whats the word on the back? Is it the full kobe logo like on nike id or just the 2 stripes?
The U.S. release will have the 2 stripes which you need to buy the socks for the full logo. The Asia version will have the full logo on the back of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom